One Step at a Time - December 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - December 2018

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Had a bit of tummy trouble yesterday, hoping for a better day today.

Comment

Hope you feel better, Liz.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,Hope you feel better today Nora,how's things? Been so quiet here lately,not just here all around,hope all are well and everyone has a nice AF Tuesday!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Morning, Everyone!

Sorry to be MIA. My brunch was lovely. Everyone had a great time. Back to work this week.

Waves to everyone. I am at work with a client right now and will check back later.

Comment

Hi Pauly. Yep, it sure has been quiet. Are you all done shopping? I just started.
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ha Rusty - we posted at the same time :welldone::welldone:
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
                Nothing going on here either....Liz, hope your tummy is better...I can't believe its almost xmas either Nora...decided I might try walking in the morning as soon as I get up. I used to do that a long time ago and liked it. Went out this morn and went around the yard some. I can't go down the road or the cats will follow. Still havent sent my card. I get cards from 2 old ladies from my past every year. One is 83 and the other must be 95. One of them was a friend of my mothers when I was a little kid. The other I played in a community band with in my 20's. Always good to hear from them. I kinda like getting a real letter...anyway...waves to Rusty, Paulie and Glassie...

Comment

Waves to everyone. Bird - I also think it's nice to get letters or cards. I used to so look forward to getting a letter from my Dad every week. Oh, how I miss that. For some reason, he has been popping into my mind so often lately. I miss him. Rusty - so glad that your brunch went well.
                  [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] - please check in when you can. You have been in my thoughts. You mentioned that you had some very tough weeks. What is going on with you? Was your home involved in the fire? Sending you lots of good thoughts. :heartbeat:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hey everyone. Yes tummy is better today. I totally freaked last night as I had such stomach pains. I feel asleep with them and was up around 1 am and still did not feel any better. Thinking maybe it was my gall bladder? Who knows. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] so glad your brunch went well. How long are you off for Christmas? [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I like to get my walking in first thing too, but now with the baby it gets done when he is napping, which today was not long enough. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] how nice you'd get a letter a week from your dad. I'm sure you have saved them all, if I know you at all. Seems I send out less and less cards each year. I do enjoy getting them. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], do you get busier now at work with the holidays coming. I saw on tv today that clients should tip their hairdressers the cost of one haircut. Do people really do that? I tip extra but not that much. Now I feel bad!
                    Last edited by Lizann; December 11, 2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Morning friends,Liz,glad the stomach is better I get various tips from regulars for Christmas some as low as an extra $5 to as much as $100 from one guy each year,just depends on who they are I guess,plus I treat my regulars more like friends than just customers Bird,nice of you to give out cards to those people,I'm sure they appreciate it,Nora,I think our loved ones pop in our heads a lot this time of year,especially the ones who have passed,thanks for the text the other day,you must have had a feeling I was being a dumbass! Seem to go for long stretches but then that urge to drink gets overwhelming and I give in glad it's not a long,drawn out bender like times before but still feel like an ass and just wondering what I can do different,anyhoo,wishes for a fab AF Wednesday for us all,hi Rusty and Glassy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
                        This in my email today, thought it was really good...from Annie Grace

I was flipping through TV channels the other day and I happened to come across a gymnastics competition. I always have to stop and marvel at the things gymnasts are able to accomplish - how is that even possible?

As most of these competitions do - they had a fluff piece on an athlete. She had a move named after her and they were going through the process that it took to achieve this move. She trained for that particular skill for over two years before she was ready to use it in competition. That means that for two years, she went to the gym every day and failed.

That’s a lot of Day 1’s right there. (Puts things into perspective doesn’t it?)

The thing is - failure isn’t final. It’s how we learn. Imagine if as babies we stopped trying to walk because we fell down. Or decided silverware wasn’t necessary when we didn’t master that on the first try. It seems silly to put it that way, but we are so quick to beat ourselves up for our repeated day 1’s when it comes to putting down the drink.
                        Practice can be seen as controlled failure. That gymnast might have fallen every day for two years but with each fall she learned what wasn’t working and made the adjustments until one day - it just clicked.

Go ahead and fail often. Take notes. Make adjustments until one day you fail to see Day 1 ever again.

Nothing happening here. Still put off my cards. Been outside all day....Paulie, you're not a dumbass...glad you get some good holiday tips..Liz, hope that is not your gall bladder...Nora, I miss my dad too. I have a box of letters from different people I have saved, some from my dad. Had a thing going on a thread I was on once where we would send cards to each other. That was kinda fun but when the thread went so did the cards...b

Comment

Seriously just lost a long post! BIrd thanks for sharing that email. It's a great reminder. Holidays can be tough.
                          PAuly, I'm sorry about that little set back. NOra must have a sixth sense about things. Glad you're not dwelling on it and moving forward.
                          Went to give a coworker money toward a gift for the boss and I couldn't find my wallet. I was in such a panic and I took a minute to think about where I'd been and when I last had it. Turns out the baby was in my closet this morning and removed the wallet and dropped on the floor in my closet. Never saw it. I was so relieved! Never a dull moment with that little booger around.
                          Waves to Nora, Rusty, glassie and anyone else who pops in. Wishing everyone a great night.

Comment

Liz - thanks for sharing all of these little tips about Logan. :rotlf: That would have scared me so much to reach in and not have my wallet! But, it was so smart of you to think of Logan.

Bird - I absolutely loved that story you shared from Annie Grace. That is so true. Make adjustments and click.

Pauly - I know you're not where you want to be but I have to say you are making progress. You didn't go on a bender. You got right back to it. Good for you. I was going thru a feeling of just having alcohol everywhere I looked. Just in my face.

Well - I don't know if anyone is going to have a Christmas present except Savannah. Sigh....I'm going to have to do something quick. I did get the cutest riding pony. It rocks and then when she's older, it rolls. Way too old for her for months but it will be ready & waiting. Ha, ha.
                            I was at work for most of the day before I realized it was Wednesday. LOL

I hope that everyone stopping by has a happy day.
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Just got off the phone with C. Savannah had her shots today. And the Doctor is ordering more x-rays of her skull. :sad: Doesn't think her head is growing enough. Also something about the last time the x-ray tech said something about the plates closing. Which if certain plates have closed early, that is a problem. Could require surgery. J is a wreck and C said he is not going to get upset until they find out more. I agreed with him and said it doesn't do any good. (Of course, that doesn't mean that Grandma can't worry) :blue:
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,I hope it's nothing serious,would be terrible for such a young baby to hafta have surgery don't worry about the horse she'll be ready to use it before you know it,they grow so fast! Liz,glad you found your wallet,Romeo makes a beeline for my purse all the time too,I'm actually dreading him walking on his own cuz I know we'll never get a moment's peace! He's a mover and shaker as it is,,,very active,poor Lou has an ear infection I dropped him off to school yesterday but then he started crying in class so Kell had to go pick him up I hope she just keeps him home again today even though she doesn't want him missing too much school,I think he needs to rest and let those antibiotics work,anyhoo,waves to Bird,Rusty and Glassy hoping we all have a nice AF Thursday

Comment

Working...
                                X