One Step at a Time - May 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

[MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], lol cleaning house! It goes either way and I've heard it both ways. Now you've given me something to think about! I find myself "cleaning house" a little at a time, rather than all at once, I'm not happy about it, but it gets done. It's just too big and I don't often have that big a chunk of time to do it. I think I'm trying to rationalize. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I would take great comfort in the fact that this is a common routine surgery! But it's your grand daughter and I get the anxiety. I'm sure it will go well, but it will be hard to see her so bruised. I do see a lot of little ones wearing helmets, I guess they've had the surgery too. Who knew? I'm glad you will be sticking close here. You'll get through this.
    PAuly, Rusty hope you guys are doing ok! Pauly that pic of Romeo on fb was just so cute. I just want to squeeze those little checks. I'm sure he gets that a lot though.
    Not much new here. Went to a flea market after work. A lot of vendors weren't there as the weather wasn't great. Not that I need anything, it's just fun to walk around and look.
    Hope everyone had a great Saturday!

Comment

Morning friends,ugh cleaning house,it would be a full time job for me to keep this house as clean as I wish it was,4 bedrooms and just too much dust all the time,I wish I could hire someone but I'd be too embarrassed and I don't want anyone touching my stuff haha,Nora,it will be hard to see Savannah all bruised up but I'm sure she'll heal up fast, probably nothing we can say to make you feel any calmer,I'd be a wreck exhausted this morning cuz Winslow was so restless last night and woke us up last night! Dunno what he was looking for but he was scratching my closet door, annoying, anyhoo big waves to Liz,Bird,Rusty and Glassy wishes for a happy AF Sunday back later
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all,
        Nothing going on here. Dd1 finished all her finals yay. What a relief!. Rained like hell last night, my sunflowers were almost laying down this morning. Have been trying to play guitar all day almost (really bad). Cleaned out the car for the trip, will get an oil change tomorrow I guess, been putting it off...my house is too big to clean too, it is twice as big as the place I had before or bigger. I wanted something big, now I want something small haha..Liz, I like to go to flea markets sometimes. Never buy anything though..Paulie, hope winslow sleeps better tonight. Meow meow has been awful today, wants to be petted all the time and meows a lot....waves to Nora, Glassie and Rusty....b

Comment

Nothing really going on here. Tried to give Mom a haircut but she got very shaky so she got half a hair cut. :rotlf:

Bird - so glad that dd1 finished her finals. Did she take that one job that was offered? When does dd2 leave for Greece?

Pauly - I'd like to hire someone to clean but I'd be too embarrassed too. Ha, ha I sure was thinking of you earlier when I was trying to cut Mom's hair. I thought HELP!! No, what I was really thinking was that I bet my friend Pauly would come over to cut Mom's hair if we lived near each other. But, then I thought - there is no way that Pauly could do that. You would be doing favors for friends constantly. You would never get a break!

Liz - flea market sounds fun. Which dress did your sister decide on? That's such a hard decision.

Rusty - what have you been up to?

Glassie - are you feeling any better yet? I wish they could find something to help you.

NoSugar - thank you for loving, wise words.

Waves to everyone.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everyone. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I'm sure you'll be able to finish your moms hair soon. I can't even imagine how half a hair cut looks, lol. I can't imagine why you or [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] would be embarrassed to have someone come in and clean your house. I would love it! I'm really just overwhelmed with it right now. So much going on the next few weeks, baby steps [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], glad dd1s finals are done. Relief I'm sure. It will be good to get away next week.
            Had a good day. Just got back from Dans hockey game. Logan was so cute watching his daddy. After the game he came out by us and Logan was a little unsure of his uniform and huge pads. So sweet though.
            Well that was a quick weekend, hope you all enjoyed it. [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] I will be thinking of you especially this week and sending you positive thoughts.

Comment

Good Evening, Friends!

I had a blast yesterday but today was a different story. I was in the ER with my mom for a number of hours. She got sick at church and was vomiting and it turned out she had a blockage but she is fine now. Sorry I’m not addressing everyone. I’ll try to do it tomorrow evening. Hoping you all had a great AF Sunday.

Comment

Good Morning/Evening, Everyone!

