One Step at a Time - December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Hi everyone. Still away having the most relaxing time you can imagine. Just really enjoying being spontaneous. Not used to being able to get up & go.
    Mom fell this morning. She is ok. I feel sorry for my niece - it's been a rough few days. I don't think anyone has realized how much she has declined and how much care it takes. Luckily we had hospice in place so Kris was able to just them. Mom is ok.
    Anyway - hope everyone is doing ok.

Bird - did you go today? I wanted to tell you that it was sure ok not to go. Especially since that was a trigger. Really nice what your daughter is doing. Nice that she doesn't mind giving a speech.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well,today was a very frustraritng day. I went to get kitty litter and it was bedlam I know it' by the
      high screetchy voiume of voice I went to pay .. it's almost 5 a.m
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I have been busy with trying to balance work duties, taking care of my mother, and decorating.
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-So sorry your mom fell but I am so relieved she is OK and hospice and your niece are taking good care of her. I am delighted that your vacation is so relaxing. You were way overdue for a respite.
        [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], so glad your friend is feeling better, and that going to the your previous hospital did not bother you. You are in a much better space being away from there. I can tell it in your posts. :-)
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-you do keep up with everyone and I really appreciate it. I know your daughter will do a great job on her speech. Good for you for recognizing that the long trip might be a trigger.
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly--sorry M drank. Does this happen often? What are you up to today?

Glassy-are you continuing to feel better? Thanks for popping in. We miss you!
        [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], the lovable Mr.G-great to see you, dear friend.

OK, I am off. Happy AF Tuesday, everyone!

Comment

Hi all,
          Well I didn't go to that meeting. I will just go to the funeral later in the week. Dd1 had a little meltdown last night and it is so hard to deal with sometimes, all her problems. She is a very picky eater and only eats a few things, never cooks, all microwave. Upset about her roommates cooking stuff she doesn't eat and says she didn't contribute to the groceries this week cuz she was broke and now eating popcorn. She bought a echo dot though on cyber monday $20, which I reminded her of. Hell, I can buy all kinds of groceries with 20 bucks if I am careful. Sometimes I wonder if she will ever be financially responsible. I will take her to the grocery, I know that isn't teaching her anything but ....got 2 easy paint kits I ordered in the mail yest. I want to paint and give to the kids for xmas if they turn out ok. Maybe I will do that today........Rusty, you do so much with your mom, that is nice. It is good to stay busy.....Nora, glad you are having such a relaxing time. Sorry your mom fell but glad ok....SK sorry getting the litter was a hassle......Lizann, nice to have a warm day now and then....waves to Pauly and Glassie....

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,glad you're relaxing and sorry about your mom's fall but like Rusty said thank goodness for hospice and your niece being there Bird,these kids have no concept of money! They buy what they want not what they need,I'm kind of the same way but I at least buy necessary stuff first! Glad they got the site fixed,waves to all and have a happy AF Tuesday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nora, glad your mom is ok. Falling at this stage of the game is not good, as your know. Glad niece and aide were there to deal with it. You do sound rested. It's nice not to have a schedule. Yiu so deserve this.
              Rusty, hope your mom is ok. Holidays sure do add another level of busy, don't they. I'm sure your decorations will be lovely. I forgot I bought new garland this year. It's shimmery and I'm not sure where to put it.
              Bird, Pauly is right, kids these days! I cannot comprehend how they budget. I guess we just need to keep guiding them along. How old are you girls? I was worried about my middle one and responsibility. She has done a complete 180. She is a hardworking budget conscious young lady now, she cooks dinner every night for her and her hubby and makes lunches for both of them too. Give your girls a little more time to mature, they may surprise you.
              I feel kind of like you Pauly with your grandkids. Logan has a cold again. His nose is running like a faucet and he was a bit drippy today. He wouldn't really eat. Just waiting for hubs and I to get it now.
              SKendall, so nice you popped in. Sorry about all the trouble with the litter. How are you otherwise?
              Skyped with Mark today. Him and the girlfriend had a wonderful time in Ireland. He will go to Germany this weekend to do some holiday and shopping and he is coming home the 15th!! I can not wait, Working tomorrow, but I hope to be able to do some baking on Thursday if the little guy isn't too out of sorts. Don't always make Christmas cookies but maybe it could be a new tradition with the grandkids. We shall see.
              It's already late here. So waves to you all and enjoy a quiet AF night.

