One Step at a Time - January 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - January 2019

Happy New Year! Thanks for starting us off Nora. I did look into it and probably could've figured it out, but your pictures are the best! As you know I am technically challenged,
    YEs Mark is home. He just texted us Happy New Year, so I don't know how his trip went. The house is quiet. Decorations are all down and put away. Mark helped before he left. I cleaned his bathroom today and did is laundry, sigh.
    Went to Erin's today and made "Rouladen". It's her favorite and quite involved to make. I helped as much as I could with the little guy around. We will have it for dinner tomorrow night.
    We had fun last night and like I mentioned on Decembers thread a lot of people weren't drinking.
    Nora, can you try the plunger or draino on the tub. Been there, done that! You do sound like you're in a better mood.
    Bird and Nora I get that phone thing too. Unless I really know you I'm not a phone person either. Texting makes life so much easier, if it's not considered a cop out! [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] I don't know if you read my comment the other day, but would you let us know how we can be more supportive?
    I started a really good book just a few days ago. It's been a while since I've had trouble putting a book down, but I'm loving this one, It's by Stuart Woods, who I happen to enjoy anyway.
    Rusty, you probably read my comments on December thread, but I'm happy you had such a wonderful holiday week!
    Everyone back to work tomorrow? Have a great AF night!

Comment

I agree with Liz, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]. What can we do to be more supportive?

Liz - I had to look up 'rouladen' again. It does look involved! I'm glad that Mark is home now.
      It is interesting how many people there are that don't drink. Also, the fact that the majority of the time nobody cares what you are drinking.

Bird - nice that your daughter came over. National Hangover Day huh? Glad that I didn't partake in that.

I need to check out Stuart Woods
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hubby tried a plunger, tried draino and tried sticking a snake down. The pipes are probably 60+ years old so we are going to let the landlord handle it before we break something.
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Whats the name of the book? I need something. Went to library, got books I already read, I forgot I had. Used to eat rouladen in germany...glad Mark got home ok...I need to read back dec....Nora sorry the plunger didnt work...boy am I sleepy. Trying to stay awake until 10

Comment

Bird - that's how sleepy I was at lunchtime. It almost felt like my brain hurt I was so sleepy.
            I hope you get some good sleep. How was the WFS chat last night?
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Bird - I also wanted to ask you how the online therapist works. Do you do a video chat or just a typing chat or do you talk on the phone? Just curious how it works.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Since this is National Hangover Day, there might be some people cruising by that know they need to quit but not sure - so here is a positive message for you
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another positive message

AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]-:heartbeat:Thank you for starting us off on a positive message. You are the BEST thread leader and friend to all of us here. I hope 2019 brings you all the wishes you desire. :hug: Were you able to unplug the drain? How is your Mom doing? Do you have any pics of Savannah? I have never been to the Rose Bowl Parade but I watch it every year. WOW...you were a young bride. I can't believe you were ever shy. ;-0

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION]-please explain how the video/Skype appointments work...I don't know if we have those options here but I would love to know about them. Thanks! :-)

Well, I have to admit....I love talking on the phone! LOL. I always have! Haaha! And now to change the subject of this conversation (tee hee)
                    too
                    [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION]-I hope you are doing well, honey, we miss you here.

I have serious business work to do today and then I have to see the oral surgeon about my tooth implant.

Hi to our other friends here: [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION], [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION].

Happy AF Wednesday!!!

Comment

Hi all,
                      Rusty I thought you already got your implant. I never minded talking on the phone while drinking, but sober is a whole different story for me. Especially if it is I making the call. As fort the counseling I go to betterhelp is the name of the site. You pay by the month and you can video or phone or type. They will match you with a counselor or you can browse them. And when you are done with it you don't have to call anybody to end your subscription, so that is good for me.....Nora, nye chat was fun. ...this from chat last night...Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we will ever do-Brene Brown.....I love that....cats stayed in last night. When I went to put them out they all went under the table so I did not want to bend over and get them, they know that somehow hehe. Decided I better start doing yoga again if I am that stiff hahahahaha....thinking I might start digging a garden while it has been raining a lot and the ground isn't hard as a rock.....be back later

Comment

Bird - love that quote......owning ourselves.........

