No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over-it, I cant help that mother nature was so generous to me when she handed out butts ...sorry I keep hogging the joint!
    Speaking of....
    SSD, around here, 7 days scores you a FULL MOON! Nesters, drop 'em! :butt: :butt: :butt: Well done on completing those first 7 days, without a doubt, they are the hardest and now, they are BEHIND you! No cracks from us, you've done great!!
    Welcome, IntheSky.
    I discovered AL to he the big lie, whatever it told me I couldnt do without it, I can, and do it 1000 times better! I drank to he social, but ended up isolated. I drank to relax, but ended up anxious. I drank help me sleep but would lie there awake half the night. Everything AL told me would be a problem if I stopped simply wasnt! Dont let FEAR of trying keep you from doing this! Trust me, we have more to fear by continuing to drink than we ever do by not drinking! Who knew?!! We are so glad you're here!! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello & welcome Guilt & Inthesky!
      So glad you found us & decided to hop in the nest for a while. Stay as long as you like, Ive been here nearly 7 years!!!! The Tool box is the best place to get ideas to put your plans together.

SSD, CONGRATS on your 7 AF days, yay!!
      Great work, keep going & you'll have nothing to regret

Sending everyone wishes for a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Twig hog

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
        Over-it, I cant help that mother nature was so generous to me when she handed out butts ...sorry I keep hogging the joint!
        B
        That's why you keep us so warm and cozy Byrd! Love ya'
        The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Your a inspiring in so many ways. I know you will continue this battle until it will no longer be a nagging thought at all. I hope some day my son makes it to sobriety like many of you. Thank you for sharing your story. Very encouraging. Many blessings sent your way.
          SHADES
          "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Such fabulous responses to our newest newbies. :welcome:The common denominator is probably that everybody here struggled with the realization that they needed to quit. It becomes somewhat surreal when we just know that we really need to do this and face reality that the game playing is over. So many of us then relapse by the lie that after so many days (or years) we can finally miraculously "control it" now. But, if you read posts about folks that have relapsed and shared stories to help others, it's the same ending. Everyone ends up on that vicious cycle, the hamster wheel going nowhere, and for some the drinking gets even worse. Best thing to do is read, read, read here. You will find your stories in the stories of others and you will feel like you are home. Glad you found us.

Addy (All Done Drinking...Yes!)
            Last edited by All done drinking; December 8, 2015, 09:40 AM.
            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Hello Nesters from all over the world!

:welcome: to InTheSky (for me to remember, thanks G!) and Guilt! So good to have you both here.. I look forward to getting to know you better. And I can echo what the others have said.. we in this cozy Nest have many more similarities than differences where alcohol is concerned.

Congrats SSD on 7 days yesterday!! Very well done!

Comment

Shades, sending love and strength your way. You've been suffering for so long. I pray your son can find his way.

Welcome, Inthesky and guilt. We all know the the vicious cycle so well. Strength to you as well.

Comment

One week. Seven days. 168 hours (is that all?).

That is all!

Comment

Good morning. Checking in on this sober, unhung Tuesday morning. Busy day today with work and a basketball game this evening. Thankful...:happy2:
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Welcome aboard, InTheSky and Guilt! Stick around here, and your lives are bound to get better!
                      "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                      “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Sunny & cold here so far, not complaining.

Mentium, CONGRATS on your 7 AF days :yay:
                        The first week is the hardest, it will get easier as you go along, promise!

Shades of Idaho, please stick around with us if it helps you at all. Sorry your is not yet ready to strat his quit. Does he ever read any of our posts here?

Lots to do today to keep me out of trouble.
                        Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mentium, just when we got our pants back up from mooning SSD! Kidding -- happy to "drop trou" for the two of you. That first week under your belt is a huge accomplishment. If you can do that, you can do the next, and the next, and the next...

Welcome Inthesky and Guilt. Look at the start date in my avatar, which is 2009. Now, consider my actual quit date which was March 2015. The six years in-between were Hell's Roller Coaster. I began to feel there was a problem but I just wasn't ready to give up the crutch (which was a faulty crutch, BTW, that kept collapsing). I watched in horror as if watching someone else's life deteriorate before my eyes.

The problems got worse. It got harder to "hide." Anyone here will tell you that you're not really hiding anything from anyone. You just think you are. As time went on, the disease progressed. It does that. I've never heard of anyone who knew they had a problem, continued to drink and miraculously just "got better." 'Might as well seek a Skittle-pooping pet unicorn because we're all more likely to find that! Things went downhill -- sometimes gradually, sometimes with a jolt -- but always downhill.

Coming here was a first step in turning the tables on AL and regaining my life. I applaud you both for taking that step. 'Look forward to getting to know you as you continue this exciting journey. Trust me, it really is exciting to get your life back.

(Unrelated, but I had to share) I went pants-shopping last weekend and took a smaller size than I thought I could wear into the try-on room. 'Put them on and thought "This is some kind of crazy style. They have 'saddle bags' that stick out from the hips." Then, I realized they were just too big. I had dropped another dress size! I was actually jumping up and down in the Kohl's dressing room like a lunatic. Life is good.
                          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Originally posted by LilBit View Post
                            Mentium, just when we got our pants back up from mooning SSD! Kidding -- happy to "drop trou" for the two of you. That first week under your belt is a huge accomplishment. If you can do that, you can do the next, and the next, and the next...

Welcome Inthesky and Guilt. Look at the start date in my avatar, which is 2009. Now, consider my actual quit date which was March 2015. The six years in-between were Hell's Roller Coaster. I began to feel there was a problem but I just wasn't ready to give up the crutch (which was a faulty crutch, BTW, that kept collapsing). I watched in horror as if watching someone else's life deteriorate before my eyes.

The problems got worse. It got harder to "hide." Anyone here will tell you that you're not really hiding anything from anyone. You just think you are. As time went on, the disease progressed. It does that. I've never heard of anyone who knew they had a problem, continued to drink and miraculously just "got better." 'Might as well seek a Skittle-pooping pet unicorn because we're all more likely to find that! Things went downhill -- sometimes gradually, sometimes with a jolt -- but always downhill.

Coming here was a first step in turning the tables on AL and regaining my life. I applaud you both for taking that step. 'Look forward to getting to know you as you continue this exciting journey. Trust me, it really is exciting to get your life back.

(Unrelated, but I had to share) I went pants-shopping last weekend and took a smaller size than I thought I could wear into the try-on room. 'Put them on and thought "This is some kind of crazy style. They have 'saddle bags' that stick out from the hips." Then, I realized they were just too big. I had dropped another dress size! I was actually jumping up and down in the Kohl's dressing room like a lunatic. Life is good.
                            Hag!
                            I eventually lost 13 pounds after many months of quitting booze, but I never dropped a size! It must be the whole big butt thing.... I am thrilled for you and your fitting room victory!

Mentium, as LilBit said, we no sooner get our britches up than we need to drop them again for your big accomplishment!! Nesters, you know what to do!! :butt: :butt: :butt: The worst is behind you now!!! We are standing cheek to cheek with you! Keep up the great work and you will never regret it! We are mighty proud of you!

Hey, Shades! Great to see you, as always.

Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good morning from my side of the nest. Hard to get a good nights sleep with all the moons but......lets see those cheeks Byrd. 7 DAYS HERE TOO!!!
                              Last edited by Overit-still; December 8, 2015, 01:18 PM.
                              The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                                Hag!
                                LOLOL!! I have never relished an insult quite so much. Thanks, Byrdie. There was a lot of High Intensity Interval Training and sweating like Paris Hilton at a spelling bee involved, too. But tossing out the AL sure made a difference.
                                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X