I am working locally today so that's nice, but I have many things to do before I leave as they did not get done yesterday, for obvious reasons.
                [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]:hug:Savannah's surgery sounds very complicated but we are all here for you. So glad you are sober and are setting a fine sobriety example for people on my thread.
                [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]-I laughed at your sober fall, too! Isn't falling down sober more fun than when you're drunk? Hahah! Good for you, sweetheart. So glad your sisters are proud of you. Like you, I like to shop and dress up. :-)

My apologies for not addressing everyone personally today but I just wanted to send a message of light to people who are lurking on this thread who are struggling to be sober or can't decide if it's even worth it to try being sober. My message is this: 8 1/2 years ago, my family staged an ambush intervention and they wanted me to go to rehab. I refused. My sister gently said to me, "Rusty, I really need help with mom. I can't do this alone and 1 can't rely on you if you're drinking." She was right. Yesterday, I took care of my mother, violently vomiting in the church ladies' room...calling the ambulance, staying with her at the hospital, notifying and updating my siblings on mom's conditions. I did this all sober and it felt SO good to do it with a clear head....listening to the doctor's diagnosis, comforting my mom, who was in agony, calmly explaining her situation to my sister and brothers. All of them said yesterday that they were so grateful I was there for mom when she needed me.

Now the message....It felt so good to know I was reliable...that my sister and brothers could count on me. We all here have people who want us and NEED us....parents, children, grandchildren. Sobriety makes us reliable and gives us the confidence to endure tough situations and come out of them with our family members feeling proud and relieved that we were not drinking. If you think sobriety isn't worth it, believe me, it is. When you are sober, YOU become one of the reliable, clear-headed members of the family. Your family and friends will look at you with pride instead of disgust. You will look at yourself with pride instead of shame.
                [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], [MENTION=8902]Glass Half Empty[/MENTION], [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].....I am so grateful for all of you. If we lived near each other, we would be such good friends.

Thank you for letting me share today. Happy AF Monday to all whom I've missed.
                Last edited by Rusty; May 6, 2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hi all,
                  An old friend passed away yest. I had been thinking about him for a couple days. We used to play in a band together, and we worked together in the weld shop for many years. He was 78.....dd1 had a bad night, she feels lousy, says she is hungry but nothing sounds good to eat. Doesn't know what to do or what to eat, just miserable. I don't know how to help her or what to say. She hasn't heard back from the job, but says she did email the guy back. Hope she didn't wait too long....in answer to your question Nora, dd2 leaves the 14th. Will be taking her to ATL on the 13th though, since she has to be at the airport at 3 a.m. ......Liz, I saw the hockey pics. Hope you don't get too overwhelmed, that is kinda where I am too.......Nora, hope you get your moms hair straight hehe. I used to cut dd1s hair when she was asleep, she never would sit still......Rusty, sorry your mom got so sick, but glad you were fully present and able to help. What a wonderful feeling. Glad you got sober without the inpatient, I know I couldn't deal with that, I'd be a lunatic by the time they let me out haha. Good post.....Paulie, hope you have a good day..oh I forgot to say, the WFS conference next year is gonna be in Minnesota. I think I am gonna go, it would be fun if we could all go. I wanted to go this year, but I would have to leave the same day dd2 gets back from Greece and I don't think I wanna do that.

Comment

Morning friends,Rusty great post glad your mom is better jeez that's very scary! Bird,how come daughter doesn't wanna eat? Is she stressed? Nora,poor mom and her half haircut,you'll be able to fix it today hopefully,Liz,that's cute Logan was baffled by the hockey gear stressful weekend here cuz hubs was a grump,big bill from the IRS cuz his withholding was wrong on his forms,ugh great,try not to stress and figure it's just another bill to pay anyways,much love and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Monday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I spoke too soon. My sister just called me. They are taking my mom to the hospital right now. She is not doing well at all. She can barely speak. Send healing thoughts and prayers my way, please. Thank you.
                      Last edited by Rusty; May 6, 2019, 08:18 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], I'm so glad you were there for your mom and that she is ok :hug:
                        Your sister was so smart to speak to you directly about her concerns. I bet that took a lot of courage.

You are right - it is fabulous to be the adult in the room again, the one all those you care about know they can trust.
                        I hated being so unavailable and adding to problems.

xx. NS

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                          I spoke too soon. My sister just called me. They are taking my mom to the hospital right now. She is not doing well at all. She can barely speak. Send healing thoughts and prayers my way, please. Thank you.
                          Darn, cross -post. Please keep us updated. xx

Comment

Hi, all--

Nosing my way in because I saw Rusty's posts.

Rusty - That was beautiful and so true - made me cry on this Monday morning. Even now, with the uncertainty, thank goodness you're not half in the bottle from last night, hungover, etc., and you have your wits about you. I hope all is ok with your mom. xo

Pav

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              I'm sorry Rusty! We must have been posting at the same time,prayers for your mom!

Comment

Rusty - sending love and prayers
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X