International Army July 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

Morning everyone. Belated happy anniversary Satz. Oh that place looks lovely JC, put a yen on me to go somewhere. Got a Charnwood Arc wood burning stove Mary. Much more modern than what we had and professionally fitted.Builder just threw the last one up and there was a huge flue as there is no chimney in the sun room. Better get back to my painting.

Comment

Jetting back in for a landing here.
      Congratulations to all the Fickle the birthday girl and Satz the anniversarian
      And a big wave to Jude which I meant to do as well Rusters!
      The changes have begun to take effect at work and everyone is in a spin. I've started to apply for jobs as insurance because despite all the predictions, nobody really knows what is going to happen.
      Yes borders are opening here despite the fact that a second wave appears to have hit Melbourne so it's only a matter of time before the Melbourne folk think 'stuff it' and go there to buy their toilet paper (which by the way is flying back off the shelves)
      Then there are the stories of security guards tasked with guarding hotels where people are quarantining - only to start shagging their charges.
      The place in Durham County looks lovely,especially the dog friendly bit.
      Just realised I'm sitting here eating dinner at 10pm. Time to rethink the lazy habits I've allowed myself to get back into.
      More on the flip side.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Evening...very quick one just to say goodnight...pig of a day but it's over...onwards and upwards ..hope everyone's grand xx
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Night Molls, sleep well, pet.
          Its been a nothing kind of day. The weather isn't helping. July 2nd and the heating's on. I can count on one hand how many days I haven't had a big sweatshirt on

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION]...............did I miss your birthday.:hug:
          Cake time.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION], belated happy birthday :flower:
            That place looks like a little gem [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION].

Rustop, I looked up that stove, its fabulous. Have you used it yet?

Its all a bit tricky at the moment [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION], but things keep rolling on, so good to get yourself a plan. Where have we head that before... well, it works.

Night all x
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
              Is it me or is MWO running at snail's pace?
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning JC, my tinternet is definitely at snails pace, could not get on for ages this morning. Belated happy birthday Fickle. Yea seems quite around the boards, lock down over so people out more maybe. Very wintry here too and not promised great for weekend. Have not used the stove yet but if this weather does not improve I will be tempted. Have to go do the dreaded grocery shopping now.

Comment

Everything here also snails pace. Another family crisis as my lovely Sister in Law has had a headache for a week and eventually was admitted to hospital. Had an Brain Aneurism and a craniotomy operation last night. I feel so helpless.
                  Hard to stay positive and grateful!

Comment

Everything here also snails pace. Another family crisis as my lovely Sister in Law has had a headache for a week and eventually was admitted to hospital. Had an Brain Aneurism and a craniotomy operation last night. I feel so helpless.
                    Hard to stay positive and grateful!
                    Last edited by brit; July 3, 2020, 05:31 AM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]......:hug:........it never just rains it pours.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Poor MrsA - you really are going through the wars.. I hope the SIL is ok... thinking of you all !

Been very busy - and grumpy - but yeah I'm here --- went out for lunch - treated by a couple of the sprogs which was lovely - enjoyed the normality of it but full as an egg now so going to get back into the growbags (trakkie bottoms) and feet up for the evening -- no cooking.
                        Happy birthday Fickle - missed it there..
                        right -- back later

Comment

The latest.... the 2 days a week I had at weekend have been given this weekend to a girl returning from maternity leave.
                          I know by law her job is protected but I am being edged out bit by bit. So I get to work a sum total of 32 hours a MONTH !!!
                          I have my letter of resignation ready to go - but then thought if they want rid of me they can let me go & pay me redundancy.

I swear this is out & out age discrimination.
                          My work has been above and beyond during this crisis so they have no complaints there. I get on extremely well with everyone. Care Staff, Nurses, residents & their families.
                          I will look at taking them to the Labour court

I was working most days while these two young ones have stayed away while the COVID-19 crisis was on & then they just swan back now it's under control.

I am LIVID.....

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                            The latest.... the 2 days a week I had at weekend have been given this weekend to a girl returning from maternity leave.
                            I know by law her job is protected but I am being edged out bit by bit. So I get to work a sum total of 32 hours a MONTH !!!
                            I have my letter of resignation ready to go - but then thought if they want rid of me they can let me go & pay me redundancy.

I swear this is out & out age discrimination.
                            My work has been above and beyond during this crisis so they have no complaints there. I get on extremely well with everyone. Care Staff, Nurses, residents & their families.
                            I will look at taking them to the Labour court

I was working most days while these two young ones have stayed away while the COVID-19 crisis was on & then they just swan back now it's under control.

I am LIVID.....
                            Don't blame you --- you're right probably to hold out and get something out of them -- me---? I'd walk -- I wouldn't allow myself to be humiliated tbh... but not before they got a good earful from me - can you not go back to the pretty doctor?

Comment

Morning everybody!
                              Damn glad to have that week over with.

I didn't realise it took 105 minutes to catch Covid Satzy. Glad you left at 104 or it might have gotten nasty. Is this the sister in law that gets pissed a lot? How on Earth will people who are trolleyed remember to physically distance? I would have decided in my wisdom that it didn't matter after drink 3.

Brit I just can't believe your luck this year love. We've got similar things going on and sometimes I wonder what we've done to deserve it all. Thinking of you.

Satzy one thing I'm rapidly learning in the current climate is that we have to look after ourselves and make sure we are fair to ourselves in the workplace. Setting boundaries doesn't come naturally to us and I've been finding myself not only fighting for my job but working additional hours, not taking breaks and fighting the temptation to log in on weekends to get ahead of the game. For a job that they are knowingly underpaying me for. Nope, sorry. Industrial laws are still there and relevant even in times like these. It's no excuse to go abusing people's rights. And they will try to do that! Sadly, very few workplaces remember what we have done for them when push comes to shove. So push back, girl!

Well I seem to be up at stupid o'clock on my day off so may as well jump up and make the most of it. I do love getting up early-once I am out from under the warm blankeys.

Have a great day everyone!
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

And of course you're right Bridgey...I run from confrontation..always have..and have missed out on things because of that..so yeah..go for it if you can benjy...I shouldn't be foisting my wishy washy opinions on anyone!
                                Night all xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X