Army August 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION].............ahh Techie you really sound down. I know you love the outdoors so this must be harder than most. Just let it all out here if you need to..........we won't have the answers but we know how to listen.
    I'm quite happy when I've got my knitting or crochet or the blinking British Bulldog tapestry (it was our first dog when were knee-high) I'm trying to finish for my brother's 60th birthday in October. I'm an indoor person. Mind you living in the North of England we rarely get extreme weather. Its crap all year round. We do have the odd hot days and wander around looking surprised and slightly puzzled.
    I'm so sorry about Mrs T's friend.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all,
      I'm sorry to hear about all of that Techie. I'm sure that losing her friend has rattled Mrs T no end.
      Welcome to [MENTION=4918]Leanwolf[/MENTION] I hope you'll stick around and join in.

For reasons that I will never fathom, an idiot that I used to work with in my last team 'dropped in' to my house yesterday bearing wine and chocolate.
      A We're in hard lockdown and she can't come here
      B She didn't mask up!
      C I don't drink and she knows that
      D I am a sugar addict
      E How the hell did she know where I live? (and yes I did ask her)

So she and her idiot husband decided to do the rounds dropping off these things to various people. I just despair.

Hope your back is on the mend Mers.

And I REALLY hope that YS is on a winning streak here.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all, happy 7am hangover free Sunday morning, seize the day.
        Bridge I am sure her heart was in the right place, the mind boggles though.
        Off out shortly to meet a friend for a nice long walk followed by some good coffee. Beats being stuck to the pillow at 11am with a mouth like a camels armpit any day, yeah I know they don’t have armpits but you get my drift.
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB) View Post
          Morning all, happy 7am hangover free Sunday morning, seize the day.
          Bridge I am sure her heart was in the right place, the mind boggles though.
          Off out shortly to meet a friend for a nice long walk followed by some good coffee. Beats being stuck to the pillow at 11am with a mouth like a camels armpit any day, yeah I know they don’t have armpits but you get my drift.
          Amen to that Tabs, that feeling never grows old. Enjoy your walk, raining here but I might get out later. Morning everyone else.

Idiots Bridget, probably bored at home and used it as an excuse to justify being out when they should not be.

Sorry about Mrs Techies friend, stuff like that rattles you.

Comment

Morning all! Sun arriving here in North Dublin lads - so hold yer breath down there in the hills it's probably going your way ;-)
            Those wildfires all over the world it seems now sound absolutely shocking... the pictures of Greece are so sad -- ancient historical sites under threat as well -- not sure if they've saved them --- at the rate climate change is happening I guess it could get us before Covid at this stage. Thankful for our temperate climate here in Ireland -- it'll be a while before we warm up to that extent -- but imo undoubtedly there is evidence of it here -- summers warmer each year... lovely if it just stayed that way -- no wish for those appalling temperatures a lot of you experience. Thinking of you Techie - you are in the wars xx

Super Duper news yesterday -- youngest and his partner are expecting another baby... I'm so happy for them -- the first wee one was VERY unplanned -- and having said that - he fell passionately in love with her from the day she was born -- but it'll be lovely to be able to enjoy the pregnancy together this time... so yeah -- #6 on the way --- and that's with one of them not producing yet!!

Can't believe the stupidity of that workmate Bridge -- ridiculous beyond ridiculous -- I would still be reluctant to just land on someone's doorstep even tho nearly the whole country is vaccinated... stupid woman

How's the back Mary? so debilitating -- and it can feel like 'this is it till I die' -- but I'm sure it'll clear up:heartbeat:

Hi to everyone else -- wondering about Fickle and Starty and Stirly and many more -- just drop in and say hi? xx
            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
              Morning all! Sun arriving here in North Dublin lads - so hold yer breath down there in the hills it's probably going your way ;-)
              Those wildfires all over the world it seems now sound absolutely shocking... the pictures of Greece are so sad -- ancient historical sites under threat as well -- not sure if they've saved them --- at the rate climate change is happening I guess it could get us before Covid at this stage. Thankful for our temperate climate here in Ireland -- it'll be a while before we warm up to that extent -- but imo undoubtedly there is evidence of it here -- summers warmer each year... lovely if it just stayed that way -- no wish for those appalling temperatures a lot of you experience. Thinking of you Techie - you are in the wars xx

Super Duper news yesterday -- youngest and his partner are expecting another baby... I'm so happy for them -- the first wee one was VERY unplanned -- and having said that - he fell passionately in love with her from the day she was born -- but it'll be lovely to be able to enjoy the pregnancy together this time... so yeah -- #6 on the way --- and that's with one of them not producing yet!!

Can't believe the stupidity of that workmate Bridge -- ridiculous beyond ridiculous -- I would still be reluctant to just land on someone's doorstep even tho nearly the whole country is vaccinated... stupid woman

How's the back Mary? so debilitating -- and it can feel like 'this is it till I die' -- but I'm sure it'll clear up:heartbeat:

Hi to everyone else -- wondering about Fickle and Starty and Stirly and many more -- just drop in and say hi? xx

Oh that’s wonderful Molly. Love hearing happy news with all the doom and gloom that is going on. Yea lot of MIAs, although Stirly did pop back not that long ago.

