Army August 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army August 2021

[QUOTE=Finally accepting I will never drink again and taking it completely off of the menu has enriched my existence beyond words, I wish it were easier to share this with people who are struggling, as was I for so many years, but it’s beautifully simple when you finally ‘get it’.[/QUOTE]

Good morning Tabs and all to come. Think you should post that over in the Tool box, it truly is wonderful when you finally get it.

Like you I took today off work. Just back from long walk in the woods with my friend and the doggies. First time in two weeks and I missed it.

Lots of housework awaits but think I will have another cuppa and maybe read for a while. Have my priorities right.

Comment

It’s not that I don’t like my job or that I am lazy, just I no longer wish to trade my limited valuable time on this mortal coil for money that will mostly be spent useless material goods I don’t actually ‘need’.
      This is the bit I like. So true - but I would feel 'wasted' at home Tabbers so I look on the Nursing Home job as my giving back. Making a difference to someone's day no matter how small.
      I know I get paid but but the salary is so shite - it may as well be voluntary.
      PLUS in a crowd of 80+ - I'm a youngone :haha:

I suppose any customer-facing job is the same - like Molls and the library chatting away to old and lonely folk & probably the day's highlight .....
      Last edited by satz123; August 14, 2021, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Morning and waves to the undies and to those over the pond,
        I go back to my volunteering in October............its a wee library. I've just got my days.............wee problem I've already asked for time off already as we're going to the Yorkshire Dales for a week..........in October.

Nothing else happening apart from the freezer that's making odd noises. To cut a long story short got Mr. JC to ring the firm again that we got it from and they've moved us to Monday instead of Thursday.

Can my life get any more exciting?
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
          Morning and waves to the undies and to those over the pond,
          I go back to my volunteering in October............its a wee library. I've just got my days.............wee problem I've already asked for time off already as we're going to the Yorkshire Dales for a week..........in October.

Nothing else happening apart from the freezer that's making odd noises. To cut a long story short got Mr. JC to ring the firm again that we got it from and they've moved us to Monday instead of Thursday.

Can my life get any more exciting?
          Afternoon JC and Satz. Your life probably mirrors a lot of people’s at the moment JC. Glad you are going back to your volunteering job. Wet day here today, up early helping daughter with her horse so going to have a lazy one, reading and crocheting. Chauffeuring later so might have a nana nap too. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

I go back to my volunteering in October............its a wee library. I've just got my days.
            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] great to hear Jacks. The world needs someone like you out there :heart:
            Even though you're working you'll love the sense of 'freedom' it'll give you.
            What about Mikey ??????? :egad:

Comment

Hi all, busy couple of days, hard to get on here i the evening
              bridge, we had a large family of mice about 2 months ago, nightmare! Traps with peanut butter in every nook and cranny got the all eventually. The cats were useless!!!

Presume its delta the brother has. They wont do official tests, just antigen tests themselves. They seem to be over the hump, but had a rough few days and likely played it down as well - they were not vaccinated and still stand by this, despite the turn that this could have taken for them.

Great that your getting back to the library [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!
              Last edited by IamMary; August 14, 2021, 05:59 PM.
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning lovelies,
                After doing the big shop............we called in on the newest Mr & Mrs JC. They've just celebrated their two-year anniversary last week..............got home and I went down like a ton of bricks with a tummy upset. Of course the first thing I think most people check if its one of the symptoms of covid and luckily the trots aren't a symptom and I've been vaccinated.
                To be honest I think its stress............I hate,detest, abhor work people in the house and we've got the painter all next week and Monday ...............between 8:55am and noon........ someone's coming to fix our freezer.

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] great to hear Jacks. The world needs someone like you out there :heart:
                Even though you're working you'll love the sense of 'freedom' it'll give you.
                What about Mikey ??????? :egad:
                Its only half days........I don't start 'til 10 am and finish at 1 pmish. I'll be out of the house five hours max depending on public transport. We know when he's in a sulk now................he lies under the dining room table. We used to tease him out with doggie treats but he cottoned onto to that within 3 weeks so we ignore him now or he'd be the size of a baby elephant by now.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola Army. Regarding my post several weeks ago about weird symptoms since second vaccination. I can now report that Mrs Techie is positive for SARS Covid 2 antibodies. It appears she is a long hauler and suffering the same as mentioned previously. Me, I still have brain fog, lethargy, and strange body aches. Lots of throat congestion for weeks now. Also, I have zero interest in running, biking, or swimming which is extremely unusual for moi. I will have a blood draw Tuesday morning. So, I am sending out loving thoughts and prayers to all those in need. Have a great day. Blessings x
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                    Its only half days........I don't start 'til 10 am and finish at 1 pmish. I'll be out of the house five hours max depending on public transport. We know when he's in a sulk now................he lies under the dining room table. We used to tease him out with doggie treats but he cottoned onto to that within 3 weeks so we ignore him now or he'd be the size of a baby elephant by now.
                    Afternoon all. Lol JC, We could also have a baby elephant, I swear food goes straight from the air into the lab/retrievers tummy. Don’t think he tastes anything but bribery with food works every time. Mikey will be fine for a few hours. Hard to believe it is two years ago since you were hat buying, how time flies.

Your brother and family were lucky Mary, it could have gone the other way. Looks like this is something we are going to have to live with and I am happy to have any protection I can get.

