Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

I'm not to the point of being thankful for having been addicted, Ava, but I'm so glad that escaping it gave me one of my best friends ever - clear on the other side of the world! Love, NS

Maybe this needs to be updated :smile:: https://www.mywayout.org/community/j...721-story.html

November 30, 2013
    Originally posted by available View Post
    I did nearly 40 but fam issues and a daughers wedding and every excuse i can give really. Now stress free and a set date so going to be fine and have support of the children. I dont do xmas parties so no probs there. You can do it P, pm me if needed and i will do the same
    December 1, 2013
    Well I have done my day 1 again. How did i feel today, well i felt like a wine at 5pm and thought to myself, that I bought this back onto myself again. The withdrawals, the cravings, the headaches. Did that make me want a wine NO. My daughter visited with a bottle of wine and i'm like wtf Mia I told you I was stopping drinking today and she said "you can have one glass mum". Oh god bring me not into temptation I thought. I just looked at the bottle and thought NO I cant, if I did then I would drive to the shops and buy more. That is not me anymore, I need to be strong. I had a diet coke and looked at that damn wine and looked at it but did not succumb. God if I cant get past Day 1 what is the point I thought.

So here I am with a full belly (food, yes I ate) and feeling proud of myself. I know I have a long way to go but its a start to being AF again.
    It was a very good start :hug:.

Comment

Love that re-post, NS.. thank you for finding it.. it's crazy that that is a post from our Ava, now 5 years strong. She'd finally had enough and did what had to be done. I am so very happy for you, dear Ava.. hope you're having lovely holidays.. celebrating your freedom.
      Love to all you Nesters..xx
      Last edited by lifechange; December 1, 2018, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Slammer and guzzler! WTF?!!
        Last edited by Rava; December 1, 2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Hey Everybody!! Snooping around looking for a day one. Think today might be it.. Tomorrow will be an extremely challenging day.. I have been trying to drink away the pain, responsibility,anxiety, overload of stress that managing my older mother with dementia has handed me.. Not a way to be. I could say many things mostly of family pain but will focus on myself. The drinking has to go, AGAIN. It really is sink or swim time for me. I am in a very tough spot but I know the AL makes it still more difficult to the point of losing myself if I don't get off the train. Just checking in here and posting tells me I am ready and in dire need of giving up AL.. So I will see what tomorrow brings. All I can say is that today I will not drink. Thanks for listening and being here for support. Best to everyone in this struggle and congrats to all the peeps finding their way AF........ I will check in tomorrow one way or the other.

Comment

Ava! Congratulations on 5 years mi amiga! Pavi! It's the morning of Dec 2nd here, so wowza! 5 years for you too. Congratulations good buddy!

:spin::black::moonwalk::balloons:

I'm more of a sipper. Except for shots of course......Great to see u Wags!

Have a beaut weekend evabody

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am Linda, I am lovable
              Ain't that the truth. :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Holy cow.

Comment

Thans Rava

Comment

Welcome back, [MENTION=11645]Hypernova[/MENTION]. Like Pavati's avatar says, you've got the power. Once you truly decide that no matter what happens, as grim as I'm sure things are with your mom, you won't drink - you can be done. We all know drinking doesn't solve anything in the long run and only makes things worse. Unfortunately, you seem to be in a long run sort of situation with your mom. It will be easier to handle and to be the kind of son you want to be without this millstone around your neck. You have hidden superpowers, Hypernova - we all do. We just need to decide to use them. :hug: NS

Comment

To the PAva Twins! 5 years is a huge milestone for us! We are as proud as Bananas riding Llamas! Keep up the great work and THNK YOU for showing up here every day. MWO is a better place with you two in it! Well done!
                      :llama: Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Have been busy all day - no time to get into trouble

HAPPY 5 YEARS AF PAV & AVA!!!!!
                        I am very happy for both of you.
                        You both have grown & showed us what you're made of

Welcome back Hypernova, this is the place to be - stay as long as you like.
                        I think I know the kind of pressure you're under with your Mom. I spent nearly 30 years in nursing & will be the first to tell you that dementia patients can be exhausting. Seeing to their needs & keeping them safe is a lot of work. Do you have some kind of help? Have you ever looked into respite care so you can take a little break? Be kind to yourself as well as your Mom.

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe & comfy night in the nest for all!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy 5 years Pav and Ava!!! Oh yeah, yippee!!! So proud of you both :yay:
                          what a great milestone to reach, you Raawk!
                          You both are an inspiration to me and have really helped in my journey to stay sober. I appreciate you both. Xoxo

Hello HyperN. Stick around and keep posting.
                          Yeah, I am the only sibling in town and so am on call all the time with my mom. I spend a lot of time with her, taking her to buy groceries, dr appointments, etc. I also am the only one in town on my hubbys side so I am on call for my MIL too. I spent all day with my mom yesterday shopping and helping to calm her down after she received a scammer call in the morning. Today I took her grocery shopping and took my MIL out to get her phone fixed. Anyway, they keep me busy, hopefully they stay healthy.

Byrdie gave Feebee the moon, lol, that made me laugh.

Have a great night everyone.

Hello Life
                          Xo
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Happiest 5 years to my loamer sisters, Pav & Ava. You continue to inspire me and contribute to my strength and confidence. Thank you for sharing you stories. Love and much congrats �� xo
                            AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Dear Ava & Pavati,

Congratulations on your five year milestone! :yay: I hope you're both having a happy, celebratory weekend, on or off the grid!

love and warm wishes,
                              Steady
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Happy 5 year Sober Anniversary to you, too, PAV! I'm really happy for you and proud of you.. and thank you for showing up in the Nest each and every day to support others and to talk about your journey. I hope you have a lovely day celebrating!:heartbeat:

Comment

Working...
                                X