Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: International Army July 2020

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Yep, then I will drive the fecking car. So watch out. Penelop Pitstop watch out.

You know I rang my GP yesterday just to make sure they'd got the letter from the opticians and had passed it on to the eye people and and they're not seeing patients face2face.................we are sooooooooooo moving to a new practice after this eyeball sorted.
    Hairdressers, shop-keepers,nurses, lawyers, you and Molls are facng the general population and our GPs sat behind his desk doing SFA. So what are they doing????
    that is LUDICROUS imo -- and I know that's how all our doctors in the town WERE working during the bad times but not sure if it's still the same -- I'm guessing it is... really truly - I know that health workers are great etc etc.. and I'm not taking anything away from them -- but that is crazy -- ok maybe not examine people without ppe -- but jesus christ -- expecially if you have any mental health problems or anything like that I don't think anyone will Zoom about that somehow -- a very personal touch needed.... truly nonsensical and spoilt profession... on another rant - Adam was out yesterday and his partner has been doing testing for the virus for the last few months along with many health people (she's a speech therapist so was just drafted in) -- one person in a group of 1000 testers tested positive for the virus about 2 months ago...they were all isolated for 14 days but 65 people left and refused to test anymore -- 25 of them were nurses - 18 were dentists and the rest were various (which in my opinion was fair enough -- if I'd been drafted in to the HSE and I got frightened I would have run too - but not if I was a nurse or dentist who was already employed by the HSE) -- they have full PPE doing the testing which was more than a lot of the hospital staff had at the time -- so yeah -- just makes you wonder about people sometimes
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]
      I think Mr. JC's going deaf................okay I'll be kinder hard of hearing. He needs a hearing testing.
      a) He says I mumble
      b)the TV's too loud
      c)if he says pardon, say again or one of the best 'you were walking away at the end of the sentence'

Oh and the itchy eyes. Jenny told me that because we've got much better air quality..................lack of road and air traffic. There's much more pollen in the air....................the plants are seeking their revenge.
      Oh nice one Jenny -- I'll run with that!!! and it is only since the lockdown when I think about it... yeah!!!

edit -- love the excuses -- hear them all the time from himself --- was on the back of the bike the other day and our intercom was acting up -- so I shouted at him --- 'it's the next left turn' --- he shouts back 'NO I'M NOT A DEAF FUCK' --- oh lawdy
      Last edited by mollyka; July 4, 2020, 05:08 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........it beggars belief. When i saw the nurse at the walk-in centre she was saying that its nigh on impossible to pin a doctor down..............the walk-ins are overwhelmed. This has been going on for nigh on ten years. I dunno why GP's think they're so precious these days as they do FA.
        The senior GP does minor surgery...............whoopie. Is he going to zoom how to stitch a cut using tapestry needle and bobbin of white thread and God help you if you've got a bad case of haemerroids.

Its no wonder my GP who saw me through two pregancies and all the hullabaloo with alcohol got to 60 and pissed off. I miss her. Sometimes see her in Tesco and she looks very happy............but I canhardly pin her up against the bread shelf and ask her WTF is going on up there.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

On my own little age rant here.. I must have wrecked my ankle years back from carelessly stomping up and down mountain tracks. I did a 10k walk this morning and enjoyed myself by my ankle's been totally munted the rest of the day. Still suffering even though I'm in bed.

