• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Morning, All.

Pauly! This made me laugh.
    Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
    I think the approaching holidays is turning on my Rose colored glasses (need to let my puppy chew on those and destroy them!)
    And the puppy CAN by giving you the oxytocin and endorphins we might look for in a beer. You sound great - keep it up. I love that we're always posting at the same time...

LC - Congrats on 50 days and the fun times with your daughter. I wasn't ever that direct with my kids. Over time I have revealed more and more, but I wasn't direct until they reached the age of experimenting themselves. I use myself as a cautionary tale. Neither of them is a big drinker, but they do like their marijuana. I think they keep that limited although what do I know - I'm only their mom... :egad:

Hiya Lav.

I have a VERY busy day today and then tickets to see some music tonight. I would not have purchased them had I known what else I had to do, but it will be fun. Tomorrow is a NOTHING day!

Happy SOBER Saturday. Nothing rosy about drinking.

Pav
    Last edited by Pavati; November 16, 2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Actually the puppy is driving me to drink Pav hahahaha! (Just kidding but he's a handful!)
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning nesters

Wags, i hope your SO went well at the dentist. I cringe when i hear that word, i have a huge phobia about dentists due to my childhood. i need to be gases to get any procedure done. When im done i think that wasnt so bad but i never go back. Dont work too hard!

LC great work on 50 days. No one needs to know too much until you are ready to tell them. I didnt tell many people except for my children as i thought i would never really be able to stop and i would only be letting them and myself down. but as the days went on i felt more comfortable. bit like giving up smoking really. Boy have i had cravings for those babies lately. As its early days (230) in not smoking it is my want to go to when i am stressed. i know it will get to how i feel with al eventually. Teenagers, they are a their own people. I know i could have gladly given my girls away but now they are the most wonderful creatures. Grown into beautiful women, the boys well.................

Byrd, that is sad about your old coworker, i bet he is regretting picking up that drink again. Hope you are recovering from your trade show.

Pauly, take the puppy for a long walk, i get such joy from taking carl. He is a pain in the arse but to see the joy he has in life makes mine just that little bit better also. Carl is like a toddler, always getting into things, annoying as shite but then wants to just love you to death with his love for you. They did tell us at dog training that if they are being super naughty to put them in "time out" like the bathroom and when they stop crying, scratching, barking etc to let them out and reward them. they do learn quickly but as soon as he stops even for 30 secs you let them out and give them a treat. carl is slowly getting better with listening. Great work on knowing your feelings about al, a day one is not appealing to us alkies.

my daughter is going through some rough times and told me she doesnt want to be here, a mother doesnt want to ever hear those words but we are getting through it. Im making sure she is safe and not alone, taken her to the drs and will get a mental health assessment done. There is never a dull moment in my life but im always present and here now to give my support fully.

An early walk today, the weather doesnt look enticing to wait around.

take care xx
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We had a busy day here getting all sorts of chores done including painting the kitchen ceiling. Well, he painted, I cleaned up light fixtures, drips, etc. Next up is the walls & I can do some of them
          Cold & windy but dry outside, my chickens are cutting down on egg production which is natural this time of year.

LC, you’re doing great & I’m happy to hear you are enjoying some good daughter time. They grow up so fast!

Pav, enjoy the music tonight, sounds like fun.

Pauly, remember when I talked about crate training? THAT is what i was talking about, their own space to cool those crazy behaviors. It’s not too late to start
          We had friends training German Shepherd pups back in the 70’s that went on to be service dogs. They were absolutely right about stress free training.

Ava, sorry your daughter is feeling down. Such a human condition, don’t you think? I’m sure you will see she gets the right treatment, you are a great Mom.
          You know I am 10 1/2 years smoke free & I STILL think about the stupid things. I won’t smoke because I would never succeed in quitting again. What is it with certain addictions?

Hello to the rest of the crew & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
            Hola friends,

All's well here. A little crazy; in a good way, but i ain't complaining. Good luck to the missus for the op Wags.

Did i dream you have 14 days sober Nursie? I think i read it last night as i drifted orf. Either way - Raaawk star!!

Big waves to y'all.
            Aww G, you were dreaming about me?
            I think I accidentally marked off the two week goal prematurely, but I figure it’s a few more days and I will make it!!

So today is... day 12 I think. We went out for my stepdaughter’s 21st birthday. She didn’t even order a drink lol. She could care less about alcohol! She did have a mimosa when she went out with her friends, but it just goes to show, alcohol is not normal for everyone!
            Now, I’m not going to pretend I remember my 21st birthday, and the reason for that is because I guarantee I was wasted. 21 wasn’t a big deal, because I had been drinking since I was 15 anyway!

