Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office party

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
    Headed to husband's work party. Not an easy environment. Not that happy with my husband either Overit. As I see it, the most important thing is to not give up ourselves for bad behavior on their part. So that means not to drink . THEY are unhappy; we don't need to be. Hang in there. If I can survive these heavy hitter drinkers tonight, you can make it too. Let's do this good thing for ourselves.
    Hang in there Kensho! Report back and let me know you are safe! My husband would have to actually work to have a work party. I've got 2 of my own that I'm not going to go to. My husband has made me so that I'm back to F&ck you, just watch and see what I can make of myself, hang on to yourself baby, the old bag is coming back ! 👍🏻
    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Overit, I don't know you, but I'm glad you're back. The first thing that comes to my mind is, don't do this to spite him, just do this for yourself because it's the right thing to do. I would like to witness what you can make of yourself, but out of love for yourself rather than dislike or resentment towards your husband. I'll be watching, and I have faith in you.
      "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
      “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like I wasn't the only busy one around here today

Congrats on your 30 AF days LC - great!!!
        Dutch, a big 9 months for you - wow!!! That was the point when I finally started to feel like I was really doing this & not faking anymore

Overit, I drank at my husband for years. It nearly killed me & he never noticed. 15 years ago I was in ICU with a pretty serious head injury, almost died & he barely noticed. He never changed a bit. My quit was for me, not for him. Do this for yourself, take care of yourself :hug:

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.
        Yep j-vo, we have identical weather.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I was dreading this party, and I ended up having a great time! Couldn't believe it was time to go when 10:00 arrived (had to relieve the person watching my kids). I actually enjoyed the conversation, met some nice people and laughed a lot. The whole time, I was so glad I wasn't feeling impaired. I also cut 8" off my hair yesterday. Meeting canceled, and I made an appt. My hair has been long since 8th grade. I've dreamed of a shorter cut, but was nervous. Told myself there's a new me evolving, and life is too short to not have some fun, so I did it, and I love it. I feel new.

Overit, thinking of you. Keep yourself sober and take care!
          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
            My husband has made me so that I'm back to F&ck you, just watch and see what I can make of myself, hang on to yourself baby, the old bag is coming back ! ����
            Hi Overit. No-one can make you do or be anything. You have the power. Remember this and take care of yourself. What are your plans for next week? i.e. AF plan?

Working weekend over here. Yeaah!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Next week

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
              Hi Overit. No-one can make you do or be anything. You have the power. Remember this and take care of yourself. What are your plans for next week? i.e. AF plan?

Working weekend over here. Yeaah!
              Hi G! My husband has family arriving tomorrow and since I make him miserable, I think I will put 100% into my work and my workouts since I haven't been doing either for some time

Comment

Overit, a good hard workout is a cure for so many ills -- go for it! What Lav said about drinking at someone is so true. Anyone who makes you miserable is not worth hitting yourself in the head over. I know I just ended that sentence with a preposition but it's 3 am and my coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Bottom line is take care of yourself. And it's SO great to see you here.

Yay Dutch! You had a AF baby, too. 'Never knew you had the ...erm...equipment. Heehee, congrats on your 9 months.

Kensho, I bet you look wonderful!!!

Amazing cookies as always, Byrdie. They look so neat and precise. I'm blown away by your talent.

Thanks to everyone for the warm 9-month well wishes. Every post was a treat to read.

Mr. G, I'm a "working girl" this weekend, too. Grateful for the opportunity. I'm billing ~100 hours this week. Cha-ching! Off to my pile o'content revisions. Have a great day, everyone.
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Frosty but sunny around these parts - Brrr

Lil, you are a working fool this week, ha ha! Be careful you don't overdue & wear yourself out :hug:
                  Keeping our immune systems in good working order is a major necessity during germ season.

Overit, good for you focusing your energies where they are needed right now. You have to take care of #1 first & foremost. Take good care of yourself!

Kensho, congrats on the new hairdo, nice
                  I love my hair short & don't care what anyone else thinks, LOL Enjoy the new & improved you!

I have lots to do today so I'll go get started.
                  Have a terrific AF day everyone!

Nice cookies Byrdie!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Congrats to you, Dutch! 9 months is a huge baby!

Kensho, glad you had a great time at your partee'! I've gone back to short as well. Short and sassy!

Overit, welcome back. Good luck with the inlaws. That's never easy.

Speaking of inlaws, MIL is having surgery today. She's been in bed for a few weeks due to a hip injury and she just learned it's broken. So busy day today as I go from niece's baby shower to the hospital. At least I have the energy to do this and am completely unhung.

Yesterday I was in rite aid and two people in front of me smelled so bad of alcohol it almost knocked me over. So glad I don't have to be that person anymore.

Have a good day all. G and Lil, enjoy your working weekend.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Inlaws

We'll see what kind of a day it turns out to be. Hubby was seething at me all day, just because I was breathing wrong at one point, then 3 sheets falls off the ladder while hanging Christmas lights and has disabled his back, was up all night with his moaning and crying and cussing, then at 5:30 he turned on the lights to tell me it's snowing outside and he left the wood uncovered, so I went out in PJs and did it. Now mind you if he wasn't hurt and I did that, well 1) he wouldn't have cared about it 2) he would've seething for another week that I A) thought he was dumb (no honey, that's lazy) 2) woke him up (well after your 15 hours the night before....). Anyway, I'm so tired, I can't keep my eyes open but it's off to church. I never would talk like this before because you just don't as a good Christian girl, you smile and say how WONDERFUL everything is, but maybe this has been in one of my problems

Good morning, by the way

Comment

Good morning, Nest!
                        Kensho, coincidently, when I got sober, I let my hair grow out! It symbolized something to me....it also makes it easy to look back in pictures, if my hair is short, I was drinking. It was a statement of sorts. So glad you are happy with your new do!
                        Sunny and chilly here today! Making the most of it! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Okay, now I'm really confused hijacked.gif there's 2 Newbie's Nests? One in Just Starting Out and one in General Discussion?? This could get confusing for newcomers...
                          Last edited by abcowboy; December 6, 2015, 12:10 PM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, I just saw that, too! I'd been wondering about Datima!

Does anyone know what to do about it?

Comment

Wow. Cowboy, that's a good one! Hopefully, the link you put on there will lead others to the Main thread. We can ask the moderators for their help, however, that may not result in action. I recently had some luck with Zach, maybe if we both send him a note, we will
                              get some attention. Worth a shot! B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning nesters

A very emotional day yesterday seeing Robert and his partner have their commitment ceremony. A beautiful day for both of them and us. I said to him that i would see him Tuesday and not to die before then, he said he would try not to. The first time he has said that. He knows his time is limited now. Ed Sheeran was brilliant until he played one song and i cried but thats okay. I figure i cant watch someone die and be strong all the time. I sat in the stadium and felt totally grateful for my life with its ups and downs, knowing i cant change what will be but am there fully.

Lil please dont drink at hubs or anyone else. I spent my life drinking at people as others say and it achieved nothing. If my family piss me off i tell them their behaviour is unacceptable and i wont tolerate it and walk away. This is my life i am saving and no one elses. I always felt i had to do everything for everyone when i drank, now i can only do what i am strong enough to do and no more.

Today i am moving my son 3 hours away so a big drive. Everything i did over the weekend would never ever have been possible if i had drank.

Today is another good day. Take care.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X