One Step at a Time - February 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - February 2017

AG, how nice that your SIL is so supportive. That is huge! Strength in numbers, I think. Keep it up, you are so doing this! One day at a time.

Nora, I know when we cleaned out my in laws house we needed to take breaks just to get grounded again. Panera was a favorite respite for a little while. Of course there was the beach and walmart too! Just take some time when your overwhelmed or sad and get away from it! Sorry mom was off yesterday. Went to lunch with my friends and the one is dealing with her dad who has dementia. It just seems to be everywhere and it's sad. We will do for our parents:love:

Comment

Morning all,AG,that was so nice of your family to send the flowers Nora,just take it slow and easy,I'm sorry your moms getting worse that makes me sad how long are you gonna be in Oregon? Fen,was a nice surprise to see you, what's been going on in your life? Liz,I can't believe Ann AGAIN! Why bother even working anymore? Kell works at my shop on Wednesday and she said one of the girls came in at 2 and left at 4! How dumb is that? Plus this sane girl owes my boss past booth rent yet still gets away with nonsense, its B.S.yesterday I went to put some boxes in Michelle's room and I was overcome with such emotion I couldn't breathe for a minute, just the smell of her room reminded me of her(no not weed haha) and see in all her stuff, just an unexpected feeling but she called last night and seems to be doing OK Techie,has it dried out some? How are you feeling? Waves to all and wishes for a happy AF Thursday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning peeps. Off to work. Hope it's a fantastic day for everyone.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ugh,what an exhausting day,left work early to go to the dentist came home and me and Winslow took a nap for an hour! I still feel super groggy from it,maybe we slept for too long,stupid conversations at work this week I've had 2 different customers say that beer isn't dehydrating, horseshit! I used to wake up with the driest mouth,eyes,etc hope everyone is having a great day

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Steppers. Techie is off on a trip tomorrow. Will check in as I have time. This will fe a combination business and pleasure trip to The Big Island. Talk soon. xo
            “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Nice techie, Enjoy!!

Pauly, I'm not a beer drinker but al is dehydrating! You can't argue with dumb! Geez. I can imagine how sad your were going into Michele s room. I hope it didn't last too long. I'm glad she's going well, I'm sure you're relieved too.

Had lunch with my former co worker today. I really do miss her. Back to work tomorrow for me and I am anticipating a mess. Not sure who covered these past two days.
              Wishing you all a good night!

Comment

Liz, I knew it would come together nana boo boo.

I am so glad you didn't agree to fill in for Anne. Everyone has to make it uncomfortable for her, and it's not like you don't have a lot on your own plate. I can sense your excitement.

Nora, so sad for you. I just don't have the words, I think it's wonderful that your husband is trying to trail blaze the path for you.
                Maybe this trip away will be good for you and maybe that's a stupid thing to say.

Fennie, I think you left when you were enjoying your new job and recovering from that relationship.............., please continue.

Pauly, when are you finished with your dentist? I know exactly what you mean. Whenever I went to my daughter's room I could smell her perfume. I would lie on her bed until it became too much.

AG, what a fabulous acknowledgement from your SIL - and bro.

Techie, you are truly the definition of a jetsetter!:heartbeat:

Rusty, how are you?

Hiya Cowboy.

I think my flt on American Airlines was about
                450. I can't have the dermatologist do her thing because my mouth is too fragile. The change in reservation was going to cost me $690.00! I cancelled and went with Southwest for $249.00. That is from Phoenix, I still have to get from Yuma to Phoenix. My face is still very numb and hopefully, I will look better as the numbness diminishes.

It's clear I am the hotel resting. I miss Peggy. Although it's been a relief to avoid the early morning walk, I'll bet I get up 2 x a night to check on her, lol.

See you later.

It just occurred to me that it's been a very long time since TMH has posted. Longer than usual anyway.

I woke up this morning and it looks as if I have Bell's Palsy. My mouth is so twisted it looks sinister. Of course I went back. I was in the waiting room and met a lot of "friends". They all came back looking fab. Dentist told me I needed Vit B to heal the nerves for 30 days. I am disappointed and I'd just better see an improvement in 30 days! Because the novocaine didn't reach the inside of the gum some of the work was painful. I just grabbed the arm on the chair. The dentist commented on how strong I was - stronger than a man, haha.

This doesn't really mean I am courageous. Being alone means just that, I don't have the luxury of weighing options. Press on regardless is my motto. If I were to consider the softest option, I would be self-pitying.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Hi all! Checking in . . . not much to say tonight. I've been really tired today so off to bed early (for me). Take care - AG

Comment

:love::love:In bed but wanted to check in. Catch you all after some zzz's.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow - SK. :sad:

Techie - have a wonderful time.

Peace & love to everyone. Got to run. I've been swamped trying to get ready to be gone for all next week. I'll be back tonight. :checkin:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey all,hope everyone's enjoying their day,been out shopping for Bradys birthday on Sunday,then Louie's is next Sunday,sheesh! Hormonal hell today feel like I've been all over the place but I know that just resting when I need to and power through when I need to do that I'll be OK,back later

Comment

Don't often stray this far from home

Anyway Pauly, I highly recommend, Black Cohosh............didn't want to take HRT and it worked like a dream.

Black Cohosh for Menopause Symptoms-Topic Overview
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Thanks Jackie,I do remember you mentioning it a loong time ago,will look into it

Comment

Hi friends - I hope your Friday was good! I had a pretty routine work day, nothing too exciting, but nothing bad either. I'll take it. And . . . day 33 is in the books.

I slept for 2 hours after work. I don't feel sick, just really fatigued. There is lot of flu going around (some schools districts south of us were closed today, that never happens) so may just be fighting something off. Can the body still be recovering from AL after 33 days????

SK, what a goat rope. I hope the rest of it goes quickly and is relatively painless. How are you feeling today? Did you face loosen up?

pauly, I hope you have a good day doing hair "therapy" tomorrow. Hang in there.

Hey Nora, I hope you get everything done this weekend! Then its time to just get r done.

WF, how are you today? Where are you in your AF journey? (forgive me if you have said it recently . . . )

Off to bed, we have lots of band and sporting events tomorrow. Per usual. But I will be able to enjoy them with a clear head and hopefully some energy!

Onward!

Comment

Can barely keep my eyes open, I'm that tired!
                                SK hope your numbness eases up.
                                AG, I would welcome a sporting evet!
                                Nora p:hug:

Sleep good my loves. I'll post more tomorrow,

Comment

Working...
                                X