Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

Hi all,
    Cold today and the cats stayed in and woke me up so early. Up late trying to find dd2 hotel room for her stuff going on the next 2 weekends in Atlanta. Damn hard, everything is booked up or outrageous price cuz of the superbowl. Saw prices like 11,000 a night. Crazy..Even the cheapies are double in price..think I'll put on my warm stuff and go out somewhere. Dd2 and her bf coming over tonight to play games.....Nora, maybe Peaches is getting mellowed out huh? Cats are so strange, wild animals really. ...Pauly, that is too bad if that is the reason they had the party so late. I had to get my cat Pouncer a set of steps to get on the bed when she got old, she could not jump anymore......Liz, did the weather get as bad as it looks on tv?....I was listening to The Lovely Bones audiobook past few days. Really good I thought......later

Comment

Pauly I saw the moon this morn since I was up so early...took some pics I need to see how they turned out

Comment

Hello Friends!

Oh my laptop died and I was able to get a new one from my IT guy yesterday...and now flying to CT with this nasty cold.
        [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-hope you are feeling better, honey. Love hearing about your animals.
        [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-ooohhhhh could you please post pictures of the moon??? I was sound asleep by 8:30 as my cold knocked me on my butt. What is your idea of cold? It's 5 below zero here in Wisconsin. Hahah

[MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-to answer your questions, um, no, I don't get sick days because I am an independent contractor. I am not a full-time employee for a company. I own my own business. If I get sick and can't make my scheduled appointments with my clients, I don't get paid. In 20 years of working in my field, only about 4 or 5 three times have I not been able to meet my clients' scheduled dates of meetings/inspections. The client and I then come up with alternative dates but it is a huge inconvenience for them and for me. I wouldn't have it any other way, though. I am best suited as a person who is a team player on a team of ONE..... my own!! HAHAHHAHAH!!
        [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Pauly-awww....I loved the pics of Rome and Lou from the b-day party...but I am with you 100%...early parties, please, not late! Kids get too cranky and so do the great-aunts like me!! Love your hair, btw...so pretty!!!

Hi to our other lovely friends: [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], and anyone I missed...Happy AF Monday!!
        Last edited by Rusty; January 21, 2019, 11:39 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], you just keep going! Hope the cold doesn't drag you down too much. It's bitterly cold here on the east coast! hubby went to our neighbors last night to view the moon. They took some pictures. It was best around 11:30-12 am. I stayed home and peaked at it through my skylight and went back to bed. [MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], exactly how many pets do you currently have? I'm having trouble keeping up with them. Funny how they each have their own personalities. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], what was your impression of the moon? Hubby's picture looks so much better than what I saw. My neighbor has a telescope too. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] the picture of Romeo from a year ago was so cute! Time sure flies. I like to unwind on Sunday's too. I kind of figured that's why the party was later in the day.
          Worked today and it was a totally wonderful day! Dress down and relatively quiet (no patients). Got to organize and clean up/catch up on a ton of stuff. Have I mentioned I love this job? I got to leave early too. Came home and got CJ's package together to send out tomorrow. Her birthday is ValentinesDay so I know it's a little early, but there's other things in there too. Spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday. FaceTimed with CJ and Joe,, then skyped with Mark and then Erin called. The entire afternoon was talking to my kids:heartbeat: it was really great!
          TEchie and Glassy hope all is ok with you guys! Waves to everyone else
          Last edited by Lizann; January 21, 2019, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Liz - you sound happy. I'm so glad. Sounds like it was a wonderful day yesterday catching up with all your kids. That is great.

Savannah and parents came over this evening. LOL It was fun. She is trying so hard to crawl. She is getting around all over at her house but they don't have carpet. I think she can scoot easier there. She is up on her arms really strong now. She just has to figure out the whole knee thing. She did get one knee up tonight so she will figure it out.

Rusty - I hope you are feeling better soon! I wondered how you would handle it with your clients. That is really a good track record only 4 or 5 times. But, I know what you mean about trying to reschedule your clients.

Bird - I sure hope that you can find something for your daughter. Those prices are unbelievable. What kind of games do you all play? My hubby doesn't like to play games but we have one game that he likes.

Pauly - I'm totally with you on wanting to unwind on Sunday. I don't know if I told you this.....when we were having the baby shower and it was such a big deal and expensive, I told the kids that we would not be doing this for the 1 year birthday. They both agreed at that time......we shall see in 6 months though. Ha, ha

My pets with approximate ages because I don't want to get up & find my list:
            Peach (oldest male cat. about 10 )
            Shadow (male cat. about 8 )
            Molly (oldest dog (one eye) maltipoo mix about 11)
            Abbie (youngest dog - chihuahua mix about 7)

There have been some tensions today among the critters. We had the dogs outside because the baby was here. Peach had been sitting in a chair in the dining room but when he got up, we put him outside. The dogs chased him and trapped him on their doghouse. :rant: We got that taken care of. I have them all in here in the living room right now. Keep your fingers crossed.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all,
              Good day yest and went out to a park for a walk. Dd1 came over with her bf and his parents. I am not very good at small talk so it was kinda uncomfortable. The dad fell asleep haha. They had been out to lunch and he had a couple beers. That couple would have just got me started and then it would be off to the races to see how fast I could get them down. Anyway, dd2 decided not to come for games as she had too much homework. Did manage to get her hotels for the next 2 weekends. I will have to go up there and check her into one of them as you have to be 21. Will probably just stay the night and go on up to the mountains for a bit since I am up there anyway.....Rusty, have fun in CT. -5 is cold alright. Is in the 20s here, I love it when cold, I miss the snow terribly sometimes.....Nora, glad you got to see Savannah, bet it is so cute to watch her try crawling! I am only one behind you with pets, 3 cats here.As for the games we have a lot of them. Scrabble, Clue, Scattergories etc.........Liz, glad you had a good day, you are sounding wonderful!. I sure like Skype, so much better than the phone to me...I am going out, tomorrow it will be warm again with rain moving in.....waves to Pauly and everyone else....b...oh my moon pics look lousy

