~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Geez techie, you like to live dangerously don't you? Glad that you are ok though!

We will be freezing another bushel of corn today. Next on the list will be canning peaches.

24 more please...

Comment

Good morning everyone

Glad you are ok after your tumble Techie. I?ll take another 24 with gratitude.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So sorry for those without power, you never realize how much you use it until you can’t. Wishing everyone a sober day. 24 more please.

Comment

4:51am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have a fun, safe trip then Molly, bikes are a great way to enjoy a trip unless it rains lol.

Seems like smoke is the norm this summer for most everyone [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION].

Glad the bf got the 2 :thumbsup: [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], looks like your daughter picked a good one.

Where in Canada was your hubby going to be fishing [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]? Hopefully all your services will be restored soon.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I tried to play word association. It went from "gown" to "ballroom." I could not think of a family-friendly response. All I could think of was "gown," which was already played. Went to bed, and woke to the flipping obvious answer:

It's Blitz, of course.

I'm sorry to everyone having weather-related hardships. The weather does not change much here. Summer sees highs in the 60s, lows in the 50s. Winter sees highs in the 50s with lows in the 40s. It sounds nice until you figure in 72 inches of of rain per year, and wind that strips bark off trees.

My life drama remains. I got an RO against one of my stalkers, and complained to the trash removal people in pretty bombastic fashion. I really let them have it in that VM! It did have an impact though. I said: "If you are profiting from that MJ trim & disposal operation, SHAME ON YOU. If you are not, you should know that your employees are, and they are using your equipment to do it and to harass me." My block got real quiet.

So, living a very boring life, that is somehow still living on the edge. I drank twice too. Did not even feel bad about it because I needed sleep, and it's really hard to sleep when people are torturing you. I downed a bottle of wine each time. It took me all damn day, but I did it. The doc has since given me something better for sleep. My doc gave me the OK not to quit vaping weed, which surprised me. He said that might cause other problems and just cut back and see how it goes. It goes good.

A day without alcohol is like a day without an asteroid shower.

Hope everyone has a good one.
              --

Dragster

"Never laugh at live dragons."
              ― J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Jude, we often do freezer corn, but this summer Mr. D has planted our corn so efficiently that we have had a steady stream of ripe corn, but no big amount at one time. Mr. D wants to buy some late corn from our farmer friend when it ripens. We'll buy plenty for the freezer then. Corn is one of my favorite veggies to freeze.

Going to a meeting of the Greene County Retired Teachers Association today to hear a speaker and share a meal with old friends and colleagues.

24 more hours of freedom please and thank you.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Lots going on in the Cafe! I'm off to play cards with the girls. It's a drive to get there but I'm up for a jeep outing, even if it's on the freeway. Lol I'll gladly take another!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123
                    Afternoon all. 13:09 here in Ireland. Weather is shite.
                    I rarely complain about the weather but this has to be the worst Summer ever. It never stops raining.
                    Even when it's not raining it's threatening to rain - so to make plans to do anything is difficult.

This house is still heaving with people. I'm constantly shopping for more food. They eat a lot. T'is like throwing buns to a bear ( as my ol Ma used to say before she went demented) :haha:
                    YS went off to the new job at the university - we'll see.
                    Sun shining in Donegal :egad:
                    Those are words you rarely see in one sentence....it normally rains 24/7 up here!!!
                    Had a lovely spin up over mountains and feck knows where...got lost 20 times but they are often the nicest places tbh.

Staying in Harvey's Point tonight which is delightful...probably Mother Hubbard's B+B tomorrow....variety etc!!!
                    Went to word association thread and I blanked...will try again tomorrow ;-)

Right ...going for a wee walk down the lake
                    Enjoy the gang Benjy!!
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. Well, I was quite sore this morning so I just did pool laps today. I hate training for the swim (my weakest event). I am usually close to a minute behind the lead swimmers. Interestingly enough, in most cases I pass them in the bike. Too many inexperienced triathletes exhaust themselves in the swim. Anyhow, off to dinner and a movie with the stunning Mrs. Techie. I wish you all the best rest of your day, evening or night possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the sparkle Techie. Very jealous of Molly, Harvey?s point is fabulous. Off to Strandhill, Sligo today to have lunch with two friends I have not seen in years. I?ll take another 24.

Comment

Satz, hope that YS had a good first day at the new job. Fingers crossed!

Off to play the word association game and see what I can come up with.

24 more please...

Comment

Ginger, did you take your kitty along to play cards? Hope you all had a good time. I am awful at cards.

Techie, hope your feeling better today.

Yesterday's luncheon was fun, but fewer participants than ever. People are just not finding the need to join the retirement association. The lady in charge of recruiting new members asked for ideas but off the cuff I couldn't think of any. I'll ponder it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:52am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined me for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24764]DragonbytheSea[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] mollyka [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good MAE, everyone! Dill, Cyrus stayed home with hubby. He's such a good traveler! He could have gone without issue. He loves to go out in the garage so he can sit on the jeep. He's a funny guy!

I'll take another!

Comment

Working...
                                X