~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Another 24 for me. Nothing noteworthy to report. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Evening. I've been desperate at checking in this week. We are selling my brothers house and my sister and I are managing it all. I absolutely love doing it, but everything else is suffering!
      Picked up a headcold so am v moany.

Presume your back on the lecky grid Rustop..

Hope your having a ball Molly, great spot.

Glad the daughter boyfriend passed the test [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!! Meeting my middle lady's new bf on Sunday too..

Any word from YS yet [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]? How's he settling in??
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
        Afternoon all. 13:09 here in Ireland. Weather is shite.
        I rarely complain about the weather but this has to be the worst Summer ever. It never stops raining.
        Even when it's not raining it's threatening to rain - so to make plans to do anything is difficult..
        That's like our winters (well... and fall and early spring), it's miserable indeed. But now when we desperately need it we can't even get a drop of rain, and everywhere is burning or smoking. I'd gladly trade you some of this relentless sun for some of your miserable rain, right now!

Comment

Sitting on the back porch listening to harmony of late summer insects. The leaves here are also beginning to change colors, and the nights are cooler. I love the Fall, and welcome it with open arms.

Any day is a good day to be sober, so here's to another 24.

Comment

4:48am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've had a week of on and off rain showers so it's cooled things off a bit and slowed up harvest. Next week is supposed to be sunny and warm so I expect I'll get the call to go help bring in the crop.

I'm another person who likes fall [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], our leaves are really starting to turn and some have already started dropping.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ah yes, fall. It's the best, IMO. Schools around here are starting and the busses are rolling! Boy, do we have a driver shortage though. Is it like that where you all are?

Off to lunch and an art class with my sisters. Should be fun! I'll gratefully take another day.

Comment

Late check in for me. I had volunteering today so the routine went out the window.

I'm a fan of Fall as well.

24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Off on long run. Another 24 please. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Love Autumn too! We had a bit of rain today, but sun promises to return tomorrow. I'm a weirdo and like rain

Ginger, we are short bus drivers, teachers, nurses, guards... the list goes on and on! We had the same bus driver for years when my kids were small, then he retired and it was 1 disaster (or adventure , according to my kids) after another!

Leaving certs results today, this exam decides if kids make the cut for university. Eldest did better than we all thought, so looking good. Places offered next week.
                      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Love Autumn too! We had a bit of rain today, but sun promises to return tomorrow. I'm a weirdo and like rain
                        Early autumn can be really nice too, at least before the monsoons start. I'd say you're lucky; my body seems to be hardwired to detest rainy weather, it's like without sun (or at least a decently bright day) my brain doesn't produce enough serotonin.

Comment

Ginger, we are also short on bus drivers as is the case with many other professions. It seems as though after covid, many people got used to staying at home and collecting unemployment. Now that source of income has ended for most folks one would think that they'd be going back to work, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Not sure what they are living on if they don't get welfare?
                          [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I'm glad to hear that YS seems to like his new job. Hopefully it will be enough to keep him away from the booze. Sending a prayer that he will be able to stay sober this time around. :hug:

I've been seeing many flocks of geese heading south, bringing with them the warm days of summer. The older I get, the faster time seems to fly. Sigh...

24 more please...

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Delighted about your boys Satz and Mary. Great to read some good news. I do love autumn but afraid our summer came too early this year so not ready for it.

Agree with you Jude, time does seem to go faster as you age. Beach walk this morning. We are going out to dinner this evening as it was our anniversary during the week. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

5:21am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; August 26, 2023, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Yes, that's great news about your kid's [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]! Does your eldest have any idea on what they want to do next Mary? And hopefully this new job will give YS the added incentive to stay sober Satz.

I have no idea on the bus driver situation around here [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but I suppose it's a shortage like everything else. Seems like there's "Help Wanted" signs everywhere.

And a belated Happy Anniversary to you and Mr R [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]!

The farm boss called yesterday afternoon so I'll be moving back out to the farm this morning and getting the camper setup for harvest season. We'll be starting on the peas sometime today once we get the combines ready to roll.
                                Last edited by abcowboy; August 26, 2023, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X