Army Garrison April 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Just back from my first Peers meeting.....https://www.mind.org.uk/information-...support/.....I didn't want to say before as I wasn't sure if I'd be a fit but after many e-mails and chats on the phone I fit in there somewhere.
    I'm crackers so I fit in somewhere. Rather enjoyed it and will be going back next week. I'm tired and slightly wired up at the same time. So hard opening up to new people.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION]...........a HUGE well done. Be very proud of yourself.

I'm so sorry for your in-law's loss its never easy.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION].........I'm so happy for you and Joe. Just in time for the beautiful summer that we're going to have ........I have decreed it so it must be true
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

So sorry to hear about Richards Aunt [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], very hard for his folks.
      But well done you! they are solid numbers :sohappy:

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Evening all! Back from the hospital and Joe's infection is GONE!!! We were so bloody excited and happy when we heard...the heart operation has been given the go-ahead..Will get a date tomorrow!!
      Ah Molly, that is the BEST news! what a relief, you can all breath again.

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
      Just back from my first Peers meeting.....About peer support | Mind didn't want to say before as I wasn't sure if I'd be a fit but after many e-mails and chats on the phone I fit in there somewhere.
      That looks really good JC. Were there many on the call? Its not easy in a zoom setting, even if you know everyone well.

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      I have been forced into a job rather than paid out Mers. It's a boring little job which I have no experience with and will be a disaster. Time to turn into a sack of potatoes. That's after I contact the union.
      I knew youd been offered another job, but I thought you were going to try to get around that? Do you have to accept this generous offer?

Washing machine is knackered. In fairness, its close to 100 years old, maybe 1000. It refused to die.

WEll done on the weight loss Satz!
      AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        Had to look it up & confirm my image of a 'mouthbreather' Bridge - what a wonderful way to describe an eejit !! :haha:
        The term is interchangeable with 'slack-jawed idiot' where I come from. There are many more - idiots and terms for idiots.

Evening all! Back from the hospital and Joe's infection is GONE!!! We were so bloody excited and happy when we heard...the heart operation has been given the go-ahead..Will get a date tomorrow!!
        That is absolutely brilliant news, Molly. What a relief!

Originally posted by starty View Post
        And 2 years 3 days for the pills My app tells me I have saved £5872 which is not to be sniffed at !
        I'm now over $20,000 in savings for the booze. How disgusting.

Originally posted by starty View Post

Mr S's aunt passed away yesterday which is sad but a release for her. I worry about his parents having to cope with it all at 85. He thinks they will have aged greatly over this and the lockdown. The lady who used to clean my house texted me to tell me her dog passed today. She lives alone and is in her 70s, My heart breaks for her.
        How incredibly sad for both.

Originally posted by IamMary View Post

I knew youd been offered another job, but I thought you were going to try to get around that? Do you have to accept this generous offer?
        No they said accept it or resign. So I approached the union and have a meeting with them next Monday. Once I stick my head above the parapet it will be on. Target on the back. But I'd rather do that than be a sheep and take whatever they dish. I'm too much of a cranky old bitch for that.

We also have a lovely day happening here. Not looking forward to returning to the workplace and missing out on lunch in the sun and doing washing in between emails. Oh well. I suppose I'll fight that one too.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Molls that is absolutely fantabulous news. What a relief you you all !

wrt weight Molls - I won't be a 'weight bore' but safe to say :
          you haven't seen me in a while & I've PILED it on. The gym made me 'stocky' + the eating of tons of chocolate - not a pretty sight. The End

I have at least another 12 lbs to lose to get into the MMOB dress for DD wedding in July & even to be at the weight I was when MsA was over for her run - so maybe she'll come again :yay:

Sorry for the sad news Starts :heart:

they said accept it or resign. So I approached the union and have a meeting with them next Monday. Once I stick my head above the parapet it will be on. Target on the back. But I'd rather do that than be a sheep and take whatever they dish. I'm too much of a cranky old bitch for that.

Don't let the bastards grind you down Bridge. Keep fighting the fight. You have them on constructive dismissal remember. Don't leave without a massooooove payout.

Last edited by satz123; April 8, 2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post

No they said accept it or resign. So I approached the union and have a meeting with them next Monday. Once I stick my head above the parapet it will be on. Target on the back. But I'd rather do that than be a sheep and take whatever they dish. I'm too much of a cranky old bitch for that.

We also have a lovely day happening here. Not looking forward to returning to the workplace and missing out on lunch in the sun and doing washing in between emails. Oh well. I suppose I'll fight that one too.
            Well Bridge -- re. the bit above -- sticking your head above the parapet -- that's a serious issue in my workplace -- well not where I work precisely - there's only 10 of us and bar the micro-manager we all get on grand -- but the hierarchy -- it really verges on bullying - they have what they call a BRANCH LIBRARIANS MEETING - once a month -- the senior boss of each branch goes and gets lectured at -- 90% of them won't speak up about anything -- it's not worth it - they can make your life hell -- it's bullying by any other name ---- but a very very good friend of mine a few years back - her husband also works for the same organisation - and he was bullied so badly that he hanged himself -- in the staff canteen - with the bullies names written on a whiteboard -- but did SHE speak up --- my god it was slaughter -- and they backed down completely -- timid middle-aged women from horrific harridans --- anyway -- I'm guessing the more of us speak up -- you in your organisation and me in mine -- it'd put manners on them -- too many afraid to 'make a scene' and as you say put a target on our backs.... I've a year and 4 months to go -- I like to think in those last 4 months I will cause all sorts of mischief that'll bring a lot of injustice to light -- if I spoke now I'd be transferred overnight to horrendous places many miles from where I live -- it happens all the time..

