No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes back and words of encouragement, friends!

It has been a very LONG day!! But, I am home and sober and have eaten a good dinner. I hope to crawl into bed soon. I know I will feel better tomorrow.

I have done a lot of reading on the site today and it has been helpful. I am tired of feeling so lost and like such a loser...almost like I've been beaten by this disease. I can't give up though. I need strong friends like you all to show me that it can be done.

Thanks again, everyone!

xoxo
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

You were active in the NN when I joined, Star, and helped me very much. I would love to be able to return the favor :hug:.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back Starfish - this is the place to be. You'll find lots of support here so stay close.

Ava, sorry Robert is having a hard time. I really hope you guys can get your balloon ride in Sunday. Sending you both hugs & warm wishes :hug:

I had a nice 'grownup' day today, really enjoyed getting together with my friends.
        Lil, I still use Photobucket for posting pics - seems to work OK.

Greetings to all & sending wishes for a safe & comfy night in the nest for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Nesters,

Just a quick fly by on my way to work.. what a difference a change in mind set/perspective makes on a life. You're all always saying it and I'm finally back on it..:happy2:

Ava, sending warm rays and wishes and lots of strength and love your way.. I can only imagine how difficult a time this is for you.

Star, how are you feeling today? I'm hoping you had a good nights rest and are feeling good about finding your spot back in the Nest.. next to Byrdie, you lucky dog!

A wonderful Friday to you all!

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Friday to all

No quiet day for me today, my daughter & granddaughter are coming to visit. I think we need to go visit some local Amish markets & get some goodies

What's on everyone's plan for today & the weekend? There's always lots of things to do sans-AL if you just look around a little!
            Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ahoy, Fellow Nest-Maties!

LifeChange, your note from the other day has stuck with me about filling the time that we used to spend drinking and keeping busy and such. I took stock of what I have been doing to occupy myself. I don't have children, I feel certain that if I did, my mission would be instantly accomplished! I found that when I had time to sit around and feel sorry for myself, I got into trouble. Lav must have told me to get a hobby!!! I keep occupied with stuff I love and it has been interesting, fun, and productive. At first, I took up knitting! When I was in grade school, my aunt taught me to knit....amazingly, I picked it up with a quick refresher from a neighbor and have knitted my way thru about 50 scarves! I have 2 big drawers of the ones I kept, but I've given away just as many. It requires just enough concentration to keep my mind out of the gutter (or the bottle!). I also make beaded jewelry. I have 100's of necklaces (and other pieces) I've made since I quit drinking! Then there is my latest craze, the cake and cookie decorating. When I was drinking, I had no ambition to do anything like this. I might get as far as to gather the stuff, but I wouldn't start it. It is very rewarding to see the things I can do when I put my mind to it. My next project, and its a doozie, is to print my iphone pictures, and put 3 big drawers worth of pictures in a meaningful order in albums. UGG! I kind of dread this, but it's the last big thing on the list of stuff I've put off!! Again, since I have no children, it will be a project just for me, when I'm 80, I'll be so glad I did it!! Bah!

I had several things on my list of things I wanted to do 'one day'. Well that day has come and I am doing them! I just got my VHS tapes copied on to DVD's. Warning, if your tapes are over 20 years old they are about to not be usable anymore....I lost a several from vacations in 1989-92. The ones from the 90's are marginal and the DVD's are rough but good enough. Maybe my standards have been raised with the Hi-Def stuff of today!

This weekend, I am making Tar Heel cookies for my childhood friend's son's wedding! Tomorrow, I'm meeting my college roommate for lunch and meeting her hubs! Very exciting!

I really missed my AMBITION while I was away drinking. It is BACK!
              Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, shore up your PLAN!!
              It's only Friday, not a ticket to BoozeVille! Do something awesome today!!!! Strength to all, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by behan
                You're sales SLOGANS are so weak Bryd Lady!!!
                do you wake up and post you're calender slogans to you're children
                MMMMMMM do you have kids Bryd lady????... today my kids have no ticket to boozeville
                Do you have children???? Bryd
                I think NOT
                I imagine your children are really proud of you. B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Let's use the Ignore function and move on.

