• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2017

Hi Fen
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hola, Pauly! :heartbeat:

Comment

Fenny! I am in Sun Prairie and I was just thinking about you today! Geez....how are you???

Comment

Fenny-Tell us what is going on with you. We SO miss u here! How is your Mom? Are
          you dating? I am not. :-)

Comment

Fennel. You made my day.:welldone:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by fennel View Post
              I miss you, too...thought I'd pop in for a bit...
              So WONDERFUL to see you. xoxo
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hi all, don't have consistent WIFI. Re the pics, my sister said I must be in
                because it's been so long since I saw one lol.:newhere:

I had the implant surgery today - 4 hours with mouth open. I took their meds when the numbing wore off - it was a fizzle. It's DOLAC. There are no codeine medications here, I took a second one with the dentist approval.
                Liz, you are such a good mom.
                Wildflowers, thank you for your concern. You are doing fantastic and I'm glad your SO is noticing.

Hi Fen.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

This is happy day. Fen, you have no idea how often I think of you. :heartbeat: Fill us in please.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

SK - OUCH! Was this the last thing now? When do you go home?

Rusty - there you are!

AG - I can't wait to hear about your appointment on day 43.

Changes - great job. Glad you got some sleep. Your body is adjusting so that's why you're still feeling drained/groggy. It gets so much better.

WF - love that your new found clarity was noticed!!!

Liz - I hope that everything is going ok with you!!

Pauly - What's new??

Glassie - Check in please!!

Techie - is it still raining up there?
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Fen, I have missed you! yes please fill us in on what you've been up too.

AG. 30 days:welldone: so proud of you! You're sounding amazing. Doesn't it feel good to be sober.

SK, wow, that sounds painful! Hope you're managing ok with the discomfort.

Nora, how are you doing? You've not said much about you lately. Hope your managing ok with everything.

Changes, glad you had a good rest. Everyday a little better!

Techie, you feeling ok?

Wildflower, glassie, Pauly hello!

So guess who called in sick for tomorrow? yup, Ann,again. I took today off as I would loose the time if I didn't take it and tomorrow is my regular day off, my boss called me to see if I was available and I said no. She was ice about it, but I have a doctors appt and the lunch with a former coworker. Other than that it was a good day. After taking CJ to the airport (she flew out of Kennedy, which is in NYC and a brutal commute) I did go back to bed for a bit. Had lunch with long time friends. Our kids went to preschool together! Then Erin's MIL came by to discuss the baby shower. She was so excited with our ideas and we came up with some additional ideas. It's all coming together and it was fun. Don't know why I worried we just really were sensitive to each other's ideas. I'm loving the busyness of all this planning. I need to unwind a bit so I can go to sleep. Think I'll read a it.
                      Wishing you all a goodnight:heartbeat:

Comment

Thanks Liz, it DOES feel good to be sober. Really good.

SK! Ouch! I hope you are better now. Hang in there!

Busy times Liz! Sounds fun. I cannot believe that Ann called in AGAIN. That is just wrong. Good for you for not bailing her out this time. Maybe management will realize they can't have an unreliable employee. Ugh.

I had a good day. I had today and tomorrow switch from what I thought was a full day out of the office for me into a full day IN the office. (Seems to be a pattern for me lately, ha ha, but I'll take it.) Hubs is back home which is really nice. I think he missed me, so that's good too.

My sister-in-law has been on her sobriety journey for about 5 months now. She is doing really well and is an inspiration to me. I came home yesterday to a beautiful arrangement of sunflowers that had been delivered. The card said "Sunflowers are beautiful, strong, and resilient, just like you." love, your brother (it was his name) Well, ha ha ha, I know him well enough to know he didn't write that! She must have written it. Such a sweet way to acknowledge my 30 days, I was very surprised as I haven't made a big deal about it. But I knew that she knew. And SHE knows its a big deal, but just one small step in the journey. I thought I'd share them with you:

Sunflower.JPG

Happy day, my beautiful, strong, resilient friends!

Onward!
                        Last edited by actiongirl46; February 22, 2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Liz - glad to see your post. I've been worried about you. I'm glad that everything is coming together. Good job on saying NO to covering for Ann again. Why don't they get rid of her?

I'm in a weird place right now. Not depressed but not at the top of my game. We leave on Monday for Oregon & am going in as optimistically as I can. Positive vibes that hubby will be fine here at home alone with Mom. Positive vibes that things go well in Oregon........that we get a lot accomplished and my brother and I are still talking at the end of the week. (Almost joking but not really??)
                          Mom had a very bad day mentally yesterday. Very disoriented and living in the past. Wanting to call her parents, etc. Just very on edge. We went to bed and she was very restless. She woke up during the night and was very confused. She wanted to know where Nora was. I said that I was Nora. She said - no my Nora. I said Mom, I am your Nora. She gave a little smile - no, I mean my Nora. It was the first time that she looked right at me and verbally let me know that she didn't know me. I know that it has happened before because I can tell by the look on her face. But, it still was sad. She is declining at a more rapid pace now. I can tell in the last couple of months that she has lost more words, skills, etc.
                          Anyway, I am very grateful that she is happy and not in pain. I am grateful that we can still laugh and have fun. I think I'm just anxious about being gone.
                          Well, thanks for my therapy session everyone. Where should I send the bill?
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AG - x-post.

What a wonderful gift that your SIL sent you. 30 days is a HUGE deal and for your brother (SIL) to send you those sunflowers and those words. How special is that.
                            You are doing it the way it should be done!!! :applouse::yay:
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora.

Wow, that is really rough with your mom. I can understand your anxiety! Can I guess that she may be a little more agitated without your energy, but she probably won't be sad? Will she just continue doing what she is doing? Your husband is really a good son-in-law to take this on. And he has had lots of practice since she lives with you, that is a good thing.

This is going to be a very emotional week for you! What are your go to tricks for self-calming when you are busy? I have been using deep yoga breaths and classical music. Also Jolly Ranchers seem to hit the spot.

Thinking of you and your family. Its going to be ok.

Comment

Good idea about self calming. I have a stone that I carry in my pocket. It's my worry stone that I can hold when I'm anxious. I have been doing the breathing. I have also tried to be proactive and give myself time to just chill out.......color or read. Something that is relaxing.
                                Hubby is very good with her. I am so lucky. Mom is usually fine and happy. I don't think she will even know that I'm gone. She didn't realize that I was gone when I was in the hospital last month. I know everything will be fine. It just helped to talk it out. :hug:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X