Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: January Army 2022

Morning,

[MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION].................you haven't half been in the wars. Bet its something simple. The doctors will be all over you as all they've had to concentrate on is covid until recently now they're now gasping for someone with something different. You'll be treated like the queen you are.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]...............best of luck today.......actually you don't need luck the surgeons know what they're doing and enjoy the morphine. Funniest thing I've seen is Mr. JC who was up to his eyeballs on morphine when he had his done trying to hold a sensible conversation. My SIL and me were hanging off each other laughing. Luckily he remembers nothing.

So far with the new phone...............I know how to charge it and managed to get a ring tone.

We did go and look at bathrooms and a man that can is coming to measure up................but it'll be May before they'll get it fitted.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

All settled in in lap of luxury...dinner booked for tonight and going to have a wee rest now...awake since crack of dawn!!
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
        All settled in in lap of luxury...dinner booked for tonight and going to have a wee rest now...awake since crack of dawn!!
        Ah best wishes Miss Molly - enjoy the peace & quiet ......... you'll be like a pig in s*ite languishing there reading, lully drugs & eating all the goodies

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
          Apparently my actual windows arrive tomorrow.. I won’t hold my breath :cower:
          Did the actual windows arrive Mers ?
          Such a pane if they didn't :haha:
          Last edited by satz123; January 24, 2022, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
            Did the actual windows arrive Mers ?
            :welldone:
            Windows half in, 2 day job. can’t wait to have my house back, with no random men walking around looking for the loo. All v nice, but im finished being patient now.
            What did they say in the hospital [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION]?

Great post Molly.
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning,

Nothing to report from here. A proper dull, freezing day cold day in January.

Groan................but a good one.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning all

Moan Alert
                Feeling bleh last 2 days. Pains all over & really not in any mood to do anything.
                I think I'm bored if I'm honest .....
                Work is now only at weekends & the rest of the week each day just same as the next.
                I really think we need a purpose in life every day we wake up - otherwise what's the point ?

Heard a good book mentioned in an interview that struck a chord. I think I'll invest.

Age Proof: The New Science of Living a Longer and Healthier Life

Professor Rose Anne Kenny, Head of the department of Medical Gerontology at Trinity College Dublin
                Last edited by satz123; January 25, 2022, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Molly and Mary are now sorted, you are next Brit. Sorry to hear about what you have been going through and hope it is soon sorted.

How are you today Molly? Make the most of being waited on. Dull and grey here but at least it is not raining.

At work so this is quick check in on phone.

Comment

Afternoon

Cross posted there Satz. Don’t know about a sense of purpose for every day, I would gladly do nothing for a few days at least but certainly I think structure helps. I walk, 7 days a week, every morning. Either alone or with a friend for 3 or 4 of them. After that it’s shower, coffee, shopping, catch up with housework. Afternoons it’s reading, crochet, Pilates class. Time flies and I can honestly say I am never bored.

Thanks for the book recommendation. Reading Maureen Gaffneys, My one wild and wonderful life for my book club. Very good so far.

Comment

Hi all!

Bit less sore today but doing a lot of walking and physio and im absolutely knackered!
                      I think what you say below has something to do with our Mayo move...I don't want to work anymore...had enough of regimentation..but neither do I want to be bored..
                      I'm positively excited at the thought of a new undesigned garden...an empty house to be filled...a boat..etc..it literally is the first time I've been excited about anything really!
                      Morning all

Moan Alert
                      Feeling bleh last 2 days. Pains all over & really not in any mood to do anything.
                      I think I'm bored if I'm honest .....
                      Work is now only at weekends & the rest of the week each day just same as the next.
                      I really think we need a purpose in life every day we wake up - otherwise what's the point ?

Heard a good book mentioned in an interview that struck a chord. I think I'll invest.

Age Proof: The New Science of Living a Longer and Healthier Life

Professor Rose Anne Kenny, Head of the department of Medical Gerontology at Trinity College Dublin
                      Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                      Good morning everyone

Molly and Mary are now sorted, you are next Brit. Sorry to hear about what you have been going through and hope it is soon sorted.

How are you today Molly? Make the most of being waited on. Dull and grey here but at leas9t it is not raining.

At work so this is quick check in on phone.
                      I'm enjoying every minute of this too!! Just wish my hip didn't hurt!:applouse:

Right let us know how you are MrsA
                      Back to my book! Xx
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION]
                        Oh well done you - it's over. :hug:

I think what you say below has something to do with our Mayo move...I don't want to work anymore...had enough of regimentation..but neither do I want to be bored..
                        I'm positively excited at the thought of a new undesigned garden...an empty house to be filled...a boat..etc..it literally is the first time I've been excited about anything really!
                        Yeah Molls - I can see where that is exciting. All new & fresh. Blank canvas.

Comment

you are absolutely right [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION], having a sense of purpose and just being busy, keeps the head from overthinking. I found that was so important when i stopped drinking too..
                          Im at a different stage, so don’t have time to bless myself (aspiring to Rustops days!), but I’ve friends without kids or they’re grown up, don’t work and they do have a feeling of being unfulfilled.
                          Life is opening up now, there’s a million things you could throw your self into, groups, committees, charity’s , clubs. Or embrace the peace, give it a week and there will be some family/work/other drama and life will be balanced again.

You sound good Molly :welldone:
                          Last edited by IamMary; January 25, 2022, 06:40 PM.
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good morning everyone

How are the patients, Molly and Brit? Absolutely beautiful morning here, just back from a lovely walk. Met two of the most miserable looking hikers ever. Generally people are friendly and say good morning, especially on a nice day. This pair had faces that would turn milk sour, no pleasantries. They were heading towards the top of Maulin so hopefully the view cheered them up.

Off now to have my hair done, cannot believe it has been 7 weeks :egad:

Comment

Afternoon,
                              COPD check done and I'm doing good.

Mr. JC's Ma & Pa went on course for what to do in retirement before they retired......................... From playing bowls, reading to the blind to cruising up the Nile and more. We never saw the beggars.

I'm struggling with my first weeks 'homework' that I got from Talking Heads.. Had a bit of a weep as I just felt I'll never get out of this agoraphobia. I feel like Mr. JC is getting fed up but I can't unravel my brain to explain. I suppose that's why I've got a therapist I can talk my stuff through with.
                              I speak to her on Friday so we'll talk it through then.

Lovely to hear that you're getting there, Molls. Just go canny, bonnie lass.:hug:
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                                A

I'm struggling with my first weeks 'homework' that I got from Talking Heads.. Had a bit of a weep as I just felt I'll never get out of this agoraphobia. I feel like Mr. JC is getting fed up but I can't unravel my brain to explain.
                                My advice - keep it to yourself Jacks 'till you get your head around it . Answer if asked by MrJC but he probably feels helpless so keep it to you & your therapist for now.
                                Safe to say you are not alone in this. I've heard many stories of people who are suffering with agoraphobia since lockdowns were lifted.
                                I won't pretend to understand it either but it's not a madey-up condition I'm sure.…:hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X