Comment

Morning and waves to the world.
                [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............what lovely news to wake up to. Congratulations to the parents in waiting.

Poignant day for me. My Dad would have been 100 years old today had he not shuffled off when he was 75.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

God....just worked it back...my dad would be 110!!! never think about those things till someone mentions them...morning!

Comment

It only struck me when I was shifting stuff from downstairs to upstairs.....I've got his school photo framed, he must have been about 10 when it was taken.
                    Its also my cousin's twins' 11th birthday today.....we've always called them the Boston Babes.....hard to believe these teeny tiny twins, six weeks early weighing at around 3 and half pounds have grown into gigantic pre-teenage girls.
                    And tomorrow is the S&H's and his missus second wedding anniversary. Seems like yesterday.
                    And with Jenny getting married next August........seems everything happens in August.

Just watching the closing of the Olympics........I'm going to miss it. Although Mr. JC is delighted as it means the football season starts.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post

Just watching the closing of the Olympics........I'm going to miss it. Although Mr. JC is delighted as it means the football season starts.
                      Oh so am I -- tho I have to say the closing ceremony is the most pointless looking 'spectacle' in the lifetime of television... huge big stadium and a few straggling athletes hanging around... I've enjoyed the running and jumping tho -- and sadly football season sort of means the summer is coming to an end.. I usually like the cooler fresher weather.. but the poxy dog takes fright when there's a wind or a bit of drizzle... fright my ass -- Joe has him spoilt rotten when I'm at work - then I have to fend him off at the weekends....it's like an invasion!!!
                      Didn't know Jenny was getting married -- good for her.... less good for you I guess -- more hats and shite huh?? ;-)

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............it was September 2020 we knew....the rest of the family found out Nov 2020.
                        Sadly Ads son has a life-limiting condition so they wanted to get married while he's still with us. He's only 7 now and unlikely to see his teens. He's going to be the best man.

I'm smiling that you've got a dog that's supposed to be fierce and strong and is scared of the wind and bad weather and we've got a dog that eats bees. Wonder if he'll poop honey?
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]..............it was September 2020 we knew....the rest of the family found out Nov 2020.
                          Sadly Ads son has a life-limiting condition so they wanted to get married while he's still with us. He's only 7 now and unlikely to see his teens. He's going to be the best man.

I'm smiling that you've got a dog that's supposed to be fierce and strong and is scared of the wind and bad weather and we've got a dog that eats bees. Wonder if he'll poop honey?
                          Oh that's so sad...the poor lad..and poor Ads...I feel for them...and poor Jenny..it's hard on the partner too..often under appreciated xx
                          Ah Mr hard man Max....he'd flee if a wasp went near him...mind you..he did eat a hair band of mine and Joe had to errrmmm pull it out when half ejected d'other end:egad:
                          He is calming down a bit PTL.

But I still can't ABIDE doggy smell..spend my life scrubbing :-((((
                          Last edited by mollyka; August 8, 2021, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Super Duper news yesterday -- youngest and his partner are expecting another baby...

Great news Molls -!!

I would still be reluctant to just land on someone's doorstep even tho nearly the whole country is vaccinated...
                            Even without Covid I hate just 'dropping in' on someone ...... 'cos I'd hate it to be done to me. Just a little notice would be nice ..... to hide the bodies
                            In Ireland that's more a country (rural) thing - not done so much in cities. So in our house country boy / city girl we don't agree on this one.

MrS is always dropping in here & dropping in there. Or at least talking about doing it.
                            And just don't get me started on when a neighbour dies or even when the neighbour's long lost granny dies he's wanting to knock on the door & have tea FFS !!
                            I KNOW I'm an odd-ball.

@stirlygirly I hope all is ok over there in Athens ? Those fires are shocking. Please check in.:heart:

Comment

Arvo all,
                              I absolutely hate the drop-in and always did. I'd never do it to anyone else. Particularly with this individual who is not quite sitting square on the nest, I deliberately kept my contact details away from her. Anyway, too late now but I won't be answering the door again.

JC, I had no idea that Jenny's step child was in that situation. How perfectly horrible. Poor little love.

SO glad that you've got a little grandchild coming Molly. Like Rusters says, let's hang on to some good news for a change.
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning and waves to the underooos and those across the pond,
                                Just a quickie as I have a strange man in the house..............its Mr. JC and he's got 3 days off and they're holiday days..............not just traipsing me around for my eyeballs and other medical crap days.

The wee man I was talking about is starting a new school in September and Jenny & Ads are finding it hard to get him out of his school uniform. He's never had one before and is overexcited he wants to wear it every day.

Today is reclaiming the small bedroom back day and we're going out for lunch.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X