100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell you what, today I had the urge for a 6 pack, not one beer but the whole damn thing, the thought lasted a fleeting moment and was gone. Things were not going well, and I thought fuck it and then I realized what that would mean, back to the high blood pressure, back to the guilt, gain back what weight I've lost, back to the etc etc etc. So the thoughts happen, wasn't real strong but dang if it wasn't there, waiting for me to cave. Son of a gun!!
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

You're too strong for the voice now, Sam! Great job :l.

Comment

Sam, it is so great to be operating rationally in those tempting moments, instead of in denial. We know where we have been and where we are going. Turning back gets no serious consideration.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

You know something?
          I just realized that I am pushing 2000 AF days before too long. How freaking stupid would it be at this point to decide to drink??
          I really believe the longer we stay away from the stuff the easier it gets
          Just keep hanging in there everyone!!!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wow!!!:bow:bow:bow

You are amazing! I am just doing what you do!! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

:shocked:Congrats on 2000 days!!! OMG!!! Awesome. I admire you and you rock, Lavande.
              AF since 10/20/2013
              Smoke free since 09/24/2007
              Meat free since 09/20/2008
              ---------------------------------------
              With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

No congrats yet folks :H
                I still have another 56 days to go until I reach 2000 - but that just seems like a drop in the bucket to me at this point
                I never would have thought about it but Quitnet counts your non-smoking days for you & it suddenly hit me - Wow!

Let's all keep moving forward - that's all we have to do
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Bumping up our thread so it doesn't get buried in spam
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Lav, since you are 56 days shy of that 2000 day mark I'm taking back one of my bows.....
                    :bow:bow

Sorry, Kiddo. XXOO, B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

2000 days - that's so cool, Lav. Quadruple digits! Hope your power stays on (read somewhere you said storms were brewing)

Does anyone have experience with pain-killers/muscle relaxanants after becoming sober? I have lower back issues a few times each year, and my back began spasming last night and this morning I couldn't move. My dr. prescribed Zinatidine for the spasms and hydrocodone for the pain. I specifically asked for drugs that wouldn't make me loopy if possible because I was worried about feelig buzzed. This is the first time I've taken drugs since becoming AF, and because I was worried about the feeling simulating AL, I just alternated with heat/ice most of the day. But I took the pills an hour or so ago as I'll never sleep without.

Except for having trouble typing, speaking in coherent sentences, and physically feeling like jello, so far I've been glad to find out that my brain doesn't feel buzzed. Just sleepy and lacking coordination. And no mood enhancement, either, which I just realized tonight might be the biggest difference between how my body responds to a high from AL versus pain killers.

Are there any painkillers that any of you have experience with that you would avoid if at all possible? Just curious.
                      Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Tinazidine, not Zinatidine. As I said i am having typing problems!
                        Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Pepper - no advises about pain killers, but GREAT post in the nest about liver damage. Very impressive.
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

I agree that that was a great post, Peppersnow!

Comment

Hi, All:

Thanks for your thoughtful replies. So far just imagining that last day of mine has been enough, and I agree that it is getting easier to just push those thoughts away.

Pepper - I have read that alcoholics need to be careful with any narcotics - specifically tell your doctor about alcohol addiction so s/he uses care in what is prescribed. Sorry about your back pain - I hope you feel better soon.

I had a wonderful four days "off the grid" with good friends and lots of laughs. There were nights when I didn't even think about posting here which is a first for me. If I had my computer I probably would have. I like checking in daily, and believe that it is an important tool in my sobriety, but I sometimes find myself spending too much time here. I guess it may be time to wean away from ALL the stuff I post and focus on a few.

Lav - I'll give you one for being 56 days from 2,000! :bow:

Pav

Comment

Pav, there are no limits on what a girl can post on here!

If you look at my Shero, Lav (:bow: ) she is one of the longest termers I know, and she posts any and every time she wants to! Nobody says you gotta wean off! This is the MotherShip and we gain strength from being connected to it! Besides, I am a closet Pav stalker. So there, I said it, you are on my buddy list. I love your thoughtful posts! If what you are doing it working....keep doing it!

That's what I say! I've seen too many folks drift off into outer space. I just do what Lav does and she is VERY active here. :h

Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X