• Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    Great decision @techie, she sounds like an amazing woman :heartbeat:

Brilliant news about Joe Molly.

Bridge, this is for you; F*ck That: An Honest Meditation - YouTube

Just spat my tea....f*ck that....
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
      Hello grouchy bum and all before her.

Molly that is without a doubt the worst workplace story I have ever heard. Pure disgusting that is. I'm afraid if I don't do this I will hate myself and end up with colon cancer. NOBODY has any guts over there. I seem to have spent all of my days for 5 years taking the piss out of the place loudly as a way of drawing attention to the inequities and I'm tired of it. They won't listen to what I say but they might have to pay attention to what I do.

Going to have a proper read back but before I do; you don't have anything to feel guilty about Techie. You clearly love your Mum and all of your family and have a great deal of compassion and empathy for them. You are a good son, and she will know that.
      You sound so similar to me about my workplace -- well no -- it's not my 'workplace' -- that's fine -- but it's the decisions that are made in HQ that affect us - the absolute disdain they treat everyone but themselves -- I haven't always felt like this - but like you - it's the last few years -- it's disgusting... these self important but extraordinarily incompetent women -- with no compassion or kindness between them - and yes it's all women -- and unfortunately -- YES - I think it IS because it's all women -- I think a mix of the sexes would keep order better.. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do anything -- I hope you are xx
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Thank you for everything, Army xoxo
        “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
          I’m ashamed that I didn’t have the courage, or perhaps enough love to help her transition. I’m punishing myself for that.
          Excuse my woolly brain. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] I'm a tad confused. What transition do you mean with regard to your Mam ?
          Your Mam and indeed that whole generation are so very resilient and much more pragmatic when it comes to change, death or hardship than us. And the generation coming next ? ..... well that's another story. Though the pandemic will have taught a few lessons on what is important I'm sure.
          She sounds like a great lady and she will let go when she is good & ready young man

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
            You sound so similar to me about my workplace -- well no -- it's not my 'workplace' -- that's fine -- but it's the decisions that are made in HQ that affect us - the absolute disdain they treat everyone but themselves -- I haven't always felt like this - but like you - it's the last few years -- it's disgusting... these self important but extraordinarily incompetent women -- with no compassion or kindness between them - and yes it's all women -- and unfortunately -- YES - I think it IS because it's all women -- I think a mix of the sexes would keep order better.. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do anything -- I hope you are xx
            Isnt that so strange Molly. We have 1 department that is mostly women and they can be lethal (not HR). Its top down though, for some reason some women think they need to be ball breakers to progress their career. That said, our CEO is female and is fabulous, compassionate and inspiring.

Tomorrow is D day. All the kids are back in school :bigwave:
            Last edited by IamMary; April 11, 2021, 05:00 PM.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              Excuse my woolly brain. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] I'm a tad confused. What transition do you mean with regard to your Mam ?
              Your Mam and indeed that whole generation are so very resilient and much more pragmatic when it comes to change, death or hardship than us. And the generation coming next ? ..... well that's another story. Though the pandemic will have taught a few lessons on what is important I'm sure.
              She sounds like a great lady and she will let go when she is good & ready young man
              I wanted to help her let go to pass peacefully. To be with my dad, my brother, and my sister. Thanks for asking!
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                I've found that HR is mainly comprised of women Molly. And not always particularly nice ones. I don't know whether it's just in this country or the particular organisations that I've experienced but they seem to take pleasure in controlling and manipulating people as if we are 'things'.

Nursing was the same. Too many women all working together I always thought. Then a male nurse would come along and be treated so differently (better) it just disgusted me.

You are very brave to get yourself out there every day [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. I'm not sure I'd have the strngth but I'm so glad that you have.

How is grumpy bum JC today? I will leave you some protein balls in the kitch. They always give me extra strength to rip a few new arseholes.
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                  Tomorrow is D day. All the kids are back in school :bigwave:
                  Yay!!! Peace and quiet!!!
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning! No not even talking bout HR ...they are shitholes by default...no ..I'm talking about our senior management....management is a joke...there are only less than 100 of us in libraries and tbh they truly couldn't organise a ride in a brothel...treating adults like bold school children just because they can...you speak out and you're transferred to the arse end of nowhere...

Lovely morning here..car getting organised for NCT...

Comment

Morning and sleep well underoos.
                      Had to have a look to see what we're allowed to do as of today........
                      What can you do from 12 April? How Covid rules are changing today under step 2 of England lockdown roadmap
                      Haven't a clue what they're doing in Wales, Scotland or NI and tbh haven't a clue what England are doing. I don't want to go to a zoo and I can't play golf and I've managed to cut my own fringe with my sewing scissors and we don't know 6 people that would want to sit in a baltic back garden.

Would you belive I have a covid bag............its got hand wash, masks, more hand wash that I grab as I go out the front door.

Anyhoo we've got some good news..............our lovely godson is going to be a Daddy in October/early November. I'm very close to his mum as she's my goddaughter as well as being the best cousin anyone could have.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...........good luck with the NCT. I'm so happy that at my last job there were only four of us and we just got on with what needed to be done.

I may spend today looking at mother of the bride outfits and hats. I know, I know its not until August 2022.........but I need to be ready.
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Just a quick check in to say good night. Bet you did not know yourself today Mary, were they delighted to be back? Think you should start hat shopping JC, we need a bit of excitement. Long day, need bed and my book for a little while.

Comment

Morning just,
                          Very quiet around these parts.
                          Didn't get round to looking at hats............its hard when you've got a dog on your lap. Typical dog with absolutely no idea of personal space and I wouldn't have it any other way.
                          He's casting his winter coat and there are tufts of white fluff.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My goodness it is quiet...I'm feeling a bit meh....wonder do we all feel meh together?

Comment

Hello all. Yes a bit meh ish but thats just cos I am working I think. We have all been enrolled in courses to learn how to treat our customers now. Cue eyeroll.

Mainly helping support the olds to start sorting the Aunts possessions. Off up there on Thursday to clean the house and get it ready for sale. Funeral is next Monday. Mr S who is a part time delivery driver for Tesco and been there 5 mins gets 3 days bereavement leave and I dont even get asked who the funeral is for when I book my annual leave. Cue another eyeroll

Comment

Evening everyone. Yea bit of the meh going around. That’s crazy Starty, nice that you are able to help the olds, very hard on them. That’s one of the reasons I would not like to live to be very old, horrible seeing all your friends and family pass on ahead of you.

Finished my working week. Ran out of wool for the blanket I am making so have to wait until it arrives. Going for a walk on the beach tomorrow, first time in months. Something to look forward to.

Comment

Working...
                                X