Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January Army 2022

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
    (plus spending vouchers and returns is not real money).
    That's the attitude [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] ...... :welldone:

Comment

Felt bit blah since I got up this morning .... told my boss by text @11:30 she told me go home - @ 3.30 :egad: cudda been dead in that time !
      She's so flittery.
      I do wonder if she may have something - she's very 'vacant' & she can only communicate ( I use the word loosely) by phone.
      Can't do email or text more than 3 lines. If you send her a mail she'll always pick it up wrong, ring & say it was confusing ......

Anyhoos how are all you layabouts of a Sunda ?
      Last edited by satz123; January 2, 2022, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post

Anyhoos how are all you layabouts of a Sunda ?
        Well this layabout is okay -- nice day was had -- feet up now watching -- football -- the joys! Are you blah as in Covid or just blah?
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Kinda achy, chilly & tired .
          Could be d'Covid I suppose - may do an antigen test at home tomorrow.

In my leaba now off to zzzzzz

Nighty Night... :sleeping:

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Kinda achy, chilly & tired .
            Could be d'Covid I suppose - may do an antigen test at home tomorrow.

In my leaba now off to zzzzzz

Nighty Night... :sleeping:
            Well don't do the lidl ones, brother in law got 3 false positives and messed up Xmas for everyone!! Apparently lots of people were having the same result, then Pcr negative.
            That aside, hope your feeling ok and if covid, should pass quickly.
            Did the Germans go home?

Safe trip home for your daughter too Rustop.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,
              Nothing happening here............apart from we've got to go and buy some food.
              We use Lidl a lot and I've never noticed they sell kits.I applied to the NHS and got a box from them for nothing. Neither of us have had anywhere near any symptoms.
              Gawd its been a long Christmas...............Mr JC & I are sick to death of each other. He's back to work tomorrow and I've had enough of jolly fecking Christmas special TV shows.

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]......take care of yourself bonnie lass. Apart from Covid its also the season of flu, coughs and colds.
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - as one does after eating yer Ma out of house & home - the Germans went last week to Barbados for the delayed honeymoon .....
                This is not boasty boasty but check this out : not my cup of tea apart from walking out back door and you are ON the beach ...

SANDALS(R) Royal Barbados: All-Inclusive in St. Lawrence Gap

Comment

Oh I dunno I could suffer through that for couple of weeks!!
                  Howdy all..they are doubling the price of booze here in Ireland in offies and supermarkets...let's do a very unofficial poll....all welcome from all threads...when yiz were drinking if your costs of drinking doubled would it have changed anything? I know for sure it would have put a halt to my gallop..I could barely afford what I was doing...90% of the reason I quit smoking was the price...so yes..I would have had to quit...pity they didn't do this years and years ago

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
                    Oh I dunno I could suffer through that for couple of weeks!!
                    Howdy all..they are doubling the price of booze here in Ireland in offies and supermarkets...let's do a very unofficial poll....all welcome from all threads...when yiz were drinking if your costs of drinking doubled would it have changed anything? I know for sure it would have put a halt to my gallop..I could barely afford what I was doing...90% of the reason I quit smoking was the price...so yes..I would have had to quit...pity they didn't do this years and years ago
                    No price would not have influenced me to quit either wine or cigs.
                    See if this makes sense to anyone :
                    While smoking I KNEW I would have to stop at some stage I couldn't carry on killing myself. So I was always 'on the verge' of quitting. So price didn't bother me cos it wasn't forever. The same with duty free cigs - never bought them - knowing I would be quitting soon
                    The catalyst in the end was a honking cough first thing in the morning.

Alcohol was the same - never looked at the price - always 'on the verge' of changing my ways. I wanted it & I bought it. And sure I'll be quitting drinking at home soon .....

If you're addicted to something - you'll get the money somewhere.
                    Last edited by satz123; January 3, 2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Back from the airport after dropping my daughter off. Such a palaver, she queued for about a half an hour to get her test. Thankfully it was negative and she is now winging her way to Norway.

Wow that place looks amazing Satz, would not mind a few weeks in it myself. Hope you are feeling better today. How is your grandson Molly?

Don’t think the pricing would affect my drinking, bit like Satz I was always on the verge of giving it up. Back to work in the morning, I will be glad of the break away from this mad house.

Comment

Wouldn't have affected my drinking either,as Satz says would always have found the money somehow, have a great day Army
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow.
                          .i truly am amazed..i use to multiply my daily spend by 7 every week and i was horrified...at one stage o was spending 20 yoyo's a day 140 a week...my mortgage on this house was less than that...then double it!!!??? Nope I couldn't EVER have done it...and the only times I was ever about to give up was when I was horrified at what I was spending ( btw...I'm talking about my hidey drink) when Joe was still drinking and me officially...prolly double again...jeez I'd never have been able to retire!!

Comment

Ah the price of drink certainly doesn't affect us now .... apart from Government pretending to be worried about the health of the Great Unwashed ...
                            when we all know it's a farce and that doubling the price will double the taxes they get too ..... greedy bastards ...
                            Last edited by satz123; January 3, 2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Hola Army. Just dropped by to let you know that I’m a grandfather for the first time. Beautiful baby girl (name TBD) yesterday evening. Mom, dad, and little one all doing wonderfully. I’m just so happy right now. Of course, I cannot not see them due to the scourge. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Lovely news Techie
                                ..I wish them all health and happiness xx

Morning all..I agree Benjy...but have to say my first wander into booze section of supermarket before Christmas I was GOBSMACKED that booze was the same price if not cheaper than 10 years ago...something wrong with that when we're being screwed paying for everything else!

Comment

Working...
                                X