Hello eve. Back to work. My days feel screwed up but I'm glad it's not Monday. :welldone:
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I loved your positive quotations, Nora, and agree with all of them. The one that struck me especially was about thanking yourself in 3 months. That time is going to pass one way or the other, and likely 3 months will arrive sooner than you expect. It is so great not to have X amount of time pass only to realize you're stuck in the same place. Once you know change is needed, you might as well take the plunge and do it.

Originally posted by NoraC View Post
                          I just want to give a big shout out to everyone. This is a thread for EVERYONE. Feel free to stop by with one comment or feel free to stick around. We are all on this journey together and we can do this one step at a time.
                          ​Did you like how I managed to get 'one step at a time' in that? LOL
                          Thanks for the open invitation :hug:. There's a great group that posts here regularly and who I would miss if you drifted away. It is important to have a sober peer group and many of us don't have them in our day to day lives. All the best for a fabulous 2019! xx, NS

Comment

Honey, I'm home!! Ha ha

Bathtub saga - landlord wants to come look at it before he calls a plumber. It is almost dark and he's not here yet. I took a shower this morning anyway. It only got up to around my ankles before I finished. :rotlf: Better than up to my knees.

I am in a much better place mentally right now. I don't know it it's because the pressure of Christmas is over or what or if it's just because my pain level is better. But, whatever it is, I'll take it.

There is supposed to be a surprise party for my uncle's 90t birthday in 3 weeks. My cousin wrote that he hasn't been feeling well. His INR is really high. He is feeling very weak. I so hope that he feels better for his party. Some of his grandkids are driving down / flying in and driving down for this. We have decided that we will take Mom to the party - it will be the last time that she & my uncle will see each other most likely. They were married to the brother & sister - so they aren't really related at all but they lived next door to each other for over 50 years.

Anyway, that is my news. Exciting isn't it? Ha, ha
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] - thank you. I especially liked the 3 month quote also. So very true and can be used in all aspects of life.

Bird - as I tried to type earlier. I loved that quote
                              Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing we will ever do-Brene Brown
                              I did laugh at you and the cats. Our cat will run all the way to the bedroom and hide under the bed or in the little kitty cubby in the living room if he can't get to the bedrooms.

I hear barking......could it be my landlord??
                              No such luck.

Rusty - you made me laugh with the love talking on the phone. I think you would have to in your line of work. LOL How did your dental appointment go? Any good news?

Liz - did you work today too? Are you still hooked on your book? How did Erin's meal turn out? I hope you all enjoyed it.

Big waves to Pauly, Glassie, Techie and everyone else that I'm forgetting to mention.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wow Nora, everybody's going to start coming here with those powerful posts! [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], I have never a WFS chat, but the f2f meetings are so positive and uplifting. I love the statements. I have met some really great ladies and like here there are just a few "core" people and others that come and go. NEver seems to amaze me how many people have a problem!
                                I did work today and I am beginning to think that the new girl at work who's hubby has an al problem also has a problem with drinking. Nothing solid mind you, just a strong gut feeling, things she says about her home life. I don't know.
                                Nora, I hope your uncle is ok for his party. Did the landlord ever stop by? I hope it's not a big deal to fix, what a pain!
                                Rusty, I too was wondering how that phone therapist works, you beat me to it. Have you taken down all your Christmas decorations yet?
                                Santa Fe Dead is the name of the book. I tend to go for fiction/mysteries. One of the nurses at work got me started on a new author And I've read two of those already. When I was drinking I couldn't read, I am so enjoying it now.
                                Oh btw it's official, my nephew proposed to his girlfriend tonight and she said yes! He showed us the ring and she's one lucky girl! I I think they are thinking an October wedding, we shall see. MY niece on hubby's side of the family is getting married in October too. Fingers crossed its not going to be the same day/weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X