X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tool box

where r you based????

I also would like to share my history but don,t know where do you live? M in London. ..
    If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

Comment

Tool box

Hello Claireinca, :welcome:

I love the name Claire!

How long will your brain and liver be back to normal? Well, a lot depends on how much you've been drinking and for how long. I'll tell you my story. My AL battle began in 2006 and in December, 2007, I had made an appt. for a complete physical with a brand-new doctor and she did Liver Panel Tests (LPT). Due to anxiety about the next day, I had binged on scotch the day before and when they took the LPTs, my enzyme levels were elevated. I quit drinking for a week and she checked my LPTs again on the 7th AF day. My levels were normal. I got a second opinion from another doctor and he said ANY drinking within 7 days of getting LPTs will have a negative impact on the test results.

As for your brain....I am not sure about how long it takes to recover.....but I am sure someone on MWO knows!

Strength and luck to you in your journey,

Rusty

Comment

Tool box

Hello Claireinca, :welcome:

I love the name Claire!

How long will your brain and liver be back to normal? Well, a lot depends on how much you've been drinking and for how long. I'll tell you my story. My AL battle began in 2006 and in December, 2007, I had made an appt. for a complete physical with a brand-new doctor and she did Liver Panel Tests (LPT). Due to anxiety about the next day, I had binged on scotch the day before and when they took the LPTs, my enzyme levels were elevated. I quit drinking for a week and she checked my LPTs again on the 7th AF day. My levels were normal. I got a second opinion from another doctor and he said ANY drinking within 7 days of getting LPTs will have a negative impact on the test results.

As for your brain....I am not sure about how long it takes to recover.....but I am sure someone on MWO knows!

Strength and luck to you in your journey,

Rusty

Comment

Tool box

Well, after I stopped heavy drinking and a 20 year addiction, 9 months later I still had elevated liver enzymes, but am happy to report that after my checkup yesterday, 21 months after quitting, liver is normal and all other blood work is "exceptionally good" as my doctor stated. However, I also eat very clean and exercise regularly.

Please hang in there everyone, it is so wonderful to be free and clean! After using the MWO supplements, MWO hypnosis CD's, the book by Allen Carr and regular visits here on my journey to quit, I have not had any cravings and in fact am totally averse to taking a drink. I consider alcohol a toxic poison and would no more put that in my body than arsenic. Tried a sip of wine to test myself about a year in, spat it out, the stuff is really nasty tasting once your body is clean. Can't even stand the smell of it anymore.

Lots of love to all and good luck on your journeys!!!

Miss Doodlebug
          Clean and sober in Louisiana
          :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Comment

Tool box

Well, after I stopped heavy drinking and a 20 year addiction, 9 months later I still had elevated liver enzymes, but am happy to report that after my checkup yesterday, 21 months after quitting, liver is normal and all other blood work is "exceptionally good" as my doctor stated. However, I also eat very clean and exercise regularly.

Please hang in there everyone, it is so wonderful to be free and clean! After using the MWO supplements, MWO hypnosis CD's, the book by Allen Carr and regular visits here on my journey to quit, I have not had any cravings and in fact am totally averse to taking a drink. I consider alcohol a toxic poison and would no more put that in my body than arsenic. Tried a sip of wine to test myself about a year in, spat it out, the stuff is really nasty tasting once your body is clean. Can't even stand the smell of it anymore.

Lots of love to all and good luck on your journeys!!!

Miss Doodlebug
            Clean and sober in Louisiana

Comment

Tool box

Very inspiring Miss Doodle. Still feel like no one could be as bad as me; about 3/4 days a week I've been drink avg. 30 drinks a week for a couple years now. I love the idea of tying the whole thing in to overall healthy clean living, food wise as well. Now that you are going on 2 years, can you pinpoint the 'thing' that made your effort stick? Thanks.
              From the Sanskrit prayer;

"....For yesterday is but a dream, and tomorrow is only a vision,
              But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

:catroll:
              determined to be AF

Comment

Tool box

Very inspiring Miss Doodle. Still feel like no one could be as bad as me; about 3/4 days a week I've been drink avg. 30 drinks a week for a couple years now. I love the idea of tying the whole thing in to overall healthy clean living, food wise as well. Now that you are going on 2 years, can you pinpoint the 'thing' that made your effort stick? Thanks.

But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a dream of hope."

determined to be AF

Comment

Tool box

Hey Baby! I know you can do it, and this is the place to find the tools!

I think the thing that made it "stick" for me was the book by Allen Carr, "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking." He makes you see that we have been duped into thinking alcohol is wonderful and tastes great when really it is a nasty, toxic poison.

When you really think about it, what kind of marketing genius has been able to sell us bottles of toxic rotten grain and fruit juice (that is what alcohol is made from) for hundreds of dollars a bottle?

Carr makes you think back to the time you took your first drink.. there were not many of us who did not think that beer or wine tasted horrible, yet forced ourselves to get used to it so we could be "grown up" and drink. He also makes you take alcohol and sip it straight and really taste it. Once you know the addictive poison for what it is, you won't want it anymore.

I would definitely recommend that book! Best luck to you.

Love, Doodlebug

Comment

Tool box

Hey Baby! I know you can do it, and this is the place to find the tools!

I think the thing that made it "stick" for me was the book by Allen Carr, "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking." He makes you see that we have been duped into thinking alcohol is wonderful and tastes great when really it is a nasty, toxic poison.

When you really think about it, what kind of marketing genius has been able to sell us bottles of toxic rotten grain and fruit juice (that is what alcohol is made from) for hundreds of dollars a bottle?

Carr makes you think back to the time you took your first drink.. there were not many of us who did not think that beer or wine tasted horrible, yet forced ourselves to get used to it so we could be "grown up" and drink. He also makes you take alcohol and sip it straight and really taste it. Once you know the addictive poison for what it is, you won't want it anymore.

