Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Army Manoeuvres - March 21

Well officially I've 2 1/2 years to retirement age..but I'm fully planning on going August 12 months...any longer than that feels like a death sentence ..no chance of working alone in my job but a lot will depend on attitude of micro-manager ...she should get her comeuppance from senior manager who's now back after cancer but we'll see...lot of the young ones are seriously pissed with her too...I can live in savings for 12 months and then I'll have a (very small) pension...enough to live on
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Yes the 2 years for me sounded awfully long but when I gave myself the get out clause it made it bearable. What is your retirement age? Ours is 67 so 8.5 years for me.

Comment

Yup 67 here too..I'm 64 as yet...8.5 years...yuck ..no I'd never manage that...I will miss work tho..just not my job as it is at the moment...my 'old' buddies are still on relief which is great craic...no responsibility..but I was offered balbriggan 5 years or so ago and took it to get rid of the commute..but I'd go back on relief in a flash..it'd be SO obvious why if I asked for it tho and then if they didn't move me it would be unbelievably awkward ...small staff..10 or 12 at most ..nah

Comment

Anyway at the rate we're going I'll prob only have a year left when I get back!!

Comment

Do all dogs like swimming? Max will barely paddle when we down the beach?
            Just saw your boys on FB
            Last edited by mollyka; March 21, 2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Yes I defo couldnt work until 67. No way. So grateful for a final salary pension from a previous job that I was at.

Casey loves swimming but didnt start until he was around 2. Before that would only paddle. Fen doesnt like swimming but will paddle if its warm. Casey is a brilliant swimmer and dock diver and will swim any weather. We got him swimming by following another dog who was really confident in the water. He never looked back once he was in Oh and neither of them swim in the sea which I am happy about as the currents are unpredictable.

Comment

Ah okay! Oh and i'd not have had him randomly swimming out to sea..he has to be on a lead anyway..but I thought a bit of splashing around in the shallows together would be fun...I love the sea!
                Last edited by mollyka; March 21, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Me too! You are so lucky living on the coast. I miss the sea as we are not allowed to go anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Do all dogs like swimming? Max will barely paddle when we down the beach?
                    Just saw your boys on FB
                    No, I have a Goldendoodle. She won’t even put a paw in water. So much for the retriever side of her
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      No, I have a Goldendoodle. She won’t even put a paw in water. So much for the retriever side of her
                      We've had two Labradors over the years and they both hated the water.
                      Mikey has a harness but he's still pulling my arms out of their sockets. He stands very patiently while I put it on then he goes crackers.
                      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].............how's about you two opening a doggy daycare. I'll hide over here..........:bricks:

The garden centre was like purgatory.........full of lost desperate souls looking for something/anything to do.

Nighty night, lovelies. Molls give Joe my love.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Rosie pretends she's going for a swi & a drink in the Liffey at Castletown - but really it's to try to terrorise the ducks who just scoff at her. & fly off.
                        It quite fast flowing in parts so I still panic a bit - but dogs are natural swimmers. Some just don't like to get wet I suppose.
                        She's been to the sea where again she thinks she can catch Seagulls
                        Has a thing about birds has our Rosie.

Good news about Joe Molls - I suppose the body is so complex. I'm amazed they ever find out what's wrong with us sometimes.
                        He has to give up the bike ? Insurance wise ?

Comment

Great to see you Molly and checking in about Joe. Sound like it manageable, so thats good.
                          My inlaws are fine now, over Covid. Oddly sailed through it. But his mobility has deteriorated so badly, hes heading off to do a rehabilitation stint tomorrow. Lots of drama to get to this point, but settling now.
                          Walked your coastline today (a tiny bit outside of the 5k, but there for shopping anyway!). It was absolutely beautiful, goes on for a great stretch.

Correct [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], its only bad after a few drinks, otherwise fine. Nope, I cant do that again.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post

I saw Press, loved it. LOD is the new series. Cannot wait for tonight!
                            What channel !! was it good?

Comment

Well done on the payrise Satz! :sohappy:
                              Thats all any of us need, appreciation.

Comment

Hello everybodee. We're in the middle of a flood here and internets have been a bit patchy. My own house is holding up but some have gone floating down rivers again and our dam has burst. There's never any half way here. It's always drought or flood or wind storm or fires.

I hope things went as well as possible [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]
                                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X