On another topic, [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] we were earlier talking about the benefits of L-Glut and I said I thought it was helping but I think Bridge may have thought helping with the inflammation. Rather I should say, L-Glut is supposed to help heal the gut and aid in recovery of muscles after exercise. It's the intermittent fasting that helps with the inflammation. And I found some other stuff about anti-inflammation that might be of interest:
          In addition to enhancing weight loss, 16/8 intermittent fasting is also believed to improve blood sugar control, boost brain function and enhance longevity. Summary 16/8 intermittent fasting involves eating only during an eight-hour window during the day and fasting for the remaining 16 hours. In a study published in Cell, Mount Sinai researchers found that fasting reduces inflammation and improves chronic inflammatory diseases without affecting the immune system's response to acute infections.
          - If you're looking for an eating plan that closely follows the tenets of anti-inflammatory eating, consider the Mediterranean diet, which is high in fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, fish, and healthy oils.
          - Coffee, according to the Harvard Medical School, contains polyphenols and other anti-inflammatory compounds which may protect against inflammation. In fact, there are a number of other surprising health benefits of caffeine, including reducing the risk of Parkinson's or diabetes.
          - Eggs make a significant contribution to the anti-inflammatory effects of a low-carb diet possibly due to two factors- the cholesterol in the eggs which increases HDL “good” cholesterol, and the antioxidant lutein (found in the yolk) which lowers inflammation.
          - Some of the best natural anti inflammatories: Fish Oil and Omega-3 fatty acids (Omega-3 fatty acids help fight vascular inflammation), Ginger and Curcumin (Curcumin, which is an active ingredient in turmeric, is a plant in the ginger family), Zinc and magnesium (high-magnesium foods — such as fatty fish and dark chocolate — can reduce inflammation. Summary Magnesium has been shown to help fight inflammation. It reduces the inflammatory marker CRP and provides several other benefits), Green tea, Cayenne pepper, Cat's claw, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Spirulina
          - Yogurt can also contain probiotics, which can reduce gut inflammation. ... In addition to their anti-inflammatory properties, she says, "it is important to get enough calcium and vitamin D for bone strength, and possibly reduction of cancer and other health risks."

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            was going to delete above moany post - but feck it - I feel better for getting it out of my head tbh so just ignore it and lets move on.... all will be well I don't doubt - and no point in worrying about something that hasn't happened -- isn't that what they say - you end up dealing with it twice! so now back to cuppa on the couch with feet up and not even going to cook a dinner.. himself is off on his bike with his mates so hopefully they'll get themselves fed cos the cafés re-opened...

Sorry bout the whinge!!
            :hug::hug:
            Sorry Molls - had to go help feckin' clean-up a bedroom - a hundred bleedin' questions from MrS.

Is Joe's hearing ok? I wonder ?
            Poor Joe - I too have been getting worried about myself - and forgetfulness. In the last 2 weeks I've left my purse in Aldi, Lidl & most recently on a park bench. Got it each time.
            But this is something I laughed at with my (other) SIL who is 2 years older than me. The hubby won't let her bring anything with her at night :haha:
            And also Whizzy when she visited that time she expressed the same worry about forgetting stuff - I said to her "ah sure we're more relaxed - so these things are not that important to us and that's a good thing"

I still think that's kinda true ...
            Last edited by satz123; July 4, 2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

With you on the purse...I haven't been carrying anything with me..just less things to get contaminated..
              So stuff my debit card in my back pocket and I've lost it twice..but I deffo think that's only cos I usually have a purse to put it in...Joe seems like a bit more than that.....BUT....there also is a possibility that he is being a self centred dick who is only attentive to himself...that's when I get cross..no dinner made or even shopped for last two weeks coming home from work....genuinely USUALLY not like him..

Ach I'm just going to let it ride for a while

You thought anymore bout the job? Do you need to work or do you just want to?

Comment

He's either not listening to a word I say ----OR ---- and it is my buried nightmare thought --- is it the beginning of brain degeneration -- reluctant to say alzheimhers or dementia -- he's completely perfectly competent... but -- I'm either angry or tremendously sad depending on which it is... and I can't say it to him -- not yet -- there's nothing really 'there' to talk about -- it's too vague.... now I envy you having married someone younger than yourself Jacks --- this is really bothering me
                My 'age related shite" is not too bad I suppose.
                # 1 GLASSES FOR FAR & NEAR - NOW ALL ROLLED INTO VARIFOCALS.
                # 2 HORRIBLE LOOSE SKIN ON MY STOMACH & LEGS & ARMS :haha: everywhere really

Apart from that I am a good specimen for having lived so long..
                I'm back at the gym & I'm not great aerobically ( lazy cow) but can keep up with young wans half my age when it comes to weights & stretches where there is not much lepping around.

