100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallen, I'm so sorry you are going thru these tough times. I am hoping that the waters smooth on out for you, or you can manage the pain better. You are racking up big numbers in both columns!

Mick, why don't you bring the bunny inside? In the picture with the HI, is that her pen to the left? You went to a lot of trouble for that greeting for us!! Your wife must think you are nuts!!! (but you are OUR nut!!). Thanks for posting those!

Spent a lazy day today for the MLK holiday... tomorrow, it's back to the grind....XO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Great pics Mick, thanks
      I have an electric heating base that the chicken's water can sits on so the water never freezes. Can you get anything like that for your bunnies?

Fallen Angel, my daughter had been suffering some severe arthritic type pain until she went to see a Naturopath a few months ago. She was diagnosed with a severe wheat & gluten allergy. Her symptoms cleared up very quickly when she eliminated them from her diet

Getting a bit of snow here tonight & it's well below freezing.
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Triggers huh! It is so hard to explain to the newly abstainant how frequent they are at the beginning but how quickly they subside, yet can catch you unawares.

A couple of weeks ago I went for my first swim of the summer......WHAM! Was nearly in tears with an overwhelming desire for a drink.

This was ONLY because I always DESERVED a drink after a workout in the pool :H:H

The brain is weird and wonderful. After four months of happy sobriety with next to no cravings the action of swimming then drinking alcohol was still hard wired into my brain.

I realised within a minute or so and kinda laughed at myself, whilst still feeling a little shocked.

I swam again the next day.......NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH!.......the child yelling for candy had been firmly told NO and already had learned ' swimming no longer equals alcohol....so stop asking'

Every time we say NO the addiction retreats.......similarly, every time we give in and 'slip' the spoiled child has got it's way and will try harder next time.

I know it will be a while before I encounter all my triggers, which is why I stay very close to this site.

Comment

Mornin all..just done my driving bit...hi Byrdie..in answer to the questions...firstly neither ofv them want to come inside...I have tempted him as far as the door but after that its a no no..you can pick him up ..but the one in the piccy...she wont let you...something has happened in her life that she is very aware /frightened of...I know that when we got her from the rescue they said she had escaped and was in the wilds for 2 days, so whatever happened didnt impress her.Youve heard the saying rabbit punch?she certainly has got some power..as long as they are happy..The hutch is next to the house..the pic of her just shows the corner 6ft by 2ft by 4..going to extend it this year!!!
          Havent seen the bottle warmers Lav..this does..anything with wires and they would chew it!!!

How is everyone today?
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Howdy Mick....still burning the midnight oil here.......late start tomorrow

Comment

mollyka;1448279 wrote: As always - I appear to agree with you Ky
              No definitely - it's the 'association' with situations I think, and as you say, when we remove that association - it dims and dims - I was very aware going over to Canada that the long-haul flight/airport/stop-over etc. would/could be a major trigger --- 'association' with alcohol was - shall we say - 'extremely associated' in the past - On the way home - nothing - absolutely nothing - so - like you and the swimming - another one bites the dust!!!
              Morning to all else here, need to get my ass in gear tho, and do some real work - like unpacking
              OMG, Molly your post reminded me that Airports are dangerous places for me. Especially LONG layovers and then long flights to follow that. I must say that I'm feeling very comfy without any alcohol buttons being pushed and have no feelings of craving it. BUT...when I remember my disastrous trips to Hawaii I shutter! I would only dare go visit my grand-kids after months of being AF. Last time I really messed up! Next time I will take Antabuse as a safety net so no matter what...I CAN NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!!!!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Wow, this thread is terrific! Very happy to be here.

I know I can't even think of going on a plane without craving a drink at this point. I haven't flown since I stopped this time. A good book and Starbucks will keep me happy on a layover, but even though I love flying, it still scares me.

Mick, over here you can get outdoor electric dog bowls that have wire coiled around the cord to prevent adventurous biting. I love your back yard, and thanks for the hi!

Byrd, Fallen, Mollyka, and many others that I don't see on the daily abs thread, it is great to get your imput over on this thread. Kuya, Lav, Mick and all my buds from the daily thread, I think this is a wonderful place to come as well.

I've been feeling a little bit down these days. Maybe I'll pick up some vitamin B12 and see if that helps. Believe it or not, I'm sad that football season is almost over, but I also think I am getting bored with TV and will have to think of new things to do in the evening to amuse myself.

Anyway, back to check out the daily thread, but it sure is good to know this is here!

Hugs to all,
                :l
                YahYah
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

I was in an airport restroom once rushing between flights....I took out one of my mini bottles of vodka, coughed as I opened it so my 'neighbors' wouldn't hear the seal breaking and proceeded to DROP the dam thing on the floor. Can you imagine what those neighbors thought? It splattered all over the place.... I picked it up and drank what was left. At least it didn't roll into the next stall!!!!!!!!!!! Oh god....The GLAMOUR of it all!!!
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Isnt it strange how its always vodka too...think there is a lot of kiddology there ..no one can smell it...but you can
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yes Mick....I don't know how that rumor ever started quite frankly, because you CAN smell it. Smart marketing is all I can figure, to make folks like us believe we are operating under the radar. But OOOPS, Dare it is!!! As that song says....
                      I am still mindful of being in close proximity to people for fear they can smell something on me....now THAT is conditioning!! Dear lord, what a life that was.....living in constant FEAR of being found out!!!
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

I was never able to drink vodka - gave me an instant & violent headache
                        Most likely an allergy reaction....just as well. Come to think of it red wine & Budweiser beer did the same thing! Glad I don't have to worry about that crap anymore. I am also strangely different in that I didn't like to drink AL on airplanes. I always wanted to be alert in hopes that I would be able to save myself in an emergency situation. Leave it to me to be the oddball :H

YahYah, welcome to the coolest thread ever
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdlady;1448359 wrote: I was in an airport restroom once rushing between flights....I took out one of my mini bottles of vodka, coughed as I opened it so my 'neighbors' wouldn't hear the seal breaking and proceeded to DROP the dam thing on the floor. Can you imagine what those neighbors thought? It splattered all over the place.... I picked it up and drank what was left. At least it didn't roll into the next stall!!!!!!!!!!! Oh god....The GLAMOUR of it all!!!
                          Yeah I would load up before the flight left with alcohol from the duty free shop. Then,DRINK on the plane. After landing I'd sweat my way to the rental car and pray to find a place to fill the car with beer before I headed to the Motel. I can honestly say I didn't drive after I drank...almost never in my whole life. I was so afraid of hurting someone else. I would do most anything to get AL but would never drove after I drank it. I have several stores in my neighborhood so Al was never far away. The worst was waking at 3am knowing I was out of drink and that the store wouldn't sell me beer til 7am. I made sure I had a stash nearby or if I ran out then someone would have to go buy it for me.
                          THANK GOD THOSE DAYS ARE GONE FOR EVER! I'm sober now and I'll do whatever it takes to stay that way!
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

No airport drinking in my past. My abusive drinking was mostly home alone. But it is very possible to be alone in an airport, isn't it?
                            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Sunbeam;1448958 wrote: No airport drinking in my past. My abusive drinking was mostly home alone. But it is very possible to be alone in an airport, isn't it?
                              There is always privacy in the bathroom...LOL Sunny, I mostly drank locked away at home but my addiction was so bad that to be somewhere with AL was almost unthinkable!

Comment

What I find amazing is how much better I can smell AL now. Wifey had a few glasses of wine at my Dads retirement party the other night, and wheeeeeeeeech!

Didnt want to light a match near here............:H
                                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                                X