No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Eloise. no energy to go to the shop. this is bloody 'orrible. Am i whinging looking 4 sympathy?................er, yes! lol. off to bed soon. see how the young fella from the south pulls up tomorrow. have a nice weekend all. i never get sick, aside from same thing a couple of weeks ago. this is rank.

Right, knocked back garlic, ginger, chilli. have a nice weekend all. :sad::sad::sad:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ginger tea is another good one, disgusting but does the trick. Rather like a stinky version of homemade chicken soup?

Feel better!
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters,

I think we should move Eloise & G into sickbay! I really hope you both feel better very soon

Mick, when you learn to spell the days of the week correctly I'll allow you to grade my grammar mistakes, ha ha! I was lucky to still be upright & fairly coherent after a supremely busy couple of days with family

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day ahead!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick, you shoulda been around when Mr. G told us, "Just do your best friends!" Bahahaha, he needed a comma BAD! Lav, Mick's wife told me that Mick was a meticulous writer AND speller! When I told her he was 'hooked on phonics' she couldnt believe it!

Its a beauty of a day here, but tropical depression 2 is forming out there....I hate to make this all about me, but Ibjope it doesnt interfere with my flight on Tooozdy!

I hope you feel better, Mr G. Gastro stuff wipes you out! Ehehehe.....I have a million jokes about the southern parts of a body's body, since I have Crohn's/Colitis. I hope you are back in the saddle again soon. You, too, Eloise.

Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks y'all. 'Hooked on phonics' sounds like some kind of music collection!

Feeling a bit better here this morning. But had to cancel band rehearsal today and breakfast with a couple of lookers. Dayum. Makes me think of how rough some hangovers can be. And how that is actually self inflicted! Lawdy momma.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good evening kids

We had another hot but sunny day here so there will be no complaining from me, ha ha!

Boy G, sounds like you caught a real case of something, yuck. I hope you are all better soon!

Byrdie, hurricane season is starting up so I guess we need to pay attention to weather reports but not worry ahead of time :hug:
              What airport do you usually fly from?

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters!

I'm up & the coffee is ready.
                What's on everyone's AF plan for today?

Make it a good one!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, you wont find a people more in tune with The Weather Channel than we are! Its beautiful at the moment, sun is out and a picture perfect Sunday morning. It can turn on a dime, tho!
                  G! Hope you are rid of that bug today. Yuck!
                  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.....stick with this, you will never regret it!
                  Hugs to all! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Interview first thing tomorrow morning and I am feeling pretty okay about it. My hd was talking about my making time for art once I start working and how he thinks that now, since I stopped drinking, I will have time for it.
                    I found this a really nice thing for him to say!
                    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                      Interview first thing tomorrow morning and I am feeling pretty okay about it. My hd was talking about my making time for art once I start working and how he thinks that now, since I stopped drinking, I will have time for it.
                      I found this a really nice thing for him to say!
                      best of luck to you..the job is yours!!
                      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Coffee here please LAV! Up till 2am two nights in a row! A girl can't leave on a vacation without substantial pain before and after. Reconsidering my career choice at the moment. Is't human connection more important than career? Looking forward to connection to my kids (and the ocean) in two short days! No desire to drink. I look at a bottle and start to remember what it was like, but then stop myself and don't complete the thought. It's not helpful. That seems like a really long time ago now - no reason to go back. I get that a lot of people (most that I know) make alcohol a part of regular life - but I can live just fine without it. I'm not weird, broken or an outsider... I'm a person who chooses not to drink alcohol and that's it. There's so much more to life

G, sounds like food poisoning! Hope you get feeling better soon - that's the absolute worst. And you're right, such a reminder of hangovers. How DID we ever have them every morning? I will never understand how I tolerated it. Sending healthy vibes to you!

Not sure whether I will be able to visit this site while away. Send me some of all of your strong vibes is you get a chance. It would be easy to slip up in this environment - except that I know it would not take me anywhere I want to go. I don't want to go back.

Happy Sunday everyone.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                          . Is't human connection more important than career? Looking forward to connection to my kids (and the ocean) in two short days! No desire to drink. I look at a bottle and start to remember what it was like, but then stop myself and don't complete the thought. broken or an outsider... I'm a person who chooses not to drink alcohol and that's it. There's so much more to life
                          Safe travels Kensho. Human connection more important than career? YES. You bet.

I remember what booze felt like too.......uke:

Thanks for the well wishes. Food poisoning fo sho. Stomach settling and getting much better here on this monday morning.

Hope there's no hassles with ur flight Byrdy.

Have a safe, sober and magical week ahead y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                            Looking forward to connection to my kids (and the ocean) in two short days! I'm not weird, broken or an outsider... I'm a person who chooses not to drink alcohol and that's it. There's so much more to life
                            :happy2:

Comment

Day 74 here.

Attending addiction counselling. It's good but I have to talk about some things which make me uncomfortable,

Anyway I'm sober.

Still waiting for word from the police and courts about my DUI. This is really getting me down about the prospect of losing my driving licence for two years.

But ... I'm still sober.

Take care all.
                              ------------------------------------------------
                              AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, the rain arrived here at exactly 5 pm, just as predicted, haha! Up until then it was warm & sunny
                                I hope this mess ends in time for time for your trip Tuesday

Eloise, wishing you the best on your interview!!

Kensho, the hangovers are in the history books for us!! I don't know how we ever tolerated all that self-induced torture.
                                Enjoy your time with your kids & say HI to the ocean for me

G, happy to hear you are recovered. In the future, if it looks funny or smells nasty - don't eat it, OK? I am really careful having been thru that a time or two myself.

Laeot, awesome on your 74 AF days!
                                Do you have any idea when you will hear about your license? Try to stay focused, we are here for you.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X