Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lavande - well done on 7 years today!!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

feeling tired and confused over here guys. not about the drinking, this terror theme is really messing with my head.
      this is so serious. how can people be so passive?
      i keep hearing 'well, you know... you can't just go to war.'
      omg,. yes you can! i was relieved to see the US go in and take out that finance guy. and sorry but I just have to believe that they know what they are doing.
      i was thinking myself 'pretty amazing that everyone says how these jihadists are motivated be to join because they are unemployed & discriminated against.' there are lots of europeans who are unemployed. none of it makes any sense to me.
      it's manhattan all over again. when is this going to stop?
      how is it possible to be so understanding? i am disgusted.
      and so how do they come up with the funds for all these weapons?
      omg. it is just too much.
      Last edited by Eloise; March 26, 2016, 05:08 AM.
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good morning Nesters, happy Saturday to all!

I feel proud to say I am 7 years AF today!
        That's a good bit of time with no hangovers, no regrets or remorse. I wouldn't trade this feeling for anything! You can all do this too, it's a choice & the best one on my opinion

El, I am sorry you dealing with terror activity so close to home. The events of Sept 11 happened close to me & I remember feeling terribly vulnerable. We really need to keep our thoughts positive at these times, maybe say a few prayers :hug:

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Easter eve!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

i wasn't in NYC for 911, I was supposed to be there but at the last minute decided to postpone graduate school ( 10 blocks north of site). I did have a lot of friends on site and dealth with all that happened also how it effected everyone living in lower Manhattan.
          I have had enough of these idiots to put it bluntly.
          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Lav - hugs, kisses and congratulations on 7 years AF! And thank you for waking us up each morning, tucking us in each evening and sharing your wisdom every day.
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
              Lav - hugs, kisses and congratulations on 7 years AF! And thank you for waking us up each morning, tucking us in each evening and sharing your wisdom every day.
              Your constancy is so reassuring, Lav. Thank you and congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations for seven years alcohol free Lav!! You are such a steady, reassuring presence here on MWO - I am very grateful for all you do!

Comment

:lucky:
                  Lav, what an accomplishment! Lucky 7!
                  You are in the stratosphere around here with these numbers! Thanks to your guidance, I will be there in my own time.
                  Thank you. For EVERYTHING. Helping me stop this madness gave me so much in return. How could I have seen that if not thru your eyes?
                  To say Im grateful is a disservice to the word. I am miles beyond grateful. You are in the top 5 people of all time on my list of important people. All I can do is walk in your path....so far, so good.
                  Much love and admiration, B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Day 10 for me. Feeling pretty good. Just came off a long stretch of back to back shifts. I'm a nurse in an ICU and I am exhausted. I absolutely can't drink during the day/night before a shift because I cannot be the least bit hungover there or its impossible to do.So it's actually helpful in that respect. Except then on my days and nights off I'd make up for lost time. But so far I'm feeling strong. Congratulations Lavande on 7 years!! That is truly admirable and I respect you so much for it. You are a true inspiration.
                    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                    AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Just figured out I'm actually Day 11.
                      NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR OWN DETERMINATION
                      AF SINCE 3/16/2016

Comment

Hey guys quick check in, all is well.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Happy 7th sober birthday Lav. Many thanks from me for your help and wisdom over the years and boy have i been here a few. Thank you for finally getting it through my thick head that not drinking was doable if i just listened and got on with it and stopped procrastinating. Thank you for being our mother hen here. xx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello all...

Day 10 ... Had a tough day today with negative thinking over possible consequences of my DUI but I'm still sober ...

Keep well
                            ------------------------------------------------
                            AF 17th March 2016

Comment

Evening everyone,

Just dropping in to say WoooHooo Lav congrats. You are such a daily inspiration. Thank you for all you do and enjoy your day.
                              JDG
                              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Eloise, Im watching the news and I am so saddened by the Belgium attacks. Senseless. Its hard to understand terrorists.....that much hate.
                                Thinking of you and holding you close.....hugs dear lady.

Hang in with us, Laoet. I promise, its worth it. B
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X