X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army on Parade 18th January

Good morning peeps.

Another new week and all seem to be getting through January nicely

I for some reason seem to be feeling so much more positive than I have felt for a very long time. Not sure what it is whether it is Christmas out the way, January not too far from being covered or simply my diet that has improved and is helping my mood. Who knows so I will keep doing whatever it is I have been doing.

Anyway, wakey wakey all, time to embrace monday and have a great week

Startypants and to whoever drops by the barracks later on.

Good to hear that you're feeling more positive, Starts. I do think the fact that we can actually feel that Spring is not too far away helps but I'm sure that eating better has a lot to do with it. Personally, I always ate fairly well, but have been cutting out as much food with white flour and sugar as I can. And of course, not drowning myself in AL every night has made a HUGE difference. I lost 5 kilos within the first month or so of stopping AL and I can tell you, that was a big bonus. Mind you, sleep was shite for the first couple of months - the first month especially - but I was determined to get through it. Still not sleeping as well as I'd like to but heck, it's a lot better than waking up exhausted from a drunken "non-sleep". Oh, and driving to work whenever I have to - like today - means I don't have to constantly worry if I can drive the 40 kilometres to the store without crashing my car due to AL still being in my system. Anyway, I could go on and on about the positive things of being sober, but then you all know what I'm talking about. It's just that it feels so good to face a new day and a new week feeling positive. Actually caught myself smiling on the way to work this morning, thinking of how good I feel. Sleepy, but good. Hope you all have a great day!!inkele:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by stirly-girly View Post

Startypants and to whoever drops by the barracks later on.

Good to hear that you're feeling more positive, Starts. I do think the fact that we can actually feel that Spring is not too far away helps but I'm sure that eating better has a lot to do with it. Personally, I always ate fairly well, but have been cutting out as much food with white flour and sugar as I can. And of course, not drowning myself in AL every night has made a HUGE difference. I lost 5 kilos within the first month or so of stopping AL and I can tell you, that was a big bonus. Mind you, sleep was shite for the first couple of months - the first month especially - but I was determined to get through it. Still not sleeping as well as I'd like to but heck, it's a lot better than waking up exhausted from a drunken "non-sleep". Oh, and driving to work whenever I have to - like today - means I don't have to constantly worry if I can drive the 40 kilometres to the store without crashing my car due to AL still being in my system. Anyway, I could go on and on about the positive things of being sober, but then you all know what I'm talking about. It's just that it feels so good to face a new day and a new week feeling positive. Actually caught myself smiling on the way to work this morning, thinking of how good I feel. Sleepy, but good. Hope you all have a great day!!inkele:
      What a fab post Stirly and so important that we are reminded of this. I too relish in the clean driving feeling. Such a relief. Yes my diet is as clean as possible. I don't think I have lost much weight but I hope that will settle into a pattern soon. I too have removed white flour and refined sugar. Still having lots of healthy carbs and fruit

Comment

Good Morning,
        Great positive post Stirly to start Monday. I still drag myself out of bed but that because Im a lazy bed loving cow who doesn't go to bed early enough!When when Im up, it is just brilliant.

For me, its that first moment of consciousness before I open my eyes and I try to remember and calculate how hungover Im going to be, or if I'll get away with it today.. and I must not drink today, but theres one bottle left, well if I can just manage a single glass after 9pm, it being monday and all. Maybe do it on the sly cos MrM wont want one, he might notice, so I'll pick another bottle up in the shopping, as I'll probably have a second glass realistically. Dont need shopping, well I'll think of something we need. Then I open my eyes.

Who needs that, seriously.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Oh god Mary, that was me going to the shops not needing anything but buying stuff anyway. I was worst in chemists and it HAD to be something extra that could only be bought from the chemists. If anyone needs hydrocortisone cream in the next 10 years, Im yer woman!!

Comment

Wow girlies. Did no one tell yiz today is officially the most depressing day of the year?
            Cop on ,,

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Oh god Mary, that was me going to the shops not needing anything but buying stuff anyway. I was worst in chemists and it HAD to be something extra that could only be bought from the chemists. If anyone needs hydrocortisone cream in the next 10 years, Im yer woman!!
              :hahaha:
              Obviously you alternated the chemists as per the rota in your head. And God forbid if it was the same sales woman as last week!!

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Wow girlies. Did no one tell yiz today is officially the most depressing day of the year?
                Cop on ,,
                Taking back all the joy.. My hair need doing... So unbelievably depressing, you don't understand my pain.

Comment

A very late good morning from me.
                  Had a bit of a lie in and now warming through before tackling the ironing
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                    :hahaha:
                    Obviously you alternated the chemists as per the rota in your head. And God forbid if it was the same sales woman as last week!!
                    Oh the shame....and when they questioned me it was of course for Mr Starts and can you get men to go to the doctors??? :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                      Cop on ,,
                      Yes I was reading that this morning. Must try harder

Comment

Young Satz drank last night. Denied it until I produced a receipt for 2 bottles of wine bought just before he got home.
                        The smell in the bedroom, the row with the GF because she knew by his tone on the phone, the glass of wine forgotten about in the sitting room and he still denying it��
                        Told him to ring the councellor of group or I was not going tonight.
                        What is the point ......

Comment

I'm so sorry, Satz. Understanding what he's going through doesn't make it any easier. In fact, I'm least able to handle in my kids the things I don't like about myself. It has to come from him so please don't be too hard on yourself. xx, NS

Comment

Ahh Satz, love. This is so tough for you. :hug:
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Ah Satz, sorry to hear that :hug:
                              I dont think any of us got it right first time..Did he go to work today? How is he?

Comment

Working...
                              X