No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nesters, are you ready to drop your drawers for REDNOSE? And a one...and a two....and a three!
    :butt::butt::butt:
    This is our small way of saying Atta Boy! Those first 7 are brutal and now they are behind you! You'll get no cracks from us, it's a job well done! Keep up the great work!!! No sitting down on the job now!

J-Vo, there is such a difference in me it's unreal. Besides the physical stuff, I am more confident and comfortable in my own skin. I am finally the person I always thought I wasn't. I AM good enough, and things up in my head aren't so agitated now. I was just speaking to someone about the correlation between ALK'ism and OCD...once the AL was removed for good, the agitation in my head seemed to calm down. It was not until I took the option off the table tho. As long as I gave AL a fighting chance, it fought me back. Sure, crap still happens and I still have problems, but AL isn't one of them. I don't have to pretend anymore, and that is a great feeling! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nesters!
      It's been a while and I wanted to pop in and say hello!!

Rednose, Congratulations on 7 days!! Very well done! I think it's a great idea to grow some roots and stay planted here.. I'm here every single day, even if I don't write.. reading the wisdom. Though, I have to say, posting is one of the most important tools I've learned.. through the good and the bad!

J-vo, glad you're feeling better.. so nice to think of being able to see your real self shining through. I feel as well as if I'm just getting to know myself. I'm more accepting of my down days and bad moods.. and I think that the excitement of seeing what's around the corner in my development is one of my main strengths right now. I have in so many ways been STUCK in such an outdated version of myself.. I'm excited to see what can continue to happen as I stay strong and true to this sober person. I think I'm actually learning to love myself.. without doubting whether or not I'm worth it. And I'm sure, from what so many people have said, that this is one of, if not the, key to happiness and to being able to give love wholeheartedly..

And I know for a fact that all of you here at MWO have helped me so very much to get to this point. I've been going back and forth for 4 years, putting myself through the repeated hell of "moderation" in all it's crazy forms.. and I was taken back into the Nest and shown compassion when I thought I might just die.. and then my hand/wing was held until I felt strong enough to move a bit. And now I'll be celebrating 50 days on Christmas..
      so looking forward to spending time here with all of you!

love and hugs and wishing all a not too stressful week, these last days before Christmas.. When in doubt, slow down! That's my motto right now. Nothing is THAT important.. at least nothing to do with presents and food or trees and firewood!!

Comment

Hope everyone is having a great day!
        FB_IMG_1450818950160.jpg
        AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Morning nesters

Finally i am on leave for a week, i need to recharge these batteries of mine. Roberts funeral is now private and on xmas eve, i will be away but the family will raise our glasses to a special friend together. My son is going through withdrawals so i told him to sleep when he wants and take it easy on himself, things will get better for him, it will be nice to give him a mum hug today.

Red congrats on 7 days of being sober. One day at a time and one day you will be at 100, 200 plus plus plus and always feel proud of any sober day you achieve.

J i dont look in the mirror with horror anymore, i still dont look in the mirror lol. Just remembering my swollen gums, the dry skin the bags under my eyes, the look of a dead person staring back. Now i look and see the woman i like/love, the one who has achieved and is achieving what i thought was impossible. It takes time to feel good about yourself and to lose the doubt that you wont stop drinking forever. I have no doubt that i will continue to not drink if i stay accountable each and every day with my support network.

My daughter was just playing bongos and its nice not to tell her to fecking shut up as my head was thumping. Well i will be off the grid for a few days as i am going to my sons place and not much power to charge anything. An eco friendly living environment where all technology can only be charged at night.

Merry Christmas to everyone and have a happy sober time. My first christmas not drinking was the feeling of deprivation but my advice is to come on here and read and post. dont give in to those al thoughts, they are thoughts you will regret if you turn them into actions. I have never now regretted not drinking at xmas, birthdays, weddings, deaths etc. We are only hurting ourselves.

Take care xxx
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

AVA-so sorry you will miss his service but you were with him when he was alive and knew you were there.....that's what counts.

My AL brain is actually fighting with me right now, trying to plan on how I can drink on Christmas. UGH!
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

You don't have to engage with that voice, Over-it. And you shouldn't! Believe it or not, if you ignore it, it will stop. And in the meantime, you can put systems in place so that even if it pipes up again, you won't drink - take the Antabuse, get all the booze out of the house, enlist your husband... You know the drill! Set yourself up for SUCCESS :smile:!