Watching the show Alone with the family and the dogs. Cozy night.
            Thinking of all of you!
            And G- maybe I will dream about YOU tonight! Hahaha
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Ava - sorry to hear about your daughter, but so glad you heard and believed her words and that you know enough to help (or ensure) she gets real help. Being human is hard, but sometimes it's just too much for some people to handle be themselves. We all need help from time to time, in different ways, and I hope she starts feeling better about things soon.

LC - congrats on 50 days!!! And on the talk with your daughter. That's awesome that you're being open with your girls. For some reason, I thought your younger one was more like 12. But I think that's about the age she was back in 2016 when I came back to MWO - silly me, we've all aged since then! :haha:

My wife's dental surgery went very smoothly and she isn't having much pain, swelling or bleeding at all. We're both very grateful for that, and I thank you all for your supportive thoughts and words.

Ok, Killer Sunday Work Schedule coming for me tomorrow. I've got one more hard week and then things will lighten up at least somewhat. I'm gonna read for a bit and then hit the hay early. Good night and good morning to everyone!
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Morning nesters,Wags glad your wife feels better and the surgery was smooth and uneventful Ava,I'm sorry your daughter is going through that,I hope she starts feeling better soon,is there anything going on specifically that's bringing her down or just a general sadness? LC congrats on 50+ days now woo-hoo! I was sooooooo dizzy last night when I went to Kells for pizza night,I'm wonder if my iron is low? Looking up the symptoms I seem to have most of them, always something,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Did I mention how happy I am to be home? Weather is a mess outside, just awful, but I’m cozy and warm with a dog in my lap. Life is good!

I am so grateful for the life I have now. In spite of this job, I feel a sense of peace and I’m so thankful for that. As I was sitting at the airport yesterday, I was reminded of the ordeal I used to have when I traveled....having my supply. We had a one hour delay while we were on the tarmac, I vividly remembered making a trek to the plane bathroom to down a couple//three small bottles of vodka followed by a hit of toothpaste to hide it when I returned to my seat. Thank God above that I am not dealing with that obsession anymore. It is true freedom.

Hoping for a very lazy Sunday here! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Happy UnHung Sunday everyone! I am up early and going to have my coffee.
                    So grateful to be feeling good, we had our Christmas party Friday and I have NO remorse because of something stupid I did or said at the party. I don’t have to be worried about going to work tomorrow to face my co workers. Yay!

Wags, glad your wife is ok, dental stuff like that sucks.
                    Byrdie, your travelling days for work sound awful, I am glad you are not going through that anymore.

Ava, that is really hard with your daughter. My son went through that and I know how much it sucks. It’s food you are there in a non judgemental way and can just listen to her. That really helps.
                    Life, Nursie, as someone we know says, you are raaawkin it. Way to go xo.

Paulie, I am low in iron and take iron everyday. I have to be careful about getting low in iron and I know how much it sucks to feel so tired.

Hello Lav, Pav, everyone, have a glorious Sunday.

I am going to Costco today with my mom and son and then the dog park to hangout with my friends. After that going to do some cooking, watch tv and hit the sack.
                    Sounds like a good day to me.

Don’t drink today, it’s gross.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi, All:

Ava, so sorry about your daughter. That is so scary for a mom - yet another thing we don't have control over. So glad you can be there for her.

Byrdie - welcome back. I'm sort of jealous of your weather. We continue to be dry, sunny and warm here. We NEED that rain.

Good luck today, Wags. Get it, Nar - I need to cook today also. Pauly - I get it. Puppies are very tiring...

The music last night was SO MUCH FUN, but also very loud. My ears are still ringing this morning and I had ear plugs in. Really really good to just let go sometimes. And yes, I love live music even more with no alcohol. I appreciate it more and no annoying trips to the bar or the bathroom!

My husband forgot to tell me that his relative is in town and we're scheduled for a family breakfast this morning. There goes my day off... I'm going to use it as an excuse to have a morning bun at least (ssshhh don't tell NS).

I did have a drinking dream last night. I was a bit disturbed that I didn't have any regret in my dream - although I was trying to find MORE to have. Maybe I just woke up too early to have the regret yet. I have NO desire to recreate that feeling I recreated in my subconscious last night. Thank goodness I don't drink.

