Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Hi all,
    At what point did u all stop counting days??? Wondering if I should still post on the roll call...or not. Feeling good and resolved to this path.
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

mollyka;1604171 wrote: --- it is SO hard to get back on that wagon -- doesn't matter if it's after 5 days weeks or months imo --- the grog just drags every bit of motivation, self confidence, self esteem out of us from the get-go --- that pride in ourselves for our sobriety time --- all gone ---
      Right on Molly.

Just reading back on this maaagnificent thread.

This is what happened to me. I like to think i'm a savvy, smart sort of fella, but....... well, as we know AL does not discriminate and will show you no mercy. Therefore, my approach now is to show AL no mercy, take no prisoners, and a zero tolerance policy is firmly in place in the house of G. As Molly say's above, if i go back to drinking even for 1 session, the grog will drag me down, as my self confidence and self esteem begins to head south. Why? Because i know deep down i am ripping myself off, am wasting my precious time, am not being my best, and i will soon enough descend into booze oblivion, which is only a matter of time for me, and us. So a big part of all of this, of my relationship with booze, is ACCEPTANCE. And understanding my relationship with grog, and where it inevitably takes me.

I have found i am able to moderate for weeks, months even (before the slide down back to dangerous drinking levels and oblivion), but i don't like how i feel with the chemical lingering in my system. It takes my edge off, numbs me to life, and i am nowhere near my best. In this state (i.e. a week or more between drinks and intending to drink again - 'moderating'), even though sober, I know/feel i am a second rate G man to the world, but most importantly, to myself. Why? Because i'm still shackled to the grog and the thought of grog. This is not freedom. This is not me at my best. 24/7 sober living is what works for me best, and this is my choice. This is where i shine like a raaawk star.

See youse in 19 days.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You ARE a rock star, Mr. G.!

Thanks for that post - everyone on this thread is making the best choice. It is good to think of it that way.

EDIT: I thought you were already an elite member, you sound so good and strong! See you in 19 :hug:.

Comment

I second that, Mr G! AL didnt do me any favors! Infact it kept taking and taking until I was nearly given out. I look forward to seeing you here with all yoyr housemates, soon!

Mick, I mighta known you would chime in with your bunnies! They are eating machines!! You are a happy pappy! They have your nose, too!

Dot Belle, your count is YOURS! If you think it helps to keep posting it, I think it's just fine. In fact, I think you are a GREAT " roll" model over there. I like to see the big numbers...I am coming on one and Ima post it!! I am loud and proud of it! I am really proud of you, too!!! I'm so glad you're here!!

Xxoo, B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Dottie, I got tired of counting days, so I just posted weeks for awhile, and now I'm just posting months on the Sunday Shout Out thread. So it's whatever motivates you.

G Man, glad to hear that you are doing so great.

I just finished a book about dogs in the military, fascinating read.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yep Byrdie I like seeing the big numbers too..will keep it up for a while longer..I am proud of me too...hard to believe sometimes...but it is a great feeling..
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - I calculate my AF days every now & then - just for a giggle & to give myself a pat on the back. Today - 1751 days

G - you know we're going to have the dancing girls for your official arrival :cheering::cheering::cheering:
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1611051 wrote: Dottie - I calculate my AF days every now & then - just for a giggle & to give myself a pat on the back. Today - 1751 days

G - you know we're going to have the dancing girls for your official arrival :cheering::cheering::cheering:
                  Wow!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

WOW that is a lot of days....I will get there too...
                    Went to the grocery alone today and that would have been my way to get wine and not tell dh but I did not....walked right past the isle and didnt waver...woohoo for me!! So I hope this means it will get easier now....at least I hope so...cravings are much fewer and farther between....it really does get better..
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

You just keep hanging in there Dottie. It does get easier & easier as you rewire your brain
                      I do not consider this a struggle at all. I consider this a smart lifestyle change
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Dottie
                        Roll call is a great deterrent when I'm thinkin drinkin.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Whatever works, right Sam?

No rain, ice or snow going on today - yay!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Congratulaltions on 500 days, Sunbeam!

Comment

No Sugar, thanks so much for remembering this. I am truly touched. As I recently mentioned, I don't keep count of the days. It is beautiful out today, and a week ago the wind chill was way below zero. I have been working outside, the best way I know to celebrate.

I had a dream recently that I had decided I could have a glass of wine on special occasions. Nope, not going there.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

You're welcome, Sunbeam

I've been chasing the triplets (you, Allen, and Kuya) the whole time! I'm glad I haven't caught any of you or fallen further behind.

:h NS

Comment

Working...
                                X