Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - October 2018

Hi all,
    Had my counselor today but decided I am not going to use her anymore. She is nice enough but its going nowhere and some of the stuff she asks me I don't like. Anyway, still fitting kids for their concert attire up at the bandroom. 2 or 3 more football games I think, then its over. Talked to my mom a couple nights ago. I am probably going to go visit her soon. She sounds ok but says she is forgetting stuff. I am so afraid of flying, but it is the only way I can get there......Nora, did you get the hot tub filled up and ready to go? ....Techie, good to see you and you must be a good coach......Lizann, maybe watching the Rockford Files helps your mom keep her mind off stuff. That is nice about the puppy visit. Sorry you got sad.....Rusty, sorry about the overwhelm. It is so tough when things get all backed up, and then the mice. Hope your mom is doing ok.....Pauly, good for you talking to the owner. It is nice to like going to work....guess I will watch tv a bit...b

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot, my avatar used to jump, but I left and came back and then I couldn't find the jumpy one

Comment

Oh I remember your jumpy avatar, Bird.

Sorry that you are melancholy Liz but it does help to have a good cry :hug: . I've been on the verge for days. It will hit eventually.
        [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] - sending you more hugs. Hang in there.

Glassie - I imagine things are getting a little crazy now. I can't wait to see pics. :love:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Have a wonderful day
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Happy Wednesday all! Rusty,I hope you feel better today Liz and Nora it's ok to feel weepy sometimes,,something I need to learn for sure,Bird,what kind of questions does the counselor ask that bug you? I only ask cuz I was seeing a therapist a few years ago and he used to irritate me with his questions,he'd ask,I'd answer then he'd just stare at me waiting for me to say something else,just bugged me cuz he offered no solutions just questions and if I had the solution I wouldn't be in his office in the first place,meh,anyhoo everybody enjoy the day!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, asking me if I have a police record, like dui's , and how many beers did I drink last time I drank and how we need to work on my phobia of talking on the phone next time and asking me a bunch of stuff about that. I don't see how any of that helps me, I get more info from one WFS chat than I have from her the whole time. She is the 3rd counselor I have tried and I have asked for help from 2 of my Drs in the past. None of them told me anything like the stuff I learn online, or in library books, so I guess doing it myself with my online friends is gonna be the way for me.....fitting more band kids this afternoon. Have a good day all.....b

Comment

Good Afternoon and ThursdayMorning!

Thanks everyone for your support. I am working with a Milwaukee-area client through the end of the week so I have a little over an hour's drive into work each day. I am feeling just a little bit better....not sure why I feel blah but I am enjoying working with this consulting client, who has been with me almost 20 years.

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-I agree with you on AL counselors....good ones are SO hard to find. I liked my $$$ AL therapist and she was very familiar with WFS. I forgot to mention that on my 2nd visit with her, I saw a guy I knew from a running club I had been actively involved in for many years, and all I could think of was, "Oh crap...I don't want him knowing I'm going to an AL counselor because we used to drink together after our races." I totally wanted to be anonymous because of the stigma associated with AL. I don't know if he recognized me but he didn't ask me. Like you, I learned me from being on here than from her.

Pauly-I was delighted to hear the main source of work hell had to do with the woman who just got fired. So happy for you!

Glassie-you must be tearing your hair out with last-minute wedding plans.

Nora-how is work going for you?

Liz-did you work today?

Must run now and I hope we are all having a wonderful AF Hump Day!!!
                Last edited by Rusty; October 3, 2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Hi there everyone! Just thought I would pop in and say hi to you - hope all is well with you all.

hugs xxx
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Well thanks for sharing your experiences with counsellors. I thought it was just me and mine! Asked a bunch of questions and then after I answered we'd just stare at each other. Spending a lot of money to sit in awkward silence. I thought I was paying for some help getting the answers. Ultimately it seemed like they blamed my mom, oh people don't even go there!!! I found most of my help here and WFS. The f2f meetings are so amazing. I know a lot of people don't like AA, and I don't agree with a lot of their way of thinking or doing things, but I found a wonderful women's group relatively close by. So between MYO and those other 2 resources I have gained so much. No more counsellors!
                    [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], glad your feeling better, even if it's just a bit. Maybe tomorrow will be even better! How was everyone else's Wednesday? I worked until1:30. Came home and my mom came by so hubby could take her car to his mechanic. Erin came to pick up the baby but before they all left we skyped with CJ. Mom was a bit quiet and down. She agrees she needs to keep busy and do she is helping me with this party I am organizing this Sunday. Keep telling myself this is going to be the new normal now. It's just different, sigh. . .
                    Last edited by Lizann; October 3, 2018, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Hi Sun it is good to see you. How have you been:happy2:.....Rusty, glad you are feeling somewhat better...Lizann, glad you got some skype in...the cats caught a mockingbird and killed it. I hate that as I loved to hear the mockingbird. I hope there are more in the yard. So that flower tree in my yard changes colors(the flowers). They get white during the day and are a dark pink later in the day....going to shower and watch Survivor. Still fitting kids, maybe I will be finished with them tomorrow....later...b

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinedaisies View Post
                        Hi there everyone! Just thought I would pop in and say hi to you - hope all is well with you all.

hugs xxx
                        So happy to see you. Please stick around and tell us how you are doing. I miss you.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

More tomorrow. But wanted to check in. :love:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Good morning. Hi [MENTION=11021]sunshinedaisies[/MENTION]! I'm with [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], how've you been? What're u up too?
                            My day did not start out well. Had to take my car in for a recall on the airbag. Getting ready the baby got a hold of my hair straightener and burned his finger tips. Oh did he cry. Got the car to the dealer and they don't have the part! They called us Tuesday, said they had the part and the appt was confirmed yesterday! Grrr. And it's only 9 am. Hubby was snippy this morning and now I'm feeling like the worlds worst grandma. I must confess those drinking thoughts are creeping in today. Thought I better come here and just vent. Hope you all have a good day.

Comment

Awwww.....Liz You are NOT the world's worst grandma!! You are a fantastic grandma! Poor Logan! But he will be fine, sweetie. He survived. Soooo sorry about your car! That is so frustrating. Just remember, you don't want to drink AT your frustrations or emotions, or the fact that hubs was cranky and snippy this morning. Push the drinking thoughts out...put Logan's fingers in some cold water and fix yourself a cup of something hot and soothing. Is that why your hair looks so pretty all the time....the straightener? I have one and I have never used it!! HAHAHAH!

Comment

[MENTION=11021]sunshinedaisies[/MENTION]!:happy2: Great to see you, sun!! I have missed you! What have you been up to?

Comment

Working...
                                X