Comment

Hello everyone. Back to reality but I don't go back to work until Friday. I'm going to enjoy the rest of my time too. Just wanted to check in and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is on. :yay:
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You're turning violet, Violet.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                    Nora, enjoy your time off. I love both willie wonkas and have seen them both so many times. And read the book. Leave it to Beaver is on. I love those old sit coms.......Lizann, that is very exciting about Mark coming home. I lived in Germany for a bit as a child, and that is the place to go xmas shopping. As for the age of my girls, 20 and 21. Well dd1 will be 22 next month. I do hope she does better as she ages. .....Pauly, I am with you on buying the necessities first. Then at least it doesn't matter what you buy afterwards.......so the funeral is gonna be Friday and the visitation Th. night. We might just do the funeral as it is close to finals and dd2 can't miss much school. Dd1 came over yest to get her echo dot. I had put up a dinner bell outside and we got out the old slingshot and tried to hit it with rocks to make it ring. Gave her a few bucks to grocery shop....dd2 came over later and brought me a drumset her bf said I could have. Its not a good one, but in good shape, all the pieces are there. I like to fix them up and give them away or sell them. Gave her a few bucks too. ...later all...

Comment

Morning friends,Nora glad you had a nice time and glad you have a couple of days to get caught up on the day to day life again,love Willy Wonka,the one with Johnny Depp is a bit strange but I still watch it sometimes Bird,cool about the drum set dies anybody ever wake up thinking they still drink? I've been having this for a bit and it makes me uncomfortable,it's not a hangover feeling but I think of drinking and feel weird,it's hard to explain,Liz,yep Romeo was a bear last night! I was so tired from being busy at work and he was just really hard to entertain Rusty,I'm sure you're busy as always,hope all is well,you too Glassy wishing us all a happy AF Wednesday!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]y, can't say I've ever felt that way. For me even when I was drinking it was like I wasn't and it wasn't a problem. Just the opposite of what you're saying. Now I feel like that other person was never really me. Don't know if any of that makes any sense.
                        BIrd, glad you've got that drum set now to work on. Yiu have so many talents and hobbies. That's a wonderful thing and I aspire to be more like you. You're girls are still young and I'm sure they will learn to budget as they mature.
                        Nora, enjoy your week off. Yiu so deserve it. How is your mom? Do you have any fun plans for the rest of the week?
                        Baked one batch of cookies after work today and hoping to do more tomorrow. Baby was still sick and now his daddy is sick too. Dropping like flies here. So far hubby and I are ok.
                        Waves to everyone

Comment

Hello again. I am definitely still in vacation mode. So lazy that I'm like a slug. I just looked at the clock and realized that I have wasted the entire day with just nothing. Some mindless tv, some mindless reading and that is about it!!! Oh, I did take a break from my mindlessness to make a quick dinner. And, now I'm about to get back to it.

Pauly - I have woken up and had weird thoughts of drinking. I don't know if it's leftover dreams or what. Very unsettling. We are getting rain. Are you getting any? Hope Romeo starts feeling better.

Bird - I agree with Liz. I am impressed by you. You have so many hobbies and are so creative and artistic. Sounds like fun with the slingshot and the dinner bell. C had a bb rifle that we would set up cans and shoot them. Fun.

Liz - be careful around the sickies. I hope you don't get it. How exciting that Mark is coming home. I'm sorry that CJ can't but you know she'll be happy & in love.

Rusty & Glassie - here are some hugs :hug: :hug:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                            So I guess we are going to the visitation after all. Leaving after lunch and spend the night. Her parents want all the band kids(she was in band) and friends to come over after the funeral. Maybe that will help ease their pain some, having a house full of young people. It seems to be helpful to sit and tell stories. .....so thank you for all the complements. I enjoy making things and fixing stuff up that was formerly someones junk. One of my brothers makes a living buying and selling junk. Must run in the fam.....Nora, isn't it nice just to sit around? I have days like that. I have a bb gun. I had forgotten about it but will try it on the bell.....Pauly, sometimes I wake up and think I am hungover but I am not. I have some drinking dreams sometimes..hope Romeo gets to feeling better.....Lizann, I will have to do some cookie baking with my kids. We used to do it every xmas, but not in a few years I think. Hope you dont get sick......went on a helluva hike yest and huffing and puffing most of the way. I keep thinking I will lose some weight but it never happens. Too much pizza is my guess....well, off to get to the grocery so I won't have to do it when we get back....I'm gonna take my laptop so will try to check in...b

Comment

Morning friends,Bird,safe travels,I'm sure it's probably a good thing for you guys to go cuz it sounds like the girls were close,Nora,yeah feels like a leftover dream I guess,Liz,you're doing an excellent job on staying sober! Do you think it's cuz you have in person help? Romeo has discovered pulling on my tree,after I bragged he didn't bother it grrr,waves to Rusty and Gladys and wishes for a fab AF Thursday!
                              Last edited by paulywogg; December 6, 2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Well I made it back to the motel without stopping for beer. I wasnt sure for awhile.....the visitation was hard...it took me a few just to get myself under control to go in. Then I had to sit there about an hour before I could go up to the casket and hug her parents. Other people were having the same problem so I didnt feel weird about it...

Comment

Working...
                                X