Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning everyone

Nice refreshing morning here too, hint of autumn in the air. Met my friend for our usual walk up in the woods with the doggies. We had both been away so nice to catch up.

I?ll take another 24.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Harvest is moving along fairly well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It was slow going with the peas as they were bent over flat to the ground so we had a hard time picking them up. But the good news is that we finished the peas yesterday, so we'll be starting on barley this morning. Thankfully it was just the peas that were laying flat so things should go better. I'll get some pics and videos soon so y'all can see what I see from the cab.

Stay safe [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], sounds like this storm is going to be a bad one.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, it does sound like a bad one, Rava. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

Glad you got the peas done, Cowboy. Hope all goes smoothly with the barley. Are you doing canola this year?

Not much news here. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. My intermittent posting has nothing to due with lack of interest, but all to do with new puppy. BTW, I was pushed an ad in instagram this morning marketing ?Zero Point Alcohol.? It was a bourbon and other varieties I believe. The bourbon was featured. For me, I was not a big fan of the taste of alcohol. It was all about the effect. However, it is good to know that there is an emerging market for healthy alternatives to regular alcohol. Thoughts? Anyway, another 24 for moi. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Thoughts are with our dear friend Satzafras and her family!

Last edited by techie; August 30, 2023, 11:28 AM.
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Check in soon, Rava. I'll take another one.

Comment

Good to hear alls well after the storm Rava.
                [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], there is def a big move to non alcoholic drinks with the young folk. The drinks company will not want to lose out on that market! For me, what is the point. Plus, I wouldn't risk trigging an urge. So I'll stick to water. Or Uisce as it's called in the irish language. The word for whiskey in Irish is 'uisce beatha'. Translated it means, water of life!! Thats how worshipped the poison is.

@Sarz123, I completely agree, your mams essence is still here and always will be. Nice day today to celebrate her life, I imagine there were amazing stories about her.
                Was your brother OK for the funeral?
                And YS? Has he gone down to limerick yet?
                Speaking of college, my eldest was offered his 1st choice today absolutely delighted.
                Last edited by IamMary; August 30, 2023, 06:20 PM.
                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Hope you are ok Rava, that storm looks pretty devastating.

BTW, I was pushed an ad in instagram this morning marketing ?Zero Point Alcohol.? It was a bourbon and other varieties I believe. The bourbon was featured. For me, I was not a big fan of the taste of alcohol. It was all about the effect.
                  While I also mostly drank for the effect I did learn to appreciate a variety of liquors (whiskey/scotch mostly) and interesting beers and really appreciate the tastes. That being said, at this point I think I would pass on any of the fake alcoholic beverages, the taste is just too connected with the effect, that I think it would just make me crave it more. I have had some spirit infused chocolates (my brother's chocolate company actually has some where they soak the cacao beans in old whiskey, rum etc. barrels) and that has been a good alternative for the flavor and about as far as I'll go, I think.

Comment

Comment

Aww Satz, I am so sorry to hear about your poor mum. She sounded like such a wonderful character from your stories of her. May she rest in peace. I felt the same about my mum when she passed. It wasn't her lying there any more, just the vehicle that carried her through this plane.

Brilliant news on your eldest's first choice Mary ! Must be a relief.

Hope everyone is OK and that the storms pass safely. Cannot imagine what that would be like to try and get through. Simply horrible.

Its my birthday today and despite it being about 5am, I have already attacked the chocolate pressies :haha:

Comment

Good morning everyone

Happy birthday Starty. Chocolate is a wonderful way to start the day, much better than a hangover. Congrats Mary, bet the young fella is delighted, bit if a lottery the way things are structured at the moment.

That was beautiful Satz, no wonder you were proud. He is a wonderful young man and please God he will conquer his addiction. That reply from the Forum manager made no sense to me.

Hope you are keeping safe Rava. Thanks for sharing that Abcowboy, the sheer size is amazing to see. Our little fields are like postage stamps in comparison.

Had a walk in the rain and now need to get ready to go meet two friends for lunch.

Comment

Happy birthday [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]! Chocolate sounds like a great way to start any day!

Thanks for the video cowboy, that's a huge piece of machinery that you're driving. How many acres are in that field you're harvesting? It looks like it never ends.

Techie, I've tried non-alcoholic wines and they tasted pretty bad. I also drank for the effect rather than the taste, so alcohol free booze doesn't cut it for me.

Satz, I know what you mean when you talk about the spirit leaving the body after death, and I believe that it rises up to a better place.

Mr. J and I went to the orchard yesterday and picked about 40 pounds of apples. Looks like I'll be canning lots of applesauce over the next few days.

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Missed yesterday but it was not storm related, I just got busy doing stuff. The hurricane passed north of us. We did experience some outer bands which spurred tornado warnings and heavy rain which lasted about 2 hours, yesterday was mostly windy and sunny. Thanks for all the well wishes. Hope everyone has a great day. 24 more for me please and thanks

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

@starty !

Comment

Working...
                                X