100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuya i have thought of you often while you were gone. It's good to see you here.

Comment

Hey there FlyAway - good to see you

kuya, it really is best NOT to engage certain difficult individuals. There is no hope in trying to get them to understand anything you are saying - don't waste your time & energy

Well, I hear there is a foot or more of snow on the way today - ugh. Hope you are OK Dottie & Sunbeam.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

kuya;1616223 wrote: You are soooooo right. It was just the timing that threw me.

She has been PMing today ( as you know) trying to be smart. What a nutter!

I am ready to move on now....but may leave her quote in my signature as a warning to others!
        Kuya - don't let the nutters win !
        You add so much here to MWO - f*ck them !
        STAY !

Comment

satz123;1616416 wrote: Kuya - don't let the nutters win !
          You add so much here to MWO - f*ck them !
          STAY !
          I have blocked her and will stick around....so many good (and sane! :H:H) people have welcomed me back I realise that this barrel is 99% good apples. I must learn to be Lav-like and ignore the rotten ones!

I have missed chatting with folks and love helping new people find their sober feet again.

Comment

Hi Kuya!!! I am thrilled to see you back!!! :l

I was on the Caper Hit List a couple weeks ago too. I asked politely not to be contacted anymore and she has respected my wishes. Some people have no social skills, much less a sense of humor. I pity them.

Carry on my friend...I love you just the way you are and do not go disappearing again or I will hunt you down! :H
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Lav we got 5 or so inches..it is 11F right now..going down to 0 or below...57 days until spring...
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

We have maybe 3 inches of snow on the ground, the current east coast snow dump didn't reach us. It's very cold and getting colder tonight. I went to work, and continue to do things around the house intermittently. But when I sit, it is next to the fireplace.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I need to dump more wood on the fire too Sunbeam

It started snowing here at 9 am, it's 9 pm now & has been piling up at the rate of 1-2 inches per hour. It's still snowing I live in the I-95 corridor between DC & NY & Boston where they predicted the heaviest snowfall. I'm so lucky :H
                  Actually I am lucky, my neighbor has plowed my driveway twice already, bless him. I baked breads today & just handed a loaf to him!!!
                  Going down into the single digits tonight - 2 or 3 degrees or something - swell.

Sam, how much did you get??
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Hi friends,

Sunbeam your description of sitting with your yarn and dog at your feet put a smile on my face. That just sounds so relaxing!

The puppy has a bout of minor diarrhea so plenty of trips outside in the middle of the night. 29 degrees below zero last night. I'm tired but drinking my hot green tea right now and the woodstove is going.

Stay warm everybody! Have a great AF morning.
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Sunbeam - What a nice Norman Rockwell-ish picture you described...I'd love to be sitting by a fire with my dogs watching some sort of weather outside! As it is, we are now in the middle of the worst drought EVER in history. My backyard is pure dirt. I raked it the other day to try to make it look pretty. LOL What I wouldn't give for some rain!!! But no, we are cursed with this blasted 82 degree weather all year long!!! :beach: It WAS a bit overcast yesterday, but that was just the smog blowing over from China.

My cocker spaniel Forrest was snoring so loud this morning...actually woke me up, and he sleeps on the floor! LOL He has the comfiest bed in the house, memory foam with a super comfy blanket that I paid $30 for. Hey, he survived the Los Angeles dog pound, he deserves it!

Kuya, keep your head up girlie...you are better than the "comments". Blow them off, and remember that we loves you! :h
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

It's picturesque until you have to drive in it...uggh. Lav and Sam are neighbors so to speak. Lav we got around 6 inches but it's blowing all to get go. I live in flat country with farms all about so the snow blows over the roads as fast as they can plow. K9 thanks for reminding us that, "All the leaves are brown and the sky is grey, I've been for a walk on a winters day I'd be save and warm if I was in LA"
                        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

TJAF I sang that in my head...love that song...hope I dont think of it all night. ;-))
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

California dreamin' on such a winter's day..............
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

More snow on the way for Saturday
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

yep here too Lav . 2-4 inches