Comment

Ava, will be thinking of you on Christmas Eve.......
                Take care of yourself. I hope your son gets to feel better soon. Have a lovely Christmas...
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                  Nesters, are you ready to drop your drawers for REDNOSE? And a one...and a two....and a three!
                  :butt::butt::butt:
                  This is our small way of saying Atta Boy! Those first 7 are brutal and now they are behind you! You'll get no cracks from us, it's a job well done! Keep up the great work!!! No sitting down on the job now!
                  B
                  Oh Lordy, I am dropping my trousers more these days than when I dated the high school football team! What!? Did I just say that out loud? :happy2: Congrats, REDNOSE! One week is a HUGE accomplishment.
                  "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Lmao Lilbit. Dropping trou here too for red nose! Safe travels Ava and have a beaut Xmas with your family. And that goes for y'all too. Off for a run.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

Busy, busy day for me but I feel ready for the holiday madness with three grandkids, ha ha! So grateful that I get to experience all this & remember it all too

Ava, I sure hope your son is OK & someone is looking after him until you get there.
                      Sad that you can't attend Robert's service but you have your own very special memories to keep in your heart forever. Merry Christmas :hug:

Red, CONGRATS on those 7 AF days, yay!!

Gratitude works kids so keep working on your plans to succeed. You will never be sorry kicking AL out of your lives!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Tell me something I don't know Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...tes/?tid=sm_fb
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi all - Day 9 is done. In bed early tonight (for me) as at about 5:30pm I went from an ok mood to deep despair in about 4 minutes. Not sure why it happened, no reason that I can think of, but tonight seemed even harder than Day 1.

Overit- my brain is mulling over how to drink on Christmas too so I appreciate you just calling it out and the advice and direction given here. I come on MYO and read/post and everything makes so much sense. I see myself in MANY stories here and my brain is not wrestling with why I need to be here. But I step away and the thoughts (just thoughts, I know!!) creep in and in and in. I'm just being honest on where I'm at . . .

Possible reasons today was tough: I missed the gym due to working late. We ate an hour later than usual. Hubs still sick and since he is a stay-at-home dad, all of those responsibilities come my way when he is down. So instead of being in my distraction bucket, I was cooking in my kitchen which is a huge trigger for me. I think I cycled back to anger.

Ok, ENOUGH. Tomorrow is another day. Even though my heart is not bursting with gratitude tonight, I am grateful for my health today. Physical health anyway, ha ha. Thanks for letting me vent. This sucks!!

Comment

Thanks for this TJAF . . . very interesting. I did know more people were drinking but was surprised by the chart showing that 10% of Americans are consuming the most (by a lot!!). Thank you, very helpful and timely for me tonight.

Comment

Triggers

Originally posted by actiongirl46 View Post
                              Hi all - Day 9 is done. In bed early tonight (for me) as at about 5:30pm I went from an ok mood to deep despair in about 4 minutes. Not sure why it happened, no reason that I can think of, but tonight seemed even harder than Day 1.

Overit- my brain is mulling over how to drink on Christmas too so I appreciate you just calling it out and the advice and direction given here. I come on MYO and read/post and everything makes so much sense. I see myself in MANY stories here and my brain is not wrestling with why I need to be here. But I step away and the thoughts (just thoughts, I know!!) creep in and in and in. I'm just being honest on where I'm at . . .

Possible reasons today was tough: I missed the gym due to working late. We ate an hour later than usual. Hubs still sick and since he is a stay-at-home dad, all of those responsibilities come my way when he is down. So instead of being in my distraction bucket, I was cooking in my kitchen which is a huge trigger for me. I think I cycled back to anger.

Ok, ENOUGH. Tomorrow is another day. Even though my heart is not bursting with gratitude tonight, I am grateful for my health today. Physical health anyway, ha ha. Thanks for letting me vent. This sucks!!
                              You just stated quite a few of the triggers people on here talk about. Good for you for recognizing it.

Now that I've thrown it out there that my stupid AL brain is working overtime trying to figure out to drink on Christmas I would look like a total idiot giving in when I've got plenty of time to plan against it. So, off and planning.

Comment

Calling me out!

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                                You don't have to engage with that voice, Over-it. And you shouldn't! Believe it or not, if you ignore it, it will stop. And in the meantime, you can put systems in place so that even if it pipes up again, you won't drink - take the Antabuse, get all the booze out of the house, enlist your husband... You know the drill! Set yourself up for SUCCESS :smile:!
                                Thanks for the TRUTH NS! Sometimes we all need s swift kick and honesty. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X