No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo! Welcome back AG. Byrdy"s plan is an excellent blueprint. Good job to our milestoners including ITS 7 days and Gilf for day 1. Huge achievements right there. Throw some self lovin in nesters. You r worth it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post
      Actiongirl46-I wrote the book on this, trust me. Saturday should have been a 3 year anniversary for me, but here I am on day 13. Just stay close.
      Hi,
      It's not ur fault. Addiction to al is where the brain is trained to make the body crave the al.al withdrawals can take up to a year.
      I wish u the best.
      Please educate your hubby so he can understand this disease and better help you!
      SHADES
      "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never -- in nothing, great or small, large or petty -- never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. " by Winston Churchill .

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I feel fortunate that we are still having mild weather here on the east coast - 70 degrees in mid-December is highly unusual.

Welcome back Actiongirl!
        Today sounds like a great day to get started. You have company - Gilf is starting too

Wishing everyone a peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks all!! Day 1 is in the books. I appreciate the encouragement!

Comment

Hi Gilf and Actiongirl! Glad you are here giving it a go again - keep at it!

Checking in quickly tonight. I have a very little time tonight to complete my photo books to send in so they arrive by Christmas - so I'm going to break down and stay up late. I've been avoiding that like crazy - but tonight I'm doing it.

All is well here - eating, drinking AF and enjoying conversation with my kiddos tonight.

Take care all!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Just checking in.. Looks like there are a few of us in early enough days. Day 5 here. No need to put your tail between your legs. We are here. That counts. My Day 5 feels much better then those other days leading up. I'm a lot more positive then I was. Wishing strength to anyone struggling!
              AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Hello Nesters!!

:welcome: Gilf and Actiongirl!
                Choices, day 5 is awesome! You've learned a lot the past week and it's great that you're posting so much, to work things out for yourself and inevitably help some of us along the way..Looking so forward to celebrating a week with you on Thursday..

Here's a blog post I just read about gratitude and 3 simple ways to get it into action.. I'm beginning today!
                Blog — HIP SOBRIETY

hugs from a distance to you all!

Comment

Thanks LC. It's good to be back! Thanks for your support. I am very excited to get to day 7. Each day only gets better. I do not want to do any one of them over again! That is for sure. Hope your doing well!
                  AF January 7, 2018

Comment

To all you day one folks I'm on day 868. 869 days ago I was nursing a rare hangover. Rare not because I didn't drink much, it's just that I stopped getting them despite a bottle or more of vodka a day. I thought that 2 days was impossible let alone 30.
                    Prior to those 869 days My record of 90 days stood after 25 years of drinking. I was hopeless. Resigned to dying a drunk. I'm sure Lav and Byrdie, Sam and No Sugar all have the same story. The fact of the matter is that your sobriety is in your hands.
                    Drinking will become a distant memory. Your resolve will strengthen and your body will heal but it does take a simple plan. For me it was to focus on the fact that I could not, and still can't think in terms of one drink.
                    With that in mind, 869 days ago I set out with the thought that with each new day, for just that day, I would not drink. It's cliche but you really can have the same success.
                    Don't over think it, or over promise. Don't set out with a false bravado that gee you feel great and all your problems are solved because in reality there will be days when you feel like crap. That's ok, embrace those days because that means you are just being honest with yourself and just getting past those days... now that's the real promise of hope.
                    Lastly be honest with your loved ones. Without coming clean to my family about how I was really feeling day in and day out I likely would still be hanging on to another day one.
                    Last edited by TJAF; December 15, 2015, 12:21 AM.
                    Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi, Nest:

TJAF, I love when you pop by with your words of wisdom. Thanks. You, too, Kuya.

Welcome, Gilf and welcome back Action Girl. No time like the present to end that cycle.

Dutch - Doesn't it feel good to be the role model?

Alright - off to finish some work and to bed.

Night,
                      Pav

Comment

and with all due respect, TJAF, day one is still better than day none.
                        "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                        “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi nesters

Welcome newbies, a great place to end the madness of al, so much support day and night.

Great post TJ. I got over day 1's, no point in continuing in the vicious cycle, well it got to that point with me and i never want to do a day one again. I could not deal with the guilt and shame and hitting the repeat button.

The last week or so has been hard for me with thoughts of drinking, even after two years. why, because my friend Robert is at the end stage of his life and is dying slowly before my eyes, he is not the person i want to see every lunch time as it breaks my heart to know that this is not the life he wants anymore. He sleeps a lot, he is in pain and he can barely talk. Yet every day i go and see him and every day i smile and tell him i love him and i really want him to die and be at peace. I want to drink to forget, i know that is why i want to have ONE drink but i cant, i just cant. As two very dear friends from here have said "take this one day at a time like you did in the beginning", be gentle with yourself and you will get through this time, lean on others and you will make it.

I have banned al from the house for the time being and i tell others around me how i feel. If i drink again I will end up like Robert. Eventually al will kill me. I have realised one thing since i quit al and that is i dont want to die just yet, i have dreams to fulfil and i have so much to live for. I wish it was that easy for my friend to be alive and live how he would like but cancer doesnt give you that choice but i have the choice with regards to al.

Take care x
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, I hope Robert finds some peace in his struggle. Thinking of you and sending prayers your way for both of you........
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters,

Ava, please stay close to us during this difficult time. I hope you know we all care about you & Robert :hug:
                              You have been an outstanding friend & major source of comfort to him. Take care of yourself too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day. Keep your thoughts positive & your plans close. The holidays don't have to derail any of us

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

'Catching up here...I took a long 3-day weekend and caught up on some much-needed rest. 'Slept like a bear in hibernation and then ate like one. Sometimes, you just need to stop everything and give your body the attention that it needs. Now, I'm refreshed and ready to take on the mad week before everyone leaves for the holiday. It's already insane, but I feel calm and placid in the midst of it.

Ava, I am thinking of you. In my heart, I believe that Robert is going to a good place. It doesn't lessen the pain or make these days any easier but I'm so glad you're there for him through this passage.

Inthesky, a belated congrats on your one week. We seem to be "dropping trou" left and right around here, lately, which is a good thing.

Byrdie, I never pick on the old people -- only the ever-young and completely fabulous (spelled y-o-u).

Welcome to the new and returning nesters, GILF and ActionGirl. So glad you're here. Wishing everyone a great day.
                                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Working...
                                X