• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:10 am in Vegas another 24,hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for brekkie, ABC!

QW, keeping my fingers crossed this one is it!

Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe bacon eaters. Gorgeous day here and I’m getting out in it. Another 24 for this guy. Have a wonderful day. Blessings x
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

We got up above freezing yesterday for the first time since Feb. 5th but somehow it just didn't feel all that warm to me... I think all that snow in the landscape gave a frosty feeling, psychologically.

I have put on too much weight due to covid: lack of exercise and over eating out of boredom and frustration. So, joining Weight Watchers! Mr. D is joining me and we are doing the digital version. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is doing well and we all have another 24.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We got above freezing yesterday as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! It was warm enough to do pork tenderloins on the wood pellet grill! But, the temps take a nosedive towards the end of the week and back to the frigid temps once again. Sure hope the forecast changes!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Almost 30° this morning, but snowing hard! I guess that you can't have everything!

I hope that you get the condo QW! It sounds wonderful!
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I have also gained a lot of weight since covid and retirement. I might have to check out weight watchers as well!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning. QW, Fingers crossed that this is the one!!! Top floor, end unit is the best! So exciting! Dill, I get what you mean about weight gain during covid. Mr. R and I started walking 2 miles a day last week. I want to do it everyday since I have gained about 10 pounds during this covid mess. It actually feels good to walk around and luckily being in Florida the weather allows it. Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’ll be spending today getting ready to list the house. Hopefully the offer we put in yesterday is accepted but the Calgary market is hot right now. This condo was listed Friday, had at least 2 showings Saturday, 3 scheduled for yesterday and 2 today. It was quite warm in the condo when we were there and at first attributed it to the fact it faces south and it was a sunny, mild day. Then we noticed the thermostat was set to 28C, 82F. Who keeps the temperature that high? Then it occurred to me that perhaps the people who went through before us might have changed the setting in an effort to discourage us from submitting an offer. The building isn’t air conditioned, sadly. We don’t need AC except for a few months of the year so not having it isn’t enough of a deterrent to us wanting to buy it. The proximity to family and Fish Creek Park makes it near perfect.

I too have put on weight - the Covid 15 I’ve heard it called - so will be taking Jessie for a walk this morning. Nice to be out of the deep freeze for a few days!

Have a great af Monday everyone. Stay safe.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's gorgeous here this morning but I have three grandkids for school today with varying schedules of online classes so coordinating a walk today won't happen, sadly. However, I will sneak in a recumbent bike ride at some point. It's all that's saved me from the covid "15"! I highly recommend them. Very easy on my back!

Looking forward to hearing you got that condo, QW!

24 more.....

Comment

Good morning Cafe elite members. Best of luck QW. Planning a Grand Canyon rim to rim hike this fall or late summer. I love this hike but haven’t done it since 2014. The planning is as much fun as the hike. We’ll camp on the north rim for two weeks. So, another 24 for me. Have a blissful day. Blessings x
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe! QW I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you and your wife! It seems as if the market is hot everywhere! Things here sell sometimes in the first day. Hope everyone has a good day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

The Covid 15? Lucky for me it was more like the covid 10. Still, losing that amount does feel daunting. I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in months. 10 pounds on the nose. Good for you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], having (and using) the recumbent bike.

Fingers crossed for you and Mrs. Q [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Hope your offer gets accepted.

Let's have a great af day, one and all.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

10 pounds here too Dill 5:55 am in Vegas I won't be drinking today, hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X