January Army 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January Army 2022

Night all..howdy MrsA....HNY lovely xx..sorry guys I will get back to proper posting..just so very busy and tired...xxx
    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Same here folks.
      I dragged myself out of the scratcher at 6:30 this morning & went to the gym.
      Got home & MrS & Rosie decided we should go for a hike to Wicklow.
      It was to Lough Dan. Fields, sheep, goats as you climb a bit then down into a valley. Come to a clearing & there is this tiny beach. It was beautiful there today. It was a very cold day but down there it was actually warm in the sun. Mad.

But now I'm fecked.....nighty night zzzzzzzzz

Dan 3.jpegdan 4.jpgDan 2.jpeg
      Last edited by satz123; January 5, 2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

That looks fantastic [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION].. I've dropped the kids to lough Dan many times over the years on scouting weekends, but Ive never explored. Must remind himself, he loves it.

When is the album out [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]? Is it a solo or are you part of a band (I think I should know this!). Tour is really exciting. All over Australia??

Glad your doing well [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]. Xx

Kids back on school tomorrow. IAMSOEXCITED.
        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all ......
          Welcome MrG - always nice to hear from you :heart:

All good here. YS is still sticking with it ...... we hear very little from him so hopefully he's embracing the whole thing down there in the 'quare place'.

I did see a difference in him as did my sister & niece who hadn't seen him in a while.
          He was calm, confident and joined in mundane games we were playing and enjoyed them.
          He has lost that 'jittery' thing he had where he was kind of edgy all the time even when sober.

It was a joy to behold.
          Last edited by satz123; January 6, 2022, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Morning,
            [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]...............looking good with your 'un. I'm really happy for you. I've regretted a lot in the past but giving up the drink was the best decision I have ever made and that's coming from a women who once opened a bottle of wine with a knitting needle.

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]..............glad you're feeling better. Must have been a shock thinking it was your ticker.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].................my daughter is less than delighted at the schools going back but she had to go. She's the teacher. She let me into a secret....................you know each class has a cupboard...............not only does it contain spare paper.............its a place where a teacher can bang their head off the wall and use fruity language when the class aren't behaving.

Weather update...............we've had some snow. Not a lot but looking at the clouds looks like there's a large dump coming.
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Would I curtail my drinking if the prices were doubled? I would drop down to a cheap beer, I guess. But what would the drinkers who are already drinking the cheapest beer do!? I guess the new law would only help discourage new people from getting into habitual drinking patterns.

I tried to open a bottle of wine with my teeth after the cork broke! Chipped my tooth too.
              Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Afternoon everyone

Good to see you Mr G and Slo. Beautiful pictures Satz, have a lot of happy memories of that place. Great news about young Satz.

Bet you are a happy camper today Mary. Assuming she’s negative daughter is going skiing in morning and SIL is back Saturday morning. Looking forward to having house to ourselves.

Working this afternoon and tomorrow until 3 pm. Could have done without it this week but it is what it is.

Comment

Good evening folks -- sorry for bein missing -- it has been atrocious at work -- so many out with close contacts and Covid positive and a few positive wasters -- who'll always latch onto ANY excuse to leave everyone else in the lurch -- 'oh I couldn't get a PCR test so I'll stay at home till I get one' -- all they need is a positive or negative antigen one.... ffs --- anyway -- home at a normal time today which was wonderful!

Hey Slo and Techie and MrG and all our visitors -- love to see ye around ....keeps the thread lovely and fresh and interesting.

Great news about young Satz Benjy --- long may it last..!!

Right -- going to get a cuppa and put the feet up --- talk later... sorry if I missed anything important -- it wasn't intentional -- just fussed this week

Comment

Hello All. Still trying to get well enough to drive over to the coast to visit our new granddaughter. The virus is fairly rampant over there so staying put is probably prudent. I just read about the new variant that has emerged in France. They are not sure about its potential to be problematic. BTW, if you get the flu and are diagnosed with COVID, they are calling it FLURONA. I kid you not.

What beautiful pics [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]. As a serial hiker myself, I’m sure I’d enjoy that area. In other news, my daughter left to return to Sweden to finish her Masters in Socio Linguistics. I miss her already as the time her flew by. Because of the huge snows (10+ feet) we were unable to ski or even hike around the giant sequoias which was disappointing. I hope to see her if our trip to Europe happens in May.

Have a beautiful day and stay safe out there. Blessings x
                    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Think everyone is having a busy week, knock on effects of covid.. I'm convinced by April we will be looking at the tail end of this. Going to book flights for the summer anyway.
                      Delighted to hear good news on YS [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]... hopefully he's making long life friends down there and all the connections and supports he needs for life ahead.
                      I don't envy Jenny [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Difficult enough in normal times.

Roll on Saturday Rustop!

Comment

Good morning everyone

Bit of the white stuff this morning but not much, big drop in temperature though. Did a 4 am drop off at the airport, daughter gone skiing, first holiday in 2 years. Going into work at 11 so it is a busy week.

Don’t envy Jenny either JC, as Mary said, difficult at the best of times. Right better get moving.

Comment

Morning..........been sat here like a right eejit waiting for the doctor to ring at 10:15.................re-read the text and its 12:15. Just a chat about how I'm going with my anti-depression tablets. Wonder if they have any pills or potions that'll help me read something properly. I feel a right eejit.

[MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]................that must be the most expensive bottle of wine ever.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION].............after saying Jenny has bad days she rang to say that she'd had the best day yesterday. She reckons its got a lot to do with the kids getting back to normal.

Get that holiday booked.............we need something to look forward to. My Aunt flew to the US before Chrimbo (to see her son and family out there) and actually flies back on her 80th birthday.
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening all - enjoying my last free day.
                            Back to work tomorrow.
                            1/2 the staff out with 1) Covid positive / 2) Covid maybe ( me granny had a cold 3 weeks ago - better get a test) / 3) Covid excuse for days off
                            All contagious .... :haha:
                            Last edited by satz123; January 7, 2022, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                              Evening all - enjoying my last free day.
                              Back to work tomorrow.
                              1/2 the staff out with 1) Covid positive / 2) Covid maybe ( me granny had a cold 3 weeks ago - better get a test) / 3) Covid excuse for days off
                              All contagious .... :haha:
                              Mmmm....like there's 14.4k folk out in the HSE???? Really? Didn't know that MANY worked in HSE

Pretty much everyone in my job who's out at the moment are the ones who skive regular like....coincidence?

Comment

Evening,
                                Problem is that you can't prove your a close contact. So if you havnt got your booster, that's 10 days restriction, which is bonkers. You could be a close contact for ever!! In other countries, its business as usual if you've no symptoms. But does that make the situation worse?

Loads of chat on the radio all day about raising the price of drink (I love working from home). Woman on Joe duffy admiting that she's probably an alcoholic but she's not planning on giving it up - retired, money not an issue so raising the price won't discourage her and nothing to get up early for, so she just drinks. I felt like recruiting her to the army!

Comment

Working...
                                X