• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
    Gawd, nearly liked a post there.
    :haha: I had to hold back too!!

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
    Evening ladies, a sincere thank you all for taking the time and effort to reply with your thoughts. I will ponder on these and come up with a plan of action this week, for doing nothing, whilst no doubt easier, is not an option and I was never one to procrastinate except when it came time to put down the poison and accept where freedom lay.
    Great posts here Tabbers and I remember you going through the motions [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]. I know you want clarity Tabbers, but could you sit on your hands a while longer and see what comes out of the next few weeks. Consider your options.

X post Molly.

Talk was a work thing Starty. Was fine, but these things dont come naturally to me.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
      Morning folks, no work today thankfully.
      Starty you are so right about when a decision is made and you know it is the right one for you being so precious.
      So here is another ‘all about me’ post but I need to share or at the least get my current situation down on paper as it were. Our company is currently still open given as we do provide, in a small way, some essential services. However my department has a reduced working staff level of one right now, me, and the hours are all over the place. I am finding it and the continuous lock downs very difficult tbh. One of the big things to come out of this reduced production time is a planned company expansion on foot of a huge project that we secured just pre last years lockdown. This includes new equipment in my department and new management systems galore being implemented right now which are wrecking my head. What is missing is a concrete plan for increasing staff levels and yet it is generally accepted that a we are going to be snowed under within a month of being back to full production. I am told we will address this at a later date when we see where we are at but I know this will result in my picking up the slack and probably working 12 hour days again and I am not prepared to go back there. I am stressing about the stress coming down the line, kinda stupid when I look at it in that sense. The obvious answer is to revisit this discussion with the directors but for them it never seems the optimum time for them as they are stressing daily about the current lock down etc., and I have been given their answer, however one that is not acceptable to me. In reality the crux of this is I don’t want extra staff to supervise or the extra production levels and I do accept this is about me but it feels like this isn’t what I signed up for. I feel like a solution for me would be to resign my position and take a lower ranking one, let someone else take all of this on, the extra salary really doesn’t compensate but realistically my position would almost certainly become untenable. I think a lot of this is to do with my wishing to wind down now, as I get older as my ambition levels are now about all self care and quality of life but bar resignation and searching for a simpler job in a probable upcoming recession that isn’t really practical. My sobriety is number one and I have to protect that, this situation is potentially very dangerous to me and as I have said before I don’t have another quit in me, so any advice welcome.
      You know that old AA saying: 'Anything that you put ahead of your sobriety, you will lose'?
      That.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
        You know that old AA saying: 'Anything that you put ahead of your sobriety, you will lose'?
        That.
        Dead right Bridgey!!

Morning all...they've even got that Harry chap on our news this morning..ffs...we're in the middle of a pandemic...???!
        Last edited by mollyka; March 9, 2021, 03:51 AM.
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the world
          Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
          That.
          I throb this.

Eyeball embuggerence is much better..........we got some eye drops. Its a difficult one because I hate and I do mean hate............in fact nearly a phobia of people touching my face. It ends up with Mr JC with his knee on my chest to get the drops in.

Excitement is building as I get my jab tomorrow...........may sound daft but I've been planning my outfit..............come up with jeans and a nice white shirt.

Jenny went back to school yesterday........she's been on-line teaching under the latest lockdown. She has to test herself twice a week for covid. They've been supplied with the home kits by the powers that be.

Mikey continues to steal our hearts and has absolutely no idea of personal space.
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all! Jilly has been back working a couple of weeks now..much more normal now...Joey and Adam have worked throughout and no change for Simon so little affect here..Joey is tested twice a week as well.

Getting organised for doc tomorrow..preparing myself...and him ..for all outcomes ...how's everyone? Another groundhog day?

Comment

Evening all - yep Groundhog day ...........
              Now sorry in advance but I've a pain in my arse people moaning who they can or can't see.
              Then there's the "poor teenagers missing out on so much " FFS ....
              Let's hope there is never a war.... families parted for years ..... if this is the way they go on.