Didn't realise you'd put on that much weight Benjy -- good on you -- you'll feel great at the wedding!! How many people are allowed go do you know?
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning,
              [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...............its actually face to face or masked face to face at the moment. The phone calls and e-mails were beforehand to see whether I would be a fit. Its held in a big room miles away from where we live but luckily Mr. JC gave me a lift. Covers all sorts from low self esteem, loneliness, drinking,family problems and most have mental problems.
              It was lovely talking to 'real' people albeit in a mask.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].........well done on the weight loss. :welldone:
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Delighted about your good news Molly, about time, you both have had a rough few months. Sorry about your bad news Starty :heartbeat:

Don't let the bastards grind you down Bridge. Keep fighting the fight. You have them on constructive dismissal remember. Don't leave with a massooooove payout.

Listen to Satz, we are all behind you.

Nothing much to report, about to go on the dreaded grocery shop.

Comment

Cross posted there with you JC, sounds perfect, good luck.

Comment

Good grief that is tragic, Molls. I applaud his wife for getting the guts to call them out. Its short of manslaughter.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I can't open the link you posted Jacks - so not sure what the group is -- is it dealing with depression and related issues? Have you been feeling very down? Sorry I've really only been paying attention to myself lately -- hopefully I can open up a bit now ;-) good for you!

Comment

Hope this one works..........kept getting page not found and 404 whatever that is.
                        Not do much depressed but incredibly lonely. I know I should be grateful I've got Mr. JC upstairs but that was agreed way back that he would be doing office hours.
                        Yep I nip in with coffee for him but I never know who he's on the phone.
                        Its not so much depression just pure and simple loneliness. The flurry of zooms, facetime, phone calls have disappeared. And you know I like a nap but even I can't do 24/7. Its something to get dressed for, slap a bit of make-up on and have a natter with others who understand.
                        PeerTalk : Facing Depression Together
                        Oddly enough I've got to and pick a prescription for antidepressants..............when in doubt the doctor shovels them down.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

I never understood loneliness until Joe was really ill and I was proper alone...we were in the midst of the worst wave of the pandemic so except for the phone which I HATE I was alone with my thoughts...dunno if that's loneliness per se but it was an unfamiliar feeling to me...however ..I rediscovered walking..so either with the mutt (made all the difference when he started walking well with his harness..but he can't walk for very long) or without I took to fast walking a few hours a day...it was so therapeutic...in fact I still do it most days..Will replace it with swimming when the water warms up...so far only paddling to my knees!
                          Will the company in the group be enough for you?
                          Last edited by mollyka; April 8, 2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

That looks really good JC! Brave of you to give it a go too. We are allowed to meet up with others now, so hopefully the group and catching up with your friends will help.

God workplaces can be toxic cant they? That poor woman and her husband. Shocking. At ours we have this thing call Teams and the manager can watch on some software who is on the phone or picking up calls, then she can post shouty messages telling folk to pick the phone up! Always makes me jump and I am not even on the phones!

Bridge I do hope you can sort it. So hard to be fighting for basic rights all the time

I am starting my weight loss journey tomorrow. For some reason I feel a bit panicky about it, scared of failing perhaps. Anyhoo, feeling like a bloater so gotta be done

Comment

I never understood loneliness until Joe was really ill and I was proper alone...we were in the midst of the worst wave of the pandemic so except for the phone which I HATE I was alone with my thoughts...dunno if that's loneliness per se but it was an unfamiliar feeling to me...however ..I rediscovered walking..so either with the mutt (made all the difference when he started walking well with his harness..but he can't walk for very long) or without I took to fast walking a few hours a day...it was so therapeutic...in fact I still do it most days..Will replace it with swimming when the water warms up...so far only paddling to my knees!
                              Will the company in the group be enough for you?
                              Yeah me too Molls. I had to walk Rosie when MrS was laid up - I've kept it up as much as I can. It is THE best thing for getting rid of a bad humour.
                              Also the few days in work I couldn't be without - different conversations, talk to young people, non-Irish nationals all with their customs & little quirks and us with ours .... we laugh at each other.
                              I can feel MrS starting to become 'old' - using the 5k restriction as an excuse. Does that make sense? His world has become soooo small. I know we can't break the shaggin' 5k but I would take a chance mid-week just to see the sea or the mountains.
                              Last edited by satz123; April 8, 2021, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Don't let him...(get old)...got a sniff of it when Joe was sick and even then I just couldn't bear it...I still think of him as the gorgeous blonde tanned specimen I met nigh on 50 years ago...nope not going to let him...have him organising insurance and tax on the bike today....yay!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X