Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Afternoon folks -- love hugging my kids and hubs -- NO ONE else... not mad on hand shaking either ---- but that cheek kissing business we copy from the French --- nnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! !! Well done on all those jabbed -- pity they have to do 2... the Johnson and Johnson one would be great....

Aftermath of a tantrum -- awesome feeling -- well it's more the 'out of control' feeling during the tantrum that I love -- rarely if ever allow myself 'out of control' -- so it's a real treat! Good on you Bridge!

Who left WHO all their money cos they have a father called Harry?? Sorry - got lost in a big way back there -- thankfully we have NO royal family -- the politicians sponge enough in our mighty little republic -- couldn't imagine how I'd feel if all that nonsense was funded by my taxes!!

Bad news yesterday... well -- not that sort of bad news - but bad enough -- the infection hasn't budged -- so he's on new medication now for another month -- if that doesn't work I gather it's back to head scratching -- had a seriously moaning day yesterday the two of us - even baked a cake (Joe s'posed to be dieting) -- but feeling a bit brighter today -- as Jilly said yesterday if we were told a couple of month ago that we'd have him home and functioning at all - we'd have been over the moon... so yeah -- onwards and .... well ...onwards...
    let me see -- anything else? forgotten already!
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ah Molls I am sorry to hear that. What a nuisance and worry for you all. Dunno if you have considered, but extra vit C and D to boost his immune system to help fight the infection?

Comment

Not having the infection clear up must be such a challenge for you and Joe, Molly. I hope they find a powerful antibiotic or whatever is needed to take care of it. It sure is good that you've been careful re: COVID given his situation.

I'm in the no more fakey kiss/hug greetings club. I will be glad to give my parents a squeeze but always hated the touchy-feely greetings and good-byes from some friends I saw yesterday and probably will see tomorrow!! Given that fomites have not turned out to be the main mode of transmission, hand shakes probably are ok but I can live without those, too!

Our puppy is a 9 week old English Cream Golden - a complete fluffball of cuteness :smile:.

Comment

Ahh Molly, pet. No wonder you're frustrated.:cuss: I'm so sorry but you're handling this beautifully.
          This too shall pass.........I'll duck while you through kitchen appliances at me.

[MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION].............you've got a nine-week-old puppy and a retriever at that..........I wish you all the stamina in the world.

Found a four-part William the Conquerer to watch. Him and Henry 8th are my faves.
          And I finally got my very own box set of Henry 8th for Chrimbo. Tbh its to watch Jonathon Rhys Myers on a loop..........in his early days not when he's fat and bad tempered

Nighty night all. :hug:
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
            I'm in the no more fakey kiss/hug greetings club. I will be glad to give my parents a squeeze but always hated the touchy-feely greetings and good-byes from some friends I saw yesterday and probably will see tomorrow!! Given that fomites have not turned out to be the main mode of transmission, hand shakes probably are ok but I can live without those, too!
            @NoSugar
            I'm in that club too NS. Which is why I HATE New Year's Eve and other fakey 'lovey dovey' occasions.
            No handshakes with strangers either - God knows where their hands have been :disgust:
            Last edited by satz123; March 12, 2021, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Nice one re the flounce Bridge

Did you know that James Hewitt is now working as a £4k a year gardener looking after his mothers block of flats? He botched up the pruning of a yew tree that he was trying to shape into a wine glass. Oh how the mighty fall
              Serves him right for horticulturally showing off. He always seemed like such a dick.

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

-- well it's more the 'out of control' feeling during the tantrum that I love -- rarely if ever allow myself 'out of control' -- so it's a real treat!
              Ooooohhhh yeahhhhh....I LOVE that feeling. Especially when you are known as a jolly round woman then all of a sudden they are staring at you askance as you blow your boiler. Frigging fantastic.
              What on earth is that infection made of? Are they saying it is resistant staf?

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post

Our puppy is a 9 week old English Cream Golden - a complete fluffball of cuteness :smile:.
              :heartbeat:That's exactly what I have laying at my feet waiting for bits of apple to drop. haven't cleaned a food spill in years.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              @NoSugar
              I'm in that club too NS. Which is why I HATE New Year's Eve and other fakey 'lovey dovey' occasions.
              No handshakes with strangers either - God knows where their hands have been :disgust:
              Exactly, could have taken their hands off their bum 2 minutes before. Yuck! This is one of the reasons I love Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington so much. They HATE fake fun and hugs and rubbish. Blech.

