100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you, Sam. I'm trying to be more of an "in the moment" kind of person in general rather than dwelling on the past or worrying about the future so at one level I can embrace the "one day at a time" approach but for me, when I truly accepted that this was "forever", most of my difficulties with not drinking disappeared. I like the 'done forever' idea but I've come to learn that many people do not and it makes the situation worse for them to think that way. Like the name suggests, we've each got to find our own way out.

Snow has started in the middle of the country - I guess the falling temps will start soon.

Stay warm, US folks (and cool, Australian friends. What is going on in Europe???). NS

Comment

Yep Sam and NS I just cant think about the never or forever thing...today I will not drink....that is all I can do..
      Staying in today. The blizzard is not here yet..good thing for the folks heading to the football game..let it be tomorrow for the work day..;-)) retirement has its perks...
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi folks been busy. Glad to be back. Dortie I'm with NS Sam and Lav. I have to accept that Al is no longer an option. When I weigh the negatives against the high it isn't even a question. I'm tempted every day but as long as I can remember the dark days of Al addiction I know I wont drink.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

After a while TJ - just the thought of drinking makes you kinda sick
          I think the Hypno CDs may have planted that idea in my mind years ago & that's perfectly OK with me
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi friends,

Sam I really liked that last post. For me it's about being free of that thought cycle and moving on into real life. Drinking was just a huge obstacle and getting it out of the way is relief. I know why all the generic recovery ads have a person standing facing some beautiful sunrise, it does kind of feel that way.

Sorry to be scarce lately, just got a puppy so we have our hands pretty full at the moment, but life is good. There is no way I could handle it without being AF.

Have a great AF day!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Pinecone, don't get me started on bragging on my doggie! I have nonstop pictures and videos of her! Mine is a Chihuahua...what kind is yours? Gosh, how exciting, I am happy for you!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Byrdie! She looks like a Shepard mix with a black nose but light brown body. She's pretty fun! Yeah my phone is filling up with pics!

Edit to add: my daughter is kind of obsessed with chihuahuas. I think she likes saying that name.
                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Pine, how precious!! I bet you are a proud Papa! Do you know how old she is? My doggie has 16 toys and she knows the name of each one of them! She will retrieve them by name! She is a stubborn mule, however, she has to be in the mood. B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

8-9 weeks I think, going through that chewing on everything stage. Frozen rags seem to work pretty well! My goodness it's a lot of work, but so rewarding. 16 toys by name? Very impressive! It's great having a dog again.
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

I am definately a dog person.:dog::dog:
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

CONGRATS on the new puppy Pinecone!
                        Pretty soon your house will be full of dog hair & carpet stains :H :H
                        I have two dogs myself - they are true friends
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

You are right Lav and LB, there is nothing like that wagging tail and expectant expression. Even though it is busy with a 3 yr old and puppy, I'm happy and I know that there would be no way to enjoy this bustle with any amount of drinking. AF life opens doors that were closed before. I can enjoy the process as challenges and find the positives like getting lots of fresh air (at 3 AM in -10 weather!!). Have a great AF day!
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Oh, a puppy! We love our dog to pieces. She is a beautiful rescue mutt.
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

My dogs are great companions & always a source of entertainment!
                              Watching them ice skating across the deck & driveway this morning was hysterical :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

well might as well jump in here 2.. rescue rabbits..both mad as a box of frogs ....excelllent at hutch destruction..main hobbies eating and eating..with the odd sleep between meals
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X