Comment

Morning!! Sorry your moon pics didn't turn out. It was overcast here so no eclipse was seen here either.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,how cute that Savannah is trying to crawl! Romeo can't crawl cut of his chubbiness but he does an army crawl and furniture walking Bird,I'm so glad you were able to find your daughter a room,sorry your pics didnt turn out good Rusty,hope you feel better,Liz,that was a happy post glad you got to face time with the kids,I hate how I look when I do those haha,I hope we all have a nice AF Tuesday,,back later
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

HI all! [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], you picked a heck of a week to travel to CT. I hear the ice up there was pretty bad. It did warm up a bit here today. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I like the cold too, but the wind made it unbearable! As for the snow, I can do without! So you've definitely got your f2f talking in this week! I agree, it's hard. You did great and no beer on top of it all! So are going away this weekend?
                    Nora thanks for the update on the pets. I thought it was just a dog and a cat. I guess for the most part they get along? How cute Savannah must be trying to get around. She'll have it down by the next time you see her!
                    Pauly, I guess Romeo isn't going to crawl but go right to walking. Such a cutie.
                    One of the girls I worked with at the hospital called and asked me to join a few of them for dinner Friday night. I haven't seen them in a few months and I think it'll be fun. Thursday night I'm going out with a couple of girlfriends, our kids went to preschool together. I feel like everyone has cabin fever or something this time of year. I'm just really in a good place at the moment. I hate to even mention it, because I'm afraid it won't last, but for today I'm good.
                    Wishing you all a great AF Tuesday.

Comment

Liz - have fun on your outings. That's great that you are feeling better and are getting out.

Pauly - I think that Savannah was trying to do the army crawl. They have hardwood floors so she can get around at home. Ha ha

Bird - you are so brave to have the boyfriends parents over. I would have been a nervous wreck. Glad that it went ok. I'm still so curious about dd2. Any clues?

Rusty - how are you feeling? I hope that you are much better by now. By the way, speaking of temperatures. I think it's very cold when it's in the 50's. I don't know if I could last in those cold temperatures.

Well - I had my cleaning, my permanent crown put on, another crown started & have the temporary, and scheduled the next crown for the same date I go get the other permanent crown put on. My mouth up to my nose is numb. Why oh why didn't I floss regularly? :sad:
                      And I was met at the car by Scott telling me that mom was starting one of her episodes. Luckily we were able to nip that one in the bud before she got to fixated on the counting.
                      Off to try to eat some soup without dribbling.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi to all...feeling better. Treacherous and scary flight to CT yesterday due to the wind.
                        I will write more tomorrow after work. It was a great AF day!

Hugs to Nora, Liz, bird, Pauly, Glassy et al. Hope you are all having a peaceful evening!

Comment

Hi all,
                          I had the most horrible cravings yest. Went to town to see dd2 a minute and do some walking. Got the cravings on the way back, it was that time of day. Am surprised I made it home without stopping for beer but I did it. Today was almost as bad. Phew! I really wanted to go out to the outdoor market today which is from 330-630 but I was afraid to. I get so tired of feeling that I can't go out at certain time of day. I do not always feel like that but enough for it to be annoying as hell...Nora, I have so many crowns. Good you got them though. Glad you were able to get your mom settled down before the episode.....Pauly, dd2 was a big baby. She used to roll across the floor....Liz, you sound so good. I am happy for you. The outings sound fun. ....Rusty, I hate flying. The first time I went to Alaska it was stormy and thought I would die. Glad you are feeling better....gonna watch tv a bit

Comment

Good for you getting thru the craving Bird I too am tired of being scared of certain days,people, places and things that are triggers,sometimes just seeing an empty on the side of the road can be a trigger if I let it,feeling sick here had to leave work early cuz I was just too dizzy! Ugh
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Oh dear, feel better Pauly! I often see "the empties" too. I wouldn't describe seeing those bottles as a craving, but maybe a reminder of just how bad things really got. Makes me feel regret and self loathing and maybe even nauseous! I do not ever want to be there again.
                              Nora, hope your mom is doing better. I don't know how you were able to nip it in the bud, but good for you.
                              It's hard Bird, for sure. But you did it! It'll get easier, at least that's what they tell me. You do such a good job of entertaining yourself. You seem to have so many hobbies, I am envious of you.
                              Rusty, I have been on some pretty rough flights too. I don't particularly like flying, but I've gotten so much better at it. One flight coming home from Florida had such bad turbulence, a lot of people got sick. The kids were still little and two of them were throwing up too, ugh! What a nightmare. We drove down to Florida for a long time after that!
                              Today was supposed to be a short day at worked, but I ended up helping my manager with monthly bills and just came home a few minutes ago. Phew, that's done!
                              Hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

Comment

Hi everyone. Luckily I've never had to deal with that much turbulence. Bad but not awful. Sorry that you had to deal with it Rusty. You all have awful stories. No thank you.

Just face timed with my granddaughter. She rolled over and scooted around and crawled backwards.

Pauly - I hope you feel better. Dizzy is no good.

Bird - a great big congratulations for making it thru the cravings. I know it's not easy and it's a great accomplishment to make it thru the craving AF.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X