I would definitely recommend that book! Best luck to you.

Love, Doodlebug

Comment

Tool box

Thank you Doodle! I will get that book asap. Not sure I will try the 'plain alcohol'; sometimes in my head - after reading so much about how it really is bad - I try to imagine if I would drink gasoline, or nail polish remover or some other horror just to get this 'buzz' and then keep pouring it in! I saw a 2nd cousin yesterday who I had not seen in 20 years. He's likely 54. He looked like an ancient man. His wife asked me if I thought he looked good - didn't understand? but he apparently is recouping from stage 4 head and throat cancer.... Poor guy. All I remember is his drinking all the time and smoking.... I am very motivated. Also, sounds like you only took supps, not any meds. I want to try that as well as I have tried them in the past and all have side affects. Thanks again..good Saturday - AF!

determined to be AF

Comment

Tool box

Thank you Doodle! I will get that book asap. Not sure I will try the 'plain alcohol'; sometimes in my head - after reading so much about how it really is bad - I try to imagine if I would drink gasoline, or nail polish remover or some other horror just to get this 'buzz' and then keep pouring it in! I saw a 2nd cousin yesterday who I had not seen in 20 years. He's likely 54. He looked like an ancient man. His wife asked me if I thought he looked good - didn't understand? but he apparently is recouping from stage 4 head and throat cancer.... Poor guy. All I remember is his drinking all the time and smoking.... I am very motivated. Also, sounds like you only took supps, not any meds. I want to try that as well as I have tried them in the past and all have side affects. Thanks again..good Saturday - AF!

determined to be AF

Comment

Tool box

Very welcome Baby! I'm glad you are so motivated; from my experience, a positive attitude and convincing myself I could stop and not be miserable was three-quarters of the battle. As Alan Carr points out in his book, quitting is primarily a brain game, there is no long-lasting physical addiction. We really can quit and never want to drink again. You sound like you are on the right track.

As for medications, actually in a previous, unsuccessful attempt to moderate, I tried Topamirate. I was miserable with brain fog and depression and my hair started falling out. I know it helps others, but it was toxic to me. After trying to moderate for over a year and being totally miserable, I finally decided I could not moderate and had to give it up. While using All-One Original with amino acids, Kudzu and L-Glutamine, the cravings went away and I felt really good. I posted a long time ago in this thread my entire supplement regimen; I will try to find it for you.

Also, some nutritionists and addiction counselors think that certain people with alcohol addiction are actually sugar addicts, because alcohol acts just like sugar in the blood only faster. They think, and I agree, that both sugar addiction and alcohol addiction can be treated with good nutrition. So, I still take All-One every day, eat protein, good carbs and good fats at every meal and keep my blood sugar under control, which helps a lot.

Oh yeah, another good thing about quitting, it really does take 10 years off the face; I am 51 and look younger now than in pictures when I was 40.. just totally amazing. This will happen really fast too, you will start noticing looking younger the first month.

Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!!! You can always send me a PM if you need moral support, I'm happy to help.

Love, Doodlebug

Comment

Tool box

Very welcome Baby! I'm glad you are so motivated; from my experience, a positive attitude and convincing myself I could stop and not be miserable was three-quarters of the battle. As Alan Carr points out in his book, quitting is primarily a brain game, there is no long-lasting physical addiction. We really can quit and never want to drink again. You sound like you are on the right track.

As for medications, actually in a previous, unsuccessful attempt to moderate, I tried Topamirate. I was miserable with brain fog and depression and my hair started falling out. I know it helps others, but it was toxic to me. After trying to moderate for over a year and being totally miserable, I finally decided I could not moderate and had to give it up. While using All-One Original with amino acids, Kudzu and L-Glutamine, the cravings went away and I felt really good. I posted a long time ago in this thread my entire supplement regimen; I will try to find it for you.

Also, some nutritionists and addiction counselors think that certain people with alcohol addiction are actually sugar addicts, because alcohol acts just like sugar in the blood only faster. They think, and I agree, that both sugar addiction and alcohol addiction can be treated with good nutrition. So, I still take All-One every day, eat protein, good carbs and good fats at every meal and keep my blood sugar under control, which helps a lot.

Oh yeah, another good thing about quitting, it really does take 10 years off the face; I am 51 and look younger now than in pictures when I was 40.. just totally amazing. This will happen really fast too, you will start noticing looking younger the first month.

Hang in there, I'm rooting for you!!! You can always send me a PM if you need moral support, I'm happy to help.

Love, Doodlebug

Comment

Tool box

Good morning Doodlebug!
                              More good advice; and as I am a year older then you, I will not mind my face 'looking younger'. I'd say in the last couple years, as I have very fair skin, my cheeks have gotten alot more of that rosacea look. I'm hoping it will go away at least a good bit.

I also do crave suger when not drinking. Ice cream in particular. So, as I've lost weight in recent years with the high protein, good carbs, cutting out the 'white carbs', that is likely a good way to go.
                              I may send you PM's; will add you as my friend, thank you. And have a great day. It's day 5 here! Yay!

determined to be AF

Comment

Tool box

Good morning Doodlebug!
                                More good advice; and as I am a year older then you, I will not mind my face 'looking younger'. I'd say in the last couple years, as I have very fair skin, my cheeks have gotten alot more of that rosacea look. I'm hoping it will go away at least a good bit.

I also do crave suger when not drinking. Ice cream in particular. So, as I've lost weight in recent years with the high protein, good carbs, cutting out the 'white carbs', that is likely a good way to go.
                                I may send you PM's; will add you as my friend, thank you. And have a great day. It's day 5 here! Yay!

determined to be AF

Comment

Working...
                                X