Harry & Megan - tell me again why does the world need to know their personal family issues ?
              Any chance they had to mend bridges - are now well & truly gone.
              Poor old Harry lost his mother - now his father & brother - Grandmother & grandfather ....... I hope she's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Evening all - yep Groundhog day ...........
                Now sorry in advance but I've a pain in my arse people moaning who they can or can't see.
                Then there's the "poor teenagers missing out on so much " FFS ....
                Let's hope there is never a war.... families parted for years ..... if this is the way they go on.

Harry & Megan - tell me again why does the world need to know their personal family issues ?
                Any chance they had to mend bridges - are now well & truly gone.
                Poor old Harry lost his mother - now his father & brother - Grandmother & grandfather ....... I hope she's worth it.

Evening everyone. Totally agree with you Satz. Absolute car crash. Personally feel she is very self serving and wants the limelight. Sick hearing about it. Groundhog Day here too.

Good luck tomorrow Molly and Joe. Numbers are down again today and have heard about the odd nursing home visit, it is slow but we will get there. Working week over so feet up walking crap tv.

Comment

Evening all.

Very best of luck to Joe for tomorrow!

Yes, stayed up till 11 last night watching them. Carcrash TV. Entitled tw*ts.

Had my jab today. Didnt even get a cleansing wipe or a plaster, they just jammed it in. Hardly had time to say hello :haha:

Comment

Agree Rustop, it was an acting performance. Silly cow

Comment

O lucky you Starts...think it'll be like next YEAR before I get mine!
                      Watching the Bay...it's quite good..better than a lot of the shite Joe manages to find...did any of yiz watch The Great? Oh it was brilliant..loved it!
                      Thanks for the wishes for Joe tomorrow..not optimistic I have to say! Right..back to my knitting!!!

Comment

I watched the bay twas good.
                        Not seen the great but heard its excellent
                        Why aren’t you hopeful?
                        Mr s has booked his for a couple of weeks too. How come yours is so delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          I watched the bay twas good.
                          Not seen the great but heard its excellent
                          Why aren’t you hopeful?
                          Mr s has booked his for a couple of weeks too. How come yours is so delayed?
                          Dunno...just like everything in Ireland ....slow... But it'll happen soon enough..no rush at the moment cos we wouldn't be going anywhere anyway. I'm not hopeful cos he's still completely knackered all the time...think it has to be the infection...oh do watch The Great!!!

Comment

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......you deserve a medal having to sit through that. I've just seen clips and Piers Morgan has walked away from Good Morning Britain. He's always been a gob-shite but I quite liked him.

So you don't get a lolly or a sticker for being a brave little soldier.:sad:

Fingers crossed for tomorrow, Mollymoo.
                            It could be worse, I could be filing.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                              . How come yours is so delayed?
                              Starts we have to wait for the EU to distribute.
                              And I think we are giving 2nd dose within 14 days where the UK is waiting 12 weeks.
                              It means all our healthcare workers and over 80's & all nursing homes residents are fully vaccinated with both doses.
                              While the rest of the population have to wait.

Then one vaccine we got couldn't be given to older people - then it could. So we're on the back foot all the time now 'cos we stuck with Pfizer - the most difficult one to distribute, store & administer.

Don't worry Molls you'll be done before end June I reckon.
                              Best wishes to Joe :hug:
                              Last edited by satz123; March 9, 2021, 05:59 PM.

Comment

So by tomorrow, JC, Satz AND Starty will be vaccinated!
                                I'll be paddy last I think.

Its exciting to have somewhere to go [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], Id be putting on the fake tan and straightening my hair :haha:

Spent the last hour with my eldest, trying to narrow down his subject choice for the leaving cert. NOT easy. 3 compulsory subjects (English, Irish and Maths), then another 4. Decision made now (dropped his beloved history), no turning back.

I feel like people are bending the rules everywhere [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. Numbers down and schools coming back slowly so theres a relaxed vibe. If we can just hang on a couple of more months, we could all get away somewhere this summer!! might only be county kerry, but I'll take anything :happy2:

Good luck Molly + Joe.
                                AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X