They told me to take time off today and almost had a seizure when I turned up this morning and said I would. I took Mum to Bunnings as discussed. She is starting to lose it just the tiniest bit. Just a tiny tiny bit. the woman is as sharp as a whip and it's scaring me.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the world,
                Woke up at the usual time (about 8ish) and turned over for 5 minutes more...............I woke up at 11am :eek-new: and I'm still tired and still not dressed and my brain has not caught up either.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I took Mum to Bunnings as discussed. She is starting to lose it just the tiniest bit. Just a tiny tiny bit. the woman is as sharp as a whip and it's scaring me.
                  Aw sorry to hear the [MENTION=9170]byebyebridgetjones[/MENTION] :hug: just keep a good eye on her.
                  If it's any consolation - my mother's memory loss has stabilized and I put it down to each time she gets a UTI they are on it immediately. Not sure of the connection but it works when antibiotics are given ASAP.

This is a woman who wanted to put her head in the oven 3 years ago. Depression is another side effect of UTIs in the elderly I'm told.
                  She's 91 this year.

Comment

Good afternoon/evening. Just checking in and having a read back.
                    Up and down with my tears and distress but getting loads of support from family and friends.
                    Funeral is next Friday morning and dreading it.

Comment

Evening all.

Brit my heart goes out to you. I am glad you have support to help with the natural ups and downs that you are going through. I can totally understand your dreading the funeral. Such sad times.

Your mum sounds amazing Satz. As does Bridges mum. Extra special as this sunday is mothers day.

Comment

Evening all.

Your mum sounds amazing Satz. As does Bridges mum. Extra special as this sunday is mothers day.
                        Thanks Starts. I sent off a 'givey out' mail to them in Nursing Home today.
                        I couldn't stay quiet.
                        Yesterday while I was out in the freezing cold talking to my mother thru a pane of glass on the phone - staff inside were walking around with no masks on.
                        I don't like to criticize too much but that is beyond STUPID.
                        The last straw was a condescending email preaching to families that if we get to visit inside it's essential to keep precautions ......

She came back & said masks are only mandatory in residents rooms & the dining room.
                        This is bollox when EVERYONE else in the country are wearing masks when around the vulnerable to avoid infection even if vaccinated.

The email is now in the hands of the Director of Nursing ...... who hates me anyway for pulling them up on other things. :egad:
                        They get €1800 a week for each resident..... so I'm going to make sure her care is the best available.

Comment

Originally posted by brit View Post
                          Good afternoon/evening. Just checking in and having a read back.
                          Up and down with my tears and distress but getting loads of support from family and friends.
                          Funeral is next Friday morning and dreading it.
                          MsA have these :hug::hug::hug:
                          Last edited by satz123; March 12, 2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Another :hug: for [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
                            Good that you have such great support around you.

What have you noticed with your Mam Bridge? It will probably stay tiny for ages.
                            Weve noticed micro changes in my Dad, we maybe have to tell him the same thing 3 times instead of 2. Hes the most inquisitive man on the planet, so probably forgets hes asked it already in his list of a million questions. As kids we'd be mortified - everyone was interrogated, no such thing as waiting outside the door for 2 minutes.. my dad would be there with his long list of what, where + how!

That's not right [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], I presume its not the same in your work?
                            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Evening all.

Brit my heart goes out to you. I am glad you have support to help with the natural ups and downs that you are going through. I can totally understand your dreading the funeral. Such sad times.

I echo all of that. Amazing woman as are Brit and Molly. Same old, same old here. Can swop 18 month old Letriever/ Goldie cross NoSugar. He is gaining some sense but it is slow. Adorable though.

Had birthday zoom with crochet group tonight, good laugh.

Comment

Good morning-off for a walk.
                                Satz I had loads of hassle with the care company looking after Mr A regarding PPE. I think they hated me but as you say our loved ones are precious and we have to be their advocate.

Comment

Working...
                                X