One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - Dry (And Healthy, Self-Caring) July 2018

Glassie - I think I was just building it up in my head. I never gave birth so I think I was just so wanting to see her right after. And, it's much better to give the parents some time alone. I think I'm just anxious/excited.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Actually, I'm probably just being a little jealous that her parents will have more access to the baby if I'm going to be completely honest here. Embarrassed to say it out loud.
      They want her to learn Spanish first so I wonder how they're going to feel about leaving her over here, etc. I should have taken a crash course in Spanish.
      I am sure that it's a problem in my own mind. I haven't even said it out loud before but I think it's been in the back of my head. My DIL is very definite on the way things are going to be (I hate to break it to her that life doesn't work that way). I will just be a loving Grandma and stop worrying about stupid stuff.
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Pauly - I meant to tell you. Someone at work the other day was talking about what a perfect food an avocado is. :rotlf: I told her about Romeo
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
          Had some pretty strong cravings today. My friend called me and she was drinking. Then I was just kinda bored. But got through it ok. Gosh Glassie, they send you home the day after you give birth here, unless there is some problem. They did that to me with both my girls. .....Nora nice your mom is eating...I have been thinking of Liz too a lot.....Paulie, glad Michelle got a good bf....so I got the list today of stuff the owners of the house would like to sell. I am just going to buy all of it, which is the appliences and some lawn furniture....oh Nora, loved your pool pic!.....well, I guess I'll read awhile...

Comment

I’m pretty sure you have time to learn Spanish and 17 other languages before she starts to talk!

It’s always different when you’re the MIL and not the mother; I think that’s just normal. Even if you do see the little one a bit less often, you will still see plenty of her, and your relationship will be just as close as her other grands.

Are you buying any welcome gifts?

On a completely unrelated topic - I’ve been meaning to ask for your help in posting pictures. How do get yours to be normal size? Mine only come out as thumbnails. Are there instructions on here anywhere?
            There's two ways of looking at the holes in your shoes
            You can dig the ventilation... or you can sing the blues

I didn't come this far to only come this far.

Comment

Bird - so exiting!!! Do you move in on the 31st?????

Great job on getting thru the cravings!
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
                I’m pretty sure you have time to learn Spanish and 17 other languages before she starts to talk!

It’s always different when you’re the MIL and not the mother; I think that’s just normal. Even if you do see the little one a bit less often, you will still see plenty of her, and your relationship will be just as close as her other grands.

Are you buying any welcome gifts?

On a completely unrelated topic - I’ve been meaning to ask for your help in posting pictures. How do get yours to be normal size? Mine only come out as thumbnails. Are there instructions on here anywhere?
                Cowboy wrote some wonderful directions. I am currently using flickr to host my pics. Cowboy uses something else.

Hopefully this link works

Posting Pictures
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thanks Nora and [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].

Bird I had cravings yesterday too. (Well done on not giving in to them!). I used this as my mantra:

Last edited by Glass Half Empty; July 14, 2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Love that Glassie!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

By the way, did I mention that I am watching Christmas movies on Hallmark? A new one just started.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Comment

Another of my favorites - love that one. Kept me going a few times for sure!
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I wonder if [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] is still at the facility with her dad. I hope that things are ok.
                              Liz - if you check in. Send you big hugs. :hug:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], really Christmas movies, bah humbug! When Logan was born I would not have wanted to be there. I asked Erin if she wanted me there and she said no. I don't think I could've watched Erin in pain like that. He was born at 11:30 at night and we went to see him the next afternoon. We didn't go until she said it was ok to come. I didn't want to upset her. I love your pool! You need a raft to float on!

Rusty, glad you're feeling better finally. I hope you're not going to overdo.

Glassie, I love your advice to Nora! I agree with you. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], does your son speak Spanish? I wouldn't worry too much about it now.. A lot of what she has in mind will probably go right out the window when push comes to shove. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to have all the help she can get.
                                [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], sounds like things are moving along nicely with the house! I'm glad you rode out that craving. Boredom is huge for me and drinking.

Pauly, anxiety really does suck. Hopefully it will pass quickly. Do you still walk?

Spent a lot of time with dad today. He was pretty sleepy, but tonight he was moaning again. He did eat some of his dinner, but no breakfast or lunch. No real change. I went to breakfast with an old friend this morning. Her mom died a few years ago, so she shared some of her knowledge on area rehabs/nursing homes. Anyway, nothing really new here.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support. It really means a lot that you all care! Wishing you all a quiet AF night!

Comment

Working...
                                X