Another not so nice day here but I managed to get a nice walk and am going to watch some crap Netflix, it is that type of day.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                      Hola Army. Regarding my post several weeks ago about weird symptoms since second vaccination. I can now report that Mrs Techie is positive for SARS Covid 2 antibodies. It appears she is a long hauler and suffering the same as mentioned previously. Me, I still have brain fog, lethargy, and strange body aches. Lots of throat congestion for weeks now. Also, I have zero interest in running, biking, or swimming which is extremely unusual for moi. I will have a blood draw Tuesday morning. So, I am sending out loving thoughts and prayers to all those in need. Have a great day. Blessings x
                      Cross posted there Techie. Sorry to hear about all you are going through. You are in my thoughts and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        I'm so sorry Techie and for Mrs Techie......it is so different from your usual self. We're used to you doing all sorts of dangerous daring deeds. Sending you love and light.:hug:

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]......Labs and retrievers are food hoovers.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

POST BELOW I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS MORNING ....... I'LL JUST LEAVE IT HERE ....

Morning :checkin:

Although I'm working this weekend - I made a pact with myself to come on here & talk about living a sober life.
                          It was reading the day to day shenanigans of Jacks, Molls, Oney, Starty, Tabbers, Mick & all those other colourful characters that posted in the Army that helped me get sober.
                          In those days people came on here to post both sober & not-so-sober - the contrast was clear to be seen. The life without alcohol was the one I wanted.
                          So I owe it to MWO to hang on.
                          But ........ I fear the Army thread is dying. Alcohol & our battles with it are rarely mentioned. There is no discussion - no debate. No airing of different views.

I miss the old days .......
                          Anyone lurking please check in and let us know how you are getting on ?
                          No judgement here folks ..... how could there be ?

Just gis a wave : :bricks:

Comment

Good morning everyone!

Satz I miss the old times too. So much camaraderie and many in a similar boat. Now it kind of feels like Ive been there and done that. Life ticks along as normal and as everyone here is long term sober, there is nothing much to add or so it feels. The minutiae of my life doesnt seem to be worth posting about to me. I do read, obviously or I wouldnt have seen this :haha: In a nutshell, I am sober, Mr S is sober and we tick along mostly enjoying a fairly easy life and wondering what retirement will bring so not a whole lot to talk about really and certainly nothing that I feel anyone else would be remotely interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                              Good morning everyone!

Satz I miss the old times too. So much camaraderie and many in a similar boat. Now it kind of feels like Ive been there and done that. Life ticks along as normal and as everyone here is long term sober, there is nothing much to add or so it feels. The minutiae of my life doesnt seem to be worth posting about to me. I do read, obviously or I wouldnt have seen this :haha: In a nutshell, I am sober, Mr S is sober and we tick along mostly enjoying a fairly easy life and wondering what retirement will bring so not a whole lot to talk about really and certainly nothing that I feel anyone else would be remotely interested in.
                              Good to see you Starty - I've been pondering on what Benjy posted there and didn't have the words really - but I think you've put it in a nutshell for me.. alcohol is as irrelevant to me now as nappies for babies -- it's history - it's gone -- is that arrogant? maybe... I'll always be an addict --but I can't imagine talking about it day in day out -- of course I miss the craic - and I s'pose we all sort of felt we were the 'inventors' of sobriety back then - it was so fresh -- and SO important --
                              I may have had a fleeting thought over the last few years -- what would happen if I REALLY had a drama -- an upset - a shocking situation -- would I default to craving booze -- I got my answer when Joe was so sick earlier in the year -- never ever ONCE crossed my mind - (would have killed for a cigarette) -- so yeah -- my life day to day is shocking boring -- no one in their right mind would be interested in it... should I come here to 'pay back' or support? There's virtually no one on the whole site who isn't relatively long term sober -- and I'll be honest -- over the years I've tried supporting folks - but I can honestly say - not once did I feel I made the slightest bit of difference -
                              So -- I'm tired old and boring... with sod all to say -
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                                Good to see you Starty - I've been pondering on what Benjy posted there and didn't have the words really - but I think you've put it in a nutshell for me.. alcohol is as irrelevant to me now as nappies for babies -- it's history - it's gone -- is that arrogant? maybe... I'll always be an addict --but I can't imagine talking about it day in day out -- of course I miss the craic - and I s'pose we all sort of felt we were the 'inventors' of sobriety back then - it was so fresh -- and SO important --
                                I may have had a fleeting thought over the last few years -- what would happen if I REALLY had a drama -- an upset - a shocking situation -- would I default to craving booze -- I got my answer when Joe was so sick earlier in the year -- never ever ONCE crossed my mind - (would have killed for a cigarette) -- so yeah -- my life day to day is shocking boring -- no one in their right mind would be interested in it... should I come here to 'pay back' or support? There's virtually no one on the whole site who isn't relatively long term sober -- and I'll be honest -- over the years I've tried supporting folks - but I can honestly say - not once did I feel I made the slightest bit of difference -
                                So -- I'm tired old and boring... with sod all to say -
                                Your last line made me laff I agree. I will always be an addict, probably always have a thought in the back of my mind but have also dipped a toe in and know for sure, my best life (whatever that is) is a sober one. I agree, helping folk who are not committed is time wasting. If they are committed they will do what we did and find their own support/way of doing stuff. Now if someone asked, I would be there. That has happened once in my life so I am not holding my breath that it will happen again any time soon :haha:

Comment

Working...
                                X