Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January Army 2022

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    is it bodyslim that you and rustop are with? My sister and her hubby started today.
    Yes Mers. A combination of that and just stopped messing. I was not at all happy with MOB photos in July.
    Gym 3 times a week to get strong bones & make my skin fit my body better :haha:

I hope it helps them Mers - the first time you do it is the best imo. So tell them to just do as he says. Bet the male does better 'cos we women always look for a way
    around things to cheat the system .....

Why are you not surprised by your hearing going ? You're only a yung yung ?

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      Morning all..just 3 days Mary...Covid has a lot to answer to...it's like a 5 star hotel in there....every station on the tele...3 smashing meals a day and luxurious bed changes shape at press of button...luverly luxurious 5 days the last time:welldone:
      Off for my early shift now then finished till March...yay!

Laters all xx
      Jesus Molls :egad: what hopsil is that ?
      MrS was home after a day from Santry Sports Clinic

Comment

Good morning everyone

Thinking of you this morning JC, hope it helps. Guess it’s a combination of Covid and cut backs Molly, make the most of being waited on, even if it is only the 3 days. You will be a new woman facing your retirement. They sound like a nice bunch at work and am sure you will miss it but there are advantages and disadvantages to everything.

Have painted my sunroom pistachio Satz and himself hates it. He’s half the problem, we have very different tastes so it’s hard to find a compromise.

Right off to do my grocery shop, laters.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
          Have painted my sunroom pistachio Satz and himself hates it. He’s half the problem, we have very different tastes so it’s hard to find a compromise.
          Same here Rusters. But it's a medical fact that most men are colourblind.
          In fact I think a lot of things for men are just black & white
          Not a bad things sometimes.
          e.g. the example of the diet Mers' SIL & BIL are on.
          Man "I'm on a diet I'll do what I'm told"
          Woman : "ah sure one won't kill me "

MrS insisted on GREY on the window sills with brown windows. Jesus it looked like an undercoat. Awful. Now we have a wishy washy beidgey colour ..... 'cos I couldn't be bothered with trying to convince him.

Just looking at colour charts I realised over the years that he sees colours totally differently to me. Add to that we won't wear his glasses :harhar:
          Last edited by satz123; January 20, 2022, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Bit of TV then bedtime..............I start my counseling tomorrow morning and I've got a nervous knot in my stomach.
            [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Hope it all goes well for you today. It's natural to be nervous.
            Treat it as anticipation not nerves. Will probably be one of the best thing you ever do.
            You are a strong, intelligent, kind woman. You are going through all this without taking to the bottle again so hold your head up & put on your big girl knickers.

You love to talk so get yapping :hug:

Comment

Morning

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
              [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Hope it all goes well for you today. It's natural to be nervous.
              Treat it as anticipation not nerves. Will probably be one of the best thing you ever do.
              You are a strong, intelligent, kind woman. You are going through all this without taking to the bottle again so hold your head up & put on your big girl knickers.

You love to talk so get yapping :hug:
              Thankyou.............that's made me feel better.

Especially as I've sat in a quiet place with a glass of water and notebook just like it says in the letter and after an hour waiting I thought I'd ring them .....................Its tomorrow not today.. So I cried. I feel a proper tool.

My ear man says he's finding younger people loosing some of their hearing as we listen to our music a lot louder than previous generations. You can't head bang to Glenn Miller.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] :hug:
                we've all done stupid things - hairspray for deodorant ? or visa versa.
                I tried to be clever the other day where I walk Rosie & do a 3 point turn in a narrow country lane - hit a large hidden rock. Two shagging men gawping at me doing it. Instead of giving in & stopping - I just kept going & ripped off the bumper. Luckily it was a clean rip & cost only €30 to fix.
                - not that you are stupid - just did a stupid thing
                ok I'll stop digging.

My ear man says he's finding younger people loosing some of their hearing as we listen to our music a lot louder than previous generations. You can't head bang to Glenn Miller.
                I HATE noise - always have. I get very agitated if more than one noise or voice to concentrate on.
                Is that why I can hear the grass growing ?