Star, I hope you're up and ready for day 2 of the rest of your much better life! I've thought about you so often since you left and have been hoping you're doing well. I'm sorry you're not right now but know you can get back there again.

LC, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy what's left of summer!

Take care of yourselves out there and ignore your AV and others who aren't helping you achieve your goals - NS

Comment

Thanks, NS, Lav and LC :love:

My night was restless. I snuggled up next to the Byrdlady and she handed me a pair of knitting needles, made me watch old videos and kept stuffing cookies in my beak. Love you, Byrdie!

Well, it wasn't quite THAT bad, but, I did wake up at 3:30 a.m. and felt like death warmed over. Very tired. I tried to meditate and work on my gratitude list. I have a lot to be thankful for, that's for sure!

Now I am just really "edgy". I think this will go away soon. I will keep a positive attitude. The best thing that's happened to me so far today is that my 2 doggies absolutely BEGGED my to take them on a walk before work this morning. They wouldn't take "no" for an answer...I think they knew mama needed it....so we walked around the neighborhood for a few minutes. My dogs are on the top of my gratitude list most of the time!

I took my AB this morning and plan to eat three meals, do some research on here and try to get to bed early again. Thanks for all your support.

08-13-15

Comment

Welcome back Star I've noticed that when I drank,my poor dog acted depressed,like he knew that I was hurting myself, glad you got them out for their walk has anybody heard from Over-it? I'm missing her,hope everyone enjoys this wonderful Friday
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning, All.

Lav, the aroma of fresh Amish bread sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoy your visit, there. It's great that your daughter is coming along so you're not the only one running after the kiddies this time.

Byrdie, you have quite the creative streak going there. I pondered "Tarheel Cookies" for a bit, wondering how I could have grown up in NC and missed the recipe. :happy2:

Star, welcome back! The sleep disruption and the edginess will pass. One morning, very soon, you'll wake up and realize you're rested, having slept through the entire night. Then, it will become the norm. Those anxious highs and sad lows even out into a blissfully calm existence.

Wishing you all a Happy Friday and a weekend filled with good, clean fun and relaxation.
                        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Thanks, Pauly...yeah, my poor dogs have been worried about me a lot lately.

And thank you, too, Lilbit! We cross posted....

By the way, can someone please tell me how to use the ignore function? I am still trying to get used to the "new" site.

One of the reasons I stopped posting in the past was b/c of inconsiderate posters. I don't want that to happen this time.

Thanks!

08-13-15

Comment

Hey guys....I figured out how to work the Ignore function...good thing too...that asshat was getting my blood pressure up..took care of that...

08-13-15

Comment

Don't let that turd get you heated Star,I can't help but think aabout the massive hangover he's gonna have later,seems he's been at this for hours
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi to all!

Byrdie,

We are talking this week over on the "dedicated to the quit I love thread" about what to do to stay busy and not fall into the boredom rut. You're post today was perfect with great ideas of what to do. It is amazing how one has more energy to get things done. There is just something about that "sit around, have a drink, feel a little tired/groggy/etc." and then not get anything done or accomplished when drinking. Just seems to work that way.

More than anything, I am most thankful to be fully present at all times. I got a call from a work friend last night when hubby and I were sitting at a restaurant/bar having drinks. The place is called "Dicks" and the waiters try to act like the name of the place with playing pranks on customers, etc. They tied a balloon on my beer bucket that announced to the world "I'm drinking O'Douls". Hubby was enjoying his one big beer - crazy hat on his head that said "I'm looking for a Hooker" and we were having fun, fun, fun when I got an emergency call from a co-worker with devastating news that our boss (only 51) had - had a major heart attack the night before and died. She was afraid I would see something on Facebook that another employee had posted without me being told about it first. Of course I was devastated as I had a great relationship with Matt and he was so supportive and encouraging as a boss and a friend. I was so thankful however, that I could handle the call with clear speech (not slurred) and thinking (not tipsy or drunk). I was fully present and available to support the caller and to not over react emotionally because I hadn't been drinking. So many blessings (in different ways) to not have alcohol in my life.

Have a great day all. The roll call is definitely helping me to keep my AF goals and be accountable. I recommend to anyone that is serious about maintaining their sobriety to do it. Have a good day all.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes~)
                                :love:
                                "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Working...
                                X