Comment

even shopped for last two weeks coming home from work....genuinely USUALLY not like him..
                  :hug::hug: share as much as you like here - it's only us ...
                  Just keep an eye - I'm sure it's just the recent change to staying at home..... like us all - when we have all day to do something - we end up doing nothing ..

Would like to stay working Molls - I like the job. It's the only reason I'm still there.
                  I do need the money though too.

Comment

Wtf ??????

Comment

Sorry...I'm here..just going to bed...bit of a fraught day tbh
                      Talk tomorrow xx

Comment

Just sat down..............we had the shopping made a luvverly dinner and a real live visitor............. The bloke next door who was our guest for dinner and also Mr JC's best mate. This time last year they were finalising the arrangements of the S&H's stag do in Spain.
                        [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].......anything you want to share, love?
                        Off to do a bit of shouting
                        It could be worse, I could be filing.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Missed a day here and Ive missed loads!

So sorry to hear about your SIL [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Hows she doing?

X post [MENTION=4040]fickle[/MENTION] on work. Sorry to hear that Satz - email is the way to go and hopefully they will have the courtesy to reply. What are you contracted to do, or is it very casual? You are there a while..

I get that [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], being told you cant do something anymore - regardless if you want to or not. Fecking eyes.

Also wondered about Joes hearing Molls??

My cautious inlaws have been advised by their cautious GP to stay at home until there's a vaccine (both have health issues). They wont come out to our garden, or go anywhere, even an empty park, they are so afraid, despite our numbers being very low here. I don't think its right. At some point the risks have to be weighted up against a quality of life.
                          I suppose there are thousands of others doing the same.

Mr M is snoring his head off now on the sofa. this is when I tip toe up to bed and get a few hours peaceful sleep before the noise follows me up..
                          Sweet dreams and good morning Bridge..
                          Last edited by IamMary; July 4, 2020, 06:07 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning... no Jacks - I'm ok today -- did a lot of talking and told him my fears... think he got such a fright that senility would even be a problem he's promised to 'listen' to me.... we'll see -- but it was nice to clear the air.. heading out to Ardgillen in a wee bit and going for a coffee afterwards.. that should be nice and normal..
                            So sad to hear that about the inlaws Mary -- that's just plain wrong - are they very old? If you sat them down and went through the lack of danger of being several places (e.g. your garden or even the far end of your sitting room -- or you in theirs?) . Life is precious at any age but as folks get older it's doubly precious cos it's not endless like it seems when we are teenagers...and listening to solid science it could literally be YEARS before there's a vaccine -- if ever

Edit - ach he's always been a bit deaf Mary -- mainly when it suits him -- but not to that degree for sure -- he even admitted to his 'neglect' I think in part it was due to the dog -- I don't want it and I didn't really get a choice without WW3 breaking out... but he did say he gets lonely - so yeah - not going to argue with that!
                            Last edited by mollyka; July 5, 2020, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Duplicate
                              My ability to delete a post has been taken away ....... I've been posting here daily for 9 years and because I stopped my subscription - my account is being whittled away ....
                              I've had to stop many of my DD that were not deemed essential to life & limb.

Cheers MWO
                              Last edited by satz123; July 5, 2020, 04:12 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

I think in part it was due to the dog -- I don't want it and I didn't really get a choice without WW3 breaking out... but he did say he gets lonely - so yeah - not going to argue with that!
                                I thought of that Molls - kinda mild depression - the dog will be the best thing ever.
                                Mr S did not want Rosie - but I saw he was also lonely at home all day after working for 40 years.
                                Three walks a day in Summer - FFS!
                                She's given him a new lease of life. He talks to her & tells her he'd be lost without her when 'mammy' :haha: is in work ...... ( I KNOW)

Comment

Working...
                                X