One Step at a Time - May 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: One Step at a Time - May 2019

My brain is all over the place so thanks for understanding why I'm not addressing everyone. My DIL texted me that they have to be at the hospital at 10:20 am on Friday. I imagine her surgery will be a couple hours after that? Isn't there paperwork, etc to check in before actually getting to the surgery area? I don't know.
    Anyway, we are looking forward to this being over and going back to planning her birthday party.

Glassie - I have never had to have one but oh I would not have an easy time. I'm extremely claustrophobic too. I hope that you are ok and they get some answers.

Pauly & Liz - as you know I have talked way too much. But, if someone goes to the trouble to stalk me and see what I wrote then that is their issue, not mine.

I think I had the most finicky eater with my son. That kid survived on homemade potato soup and hot dogs. Such a struggle to get him to eat.

Rusty - any update on your Mom? I am sure this is so hard being away right now. Try to remember to take care of yourself during this time too.

Bird - someone I work with just left on a backpacking trip on Catalina Island. It's 53 miles all around the island. 4 days and 3 nights. It made me think of you with all of your hiking.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Morning friends,Nora,weird it's so late,seems like they usually start surgery in the early morning? Maybe it's not gonna be as long as I thought, hopefully anyways,I hope she's just in and out they found a buyer for Kellz house makes me sad cuz in the two years she's been there alot of good memories have been made and I hate to see the boys hafta move,she may be coming over here to stay and save up some money for a bit,of course I'm ok with it but it's gonna be a little chaotic with the boys here all the time,I worry about the stairs and stuff,big waves to all back later,wishes for a happy and healthy AF Thursday!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Let us know how things go? Did they let you know how long the surgery would be? [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], will Kelly be moving in with you guys soon? It'll be fun, but yes chaotic! We have gates everywhere for Logan. I feel like we just took them down for our kids, now they're back up for the grandkids. Are they looking to buy something or just rent? Erin and Dan are going to need something a little bigger soon too. Oh the stress of looking and moving, I do not look forward to it.
        not much going on here. Erin and hubby went to pick up her car. I dropped Logan off at their house and waited for Erin to come home. She an open bottle of wine on the counter. Easily could've taken some and probably gotten away with it. I didn't, but wow, didn't my brain just go right there.
        Waves, Bird, Rusty, glassie and everyone else. Hope it was a great AF Thursday.
        Last edited by Lizann; May 9, 2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Hi all,
          Home and super tired. Had fun though, the kids were beat haha. Dd1 got accepted to a grad school in Illinois. Has an interview with on in S.C. tomorrow which would be a lot closer. ..my kids know I am on the forums too. Idk if they have read my posts, I doubt it, we all have had to use the same computer when they were home, never had any probs with them reading my other stuff and I didnt read theirs. They would probably be pretty bent out of shape if they were reading them hahaha. I sure as hell don't want to read their stuff, who knows what they talk about!..Nora, good luck tomorrow, will be keeping you all in my thoughts....Liz, good you can stay busy at work, my job was so slow and boring most of the time....Paulie, that is too bad about the customers at work...waves to Rusty and Glassie..

Comment

Morning friends,Nora I'm thinking of you and your family today:hug: Bird,nope I won't read my kids' stuff cuz I made that mistake once when I was cleaning out a dresser of Michelle's she had given me to use and started reading a notebook she had in there,let's just say it was very sexual and I learned too mucho:egad:Liz, hopefully they can find something pretty quickly I know Kell likes to have her own space and tbh I like mine too,I love those boys but Rome's tends to stick to me like glue and I'm afraid I'll never get to go to the bathroom alone as long as they stay here! Does Logan do that to you too? If hubs is home to watch him I can still see tiny hands under the door Rusty, you've been quiet hope all is well with you and your family,Glassy,hope all is good with you too,pop in and let us know what's up,Bird meant to say congratulations to your daughter,that's fantastic news! I'm tired this morning,both hubs and I got rained on last night! The guy who came over to "fix" the roof the other day and now it's leaking worse! I woke up with my short all wet and at first thought I had been stabbed cuz of all the crime shows I watch haha,then I fully woke up and realized what was going on, stripped the bed,put a sheet down and just had to wing it, terrible night,anyhoo waves to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF Friday!:victorious:

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Heading out soon. Surgery will probably be at around 1:00.
              I'll keep you posted.
              Thanks for the love and prayers
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Love you Nora

Comment

I hope everything goes smoothly today, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], and this is the first day of a happy and healthier life for your little darling. Holding you and yours close :hug: NS

Comment

[MENTION=5628]Nora[/MENTION], I have been thinking about you guys all day! Hope you're getting through this ok, not to mention little Savannah. [MENTION=2634]bird[/MENTION], congrats to your daughter being accepted to grad school. I'm guessing you guys would prefer the SC one? I'm glad you had a nice time away. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], how awful with the roof. I can't even imagine waking up wet like that. I know what you mean about the little ones hanging on you. Our bathroom door is about the only door he can not yet open. I do like my own space, I get it. [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION], guess you had a busy week. I hope your mom is doing ok.
                    Didn't sleep well last night and now I've got a headache. Working tomorrow again, I've got to take these hours while I can get them.

Comment

Hi all,
                      Nora, hope everything went well, been thinking about it alot...really tired and went down south yest and back, then boy next door comes as soon as I pulled up and dd1 call same time. Kinda messed up my little relax time I have after a trip So dd1 graduation party today, I said I would cook but don't want to, it might be pizza instead, they like it just as well..Gotta clean the pool and go to the grocery.......Paulie, I'm glad you weren't stabbed hehe..that might be fun for awhile if Kell moves in.....Liz, good on the passing up the wine....hugs to all, later

Comment

Morning all,Nora,hope everything is ok? Bird,yup I'm glad I wasn't stabbed too haha, everytime I told my kids the story yesterday they thought I was weird,have fun with the kids tonight Liz,funny how dumb thoughts pop into our heads like that, sometimes if I was at Kellz and seen a beer in the fridge I'd imagine chugging it real quick but in real life I didn't want to,just that thought cane in real quick, really weird,Rusty and Glassy hope all is well with you and your family,gonna pop in throughout the day to see if we hear from Nora,much love and wishes for a Fab AF Saturday!

Comment

Savannah is doing ok. 5 hour surgery. I'm at the hospital now. I'll post when I get home.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Thank you for the love and prayers
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

That’s fantastic news [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]! :hug:
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yay Nora

Comment

Working...
                                X