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                  Why are you not surprised by your hearing going ? You're only a yung yung ?
                  Because Im constantly saying 'what, say that again, come down here, I cant hear you from up there' and so on.. its only slight and I wouldnt ever have known only that I do routine tests every year.
                  Not big into blaring music in my ears [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], but I do like my audible book. Thats s :happy2 annoying about the session! hope tomorrow is even better than today would have been :happy2:

3 days would do me Molly, wonder if I need a new hip.

Starting to obsess about painting too. My dad was hear earlier, theyve decided to panel their sitting room, so this could be interesting. Mr M will give them a hand. Has me thinking though.. paneling

Good interview on the radio today about addiction here
                  AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Ah here....I'm laughin at myself...about to moan about noise and now I'm genuinely in mourning for MeatLoaf....a REAL artist and musician...good Christ do the young'uns have ANY idea of the shite they call music now...(Yup sound like my mother):yay:
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Ah here....I'm laughin at myself...about to moan about noise and now I'm genuinely in mourning for MeatLoaf....a REAL artist and musician...good Christ do the young'uns have ANY idea of the shite they call music now...(Yup sound like my mother):yay:
                      Morning everyone

RIP Meatloaf, loved him, always reminds me of my college days.

Good luck this morning JC, hope it helps.

I have been thinking of panelling for hall but as I don’t have a DIYr in the house, think it can be expensive to have it done professionally and then I would need lights done differently. Hmm, have so much I’d like done, don’t know where to start. Think I’ll buy a pot of paint and just start in bedroom.

Seems we are opening up again today. Numbers are still very high so I think I’ll keep doing what I’m doing for another while.

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Good interview on the radio today about addiction here
                        Heard that yesterday Mary - a great interview - thanks for posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                          Seems we are opening up again today. Numbers are still very high so I think I’ll keep doing what I’m doing for another while.
                          Yes Rusters. Dunno about a 'free for all' - I just think it's not gone.
                          10k cases yesterday that we know about. I'd say the same again not reported.
                          The pubs & nightclubs are a particular worry - ...... but the pressure is HUGE from the Vintners' Association.

Comment

RIP Meatloaf...............got to see him about 18 years ago and he didn't half put a show on. First time the S&H ( think he was about 14) saw a proper rocker and showman.

Absolutely fab conversation with the counselor. Spilling your guts to a stranger has left me exhausted. I'm going the CBT way. She was lovely. I've spent the last couple of weeks thinking I was a fraud. It was nice to find out that I am officially bonkers.
                            I've got a heap of stuff to fill in. Then I'll e-mail it to her.
                            Next appointment next Friday.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..................you could have something there.
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                              RIP Meatloaf...............got to see him about 18 years ago and he didn't half put a show on. First time the S&H ( think he was about 14) saw a proper rocker and showman.

Absolutely fab conversation with the counselor. Spilling your guts to a stranger has left me exhausted. I'm going the CBT way. She was lovely. I've spent the last couple of weeks thinking I was a fraud. It was nice to find out that I am officially bonkers.
                              I've got a heap of stuff to fill in. Then I'll e-mail it to her.
                              Next appointment next Friday.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]..................you could have something there.
                              Delighted it was a 'fit' for you Jacks -- sounds like you're going the right direction -- when Covid is over will it be face to face? fecking HATE phones!

Had a lovely morning shopping for my new house (that we haven't got yet haha) -- love legitimately spending money and not feeling guilty about it!!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Delighted it was a 'fit' for you Jacks -- sounds like you're going the right direction -- when Covid is over will it be face to face? fecking HATE phones!
                                Thanks you. But its a pain in the backside doing it on the phone. I could be lying through my teeth, physical signs and facial signs are missed.

Anyway my phone has given in and died.................so we're off to get me a new one tomorrow.

Enjoy your shopping.

Oh and BTW there's a tribute to Meatloaf on BBC4.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X