Happy SOBER Sunday.
                      Pav

Comment

Hola evabody,

Ava, i hope your daughter's perspective can shift and she can see some hope and a way forward. Thinking of both of you. :love:

LC -50 days!!! Wowza! You're raaawkin it mi amiga. Keep it going.

Nursie, multitasking ain't my forte, so i dreamed only of NY bagels last night. Congrat's on reaching double digits. That is a huge achievement in this game. You're setting down the foundations for your best life again.

Pavi. Your social schedule would put our good friend Paris Hilton to shame.

Byrdy, glad you're chillin.

L8tr g8trs. Big waves to y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Not too awfully cold today but definitely jacket weather.
                          Had to run to everyone's fav store today Walmart for a few things. The very first thing I saw as I walked in the door was a giant sign saying 38 days until Christmas! Put a bit of panic in me for a moment, haha!!

Wags, glad the postop period is going well for you two. I hope you didn't work too hard today!

Pav, my ears always ring for a few days after a concert, Lol. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Ava, I hope you & your daughter have talked more & made some plans for good self care.

Hello to Pauly, Nursi, G, & Byrdie. I'm glad you're home safe & sound Byrdie.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Quick evening fly-by for me... I have tomorrow off! Well, sort of - I don't have any classes to teach, just prep to do for Tue sessions. In days of old a day off was a day I could start drinking earlier (like in the morning). So glad that isn't my jam anymore. Sometimes I wonder how I ever let myself get so bad, and remembering things like drinking away days off helps me recall and respect the power al wields over some of us. It's definitely dangerous stuff that I can never ever say yes to again.

Hope you all had wonderful weekends. I'll catch up with you tomorrow, hopefully after a bike ride or a hike or at least a lovely long walk.
                            Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Good Unhung Monday morning, Nesters,

The days keep chugging by and I keep on going along, doing what I've been taught to do here in the Nest. I was thinking last night, what an amazing source of support you all are. It helps so much to hear, "yeah, I understand that, yeah, that's really normal, keep going, keep going..". Like you all say, it's simple but not always easy. Though seeming to get ever "easier"..
                              Ava, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter..:hug: Thank goodness you can be there for her 100%, to listen to her, to help her navigate her way, to find help/support. Strength to you both.
                              Wags, I'm glad everything went well with the surgery.. Hope you have a lovely, restful day today.:love:
                              Pav, you are the concert going gal! Glad you had a fun time.. and hope that bun was darn yummy!!
                              Nar, yay! to feeling great the day after a Christmas party! Ours is on friday the 13th this year and I won't be going.. I never like our Christmas parties anyway. There's NO WAY to have fun if you don't drink because it's just a drag (in my opinion) so I'll pass. Fortunately it's not something they notice or care about!
                              Byrdie, glad you made it home safe to a warm house and a cuddly dog!

big Hugs to Lav, Kensho, Pauly, Gman, NS, Nursie, Belle.. everyone stopping or flying by this Monday. Let's make it a good one!xx
                              Last edited by lifechange; November 18, 2019, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Thank you all for your kind thoughts. Said daughter is doing much better after seeing the dr and spending time with her mum. she has slept and eaten and life is always so much better when that happens. Her bf now says he doesnt know if he will move back home to New Zealand so i want to kill him but it might be a wake up to both of them not to take each other for granted or they accepting being apart. One never can read minds. Im sure i will find out when im needed and i am driving her nuts ringing and fbing her most of the day. Thats what mothers are for.

The sun is shining today and i worked from home. not sure about the work part! Carl and i had a lovely early morning walk and i went for a mammogram. had to get all my friends to remind me as i have missed 3 of them. menopause mind is not fun to deal with. The natural supps i am taking are working really well and no hot flushes and sleeping so much better and more energy and not much anxiety. I am hoping they are my pill that gives me a rational life for now.

LC i used to play jacks though when we killed the animals on the farm we got them from that. mmm not a nice thought really but thats what we had to do back then. my mum used to keep the knuckles for us as they were called. Im like you, i dont do xmas parties, prefer to drink alone and not have to be controlled and look normal (when i was drinking that was). i have decided to go to a high tea for one of our neurologists who is having a bubs so that will be nice and with people whom i like.

Wags, so glad your wife is ok after her surgery, i hope 2020 is much nicer for her.

Nearly time to do some pottering in the garden, lots of tomatoes and corn and beetroot and spinach starting to grow. put in some beans and peas and lettuce. i used to hate gardening but it now gives me a sense of achieving something and saving money of course.

take care xx
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X