100 Day Club members/Maintenance Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelz;1448974 wrote: What I find amazing is how much better I can smell AL now. Wifey had a few glasses of wine at my Dads retirement party the other night, and wheeeeeeeeech!

Didnt want to light a match near here............:H
    You know what is amazing to me Nelz is how much better the World smells (me included...lol). I now smell the fragrance of baking bread when I walk into the Market and I smell the steaks cooking from a near~by restaurant. I think best of all the air itself smells fresh and clean. My 3 doggers even smell GOOD to me. Things taste so much better as well. I LOVE BEING SOBER!!!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hippy and Nelz, it is amazing that in the process of numbing our minds we numbed everything else too. I have teased the Nesters if I ever write a book it'd be called, "Numb and Number" (nummer, not #). Everything wakes up and comes to life when you stop pouring poison all over it. It makes me sad that the think the thing I feared worst, being without my crutch, has been the single best thing I've ever done for myself. FEAR is a bitch...a real obsticle in this thing. Now what I fear is falling in that hell hole again, and as long as I have a couple marbles rolling around upstairs, it won't happen. I'm as tough as a cheap steak at the Waffle House when it comes to booze! Not one, Not ever!
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

excelss alcohol driving permits

Support is growing for the introduction of drink-driving permits on rural Irish roads as a second council is set to hear a motion on the proposal.
        Councillors in County Kerry have already backed a change in the law that would allow drinkers in rural areas to drive after having 'two or three drinks'.
        But despite widespread criticism of the proposal, originally put forward by pub owner and Independent councillor Danny Healy-Rae, a councillor in another county has expressed support.
        Independent Galway councillor Michael Fahy said he would raise the idea at the next sitting of his council's policy committee.
        He disagreed with the assertion that more lax rules would lead to more road deaths, saying: 'We don't want to see people drunk, we're only talking about up to three pints.
        'This would have to be monitored, maybe by the publican or through some sort of stamped card system.'
        Mr Healy-Rae's suggestion that a permit system would help prevent 'depression and suicide' was widely condemned.
        He also claimed that people in rural areas were 'travelling very minor roads … with very little traffic' and 'have never killed anyone.'
        The motion was passed by Kerry county council, in south-west Ireland, on Monday by five votes to three, with the remainder of the councillors either absent or abstaining.

Rural: Mr Healy-Rae claimed that people in rural areas were 'travelling very minor roads with very little traffic' and 'have never killed anyone'
        Three of those who voted in favour of Mr Healy-Rae's proposal are also believed to be publicans.
        The approved motion will now be considered by Minister for Justice Alan Shatter who will then decide whether or not to take the issue up with government.
        Mr Healy-Rae claimed his proposal would bring back a social outlet for lonely people in rural areas that has been lost after more strict drink-drive laws were introduced.

Well? what are peoples thoughts on this one??? should say excess in the title !!!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, i travelled the roads between Dublin & Galway 10 years ago. True, we covered a lot of scenic back roads, stopping here & there but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it now knowing that folks have been given permission to drink & drive. You know full well that the 2-3 drink limit would be severely abused. It just doesn't make any sense
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick...This ranks right up there with the top 10 dumb ideas!! I tell you...don't get me started! The world is heading for absolute CHAOS! You have to have baseline rules, for Pete's Sake! It can be up to the local law whether to look the other way or not...Plus it's subjective. UGG...what do we pay these lawmakers to do....sometimes I wonder.

I'm fired up now!!! B!
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

How did I miss this whole thread??

I see Byrdie is fired up...I better read back and figure out why!

I'll definitely stop by more often...I did see the comment about the "Newbie speeches" we give...I had to laugh because I am always trying to figure out how I can tell the same story with different words...it becomes quite a challenge.

Usually the kicker is when I start talking about my cellmate named Diablo. LOL
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9...... Your Diablo reference STILL makes me smile after six months here.......I have the image from 'something about Mary' when Ben Stiller is being spooned in the cell! :H:H:H

Mick the increased limit is a reflection of desperation from Irish publicans facing bankruptcy due to reduced consumption. I feel sorry they have chosen the wrong era for this trade but very happy for society. Even if implemented it is going against the tide IMO.

Comment

Its interesting that they go on about 2 or 3 pints..and how they would monitor it..by some sort of a tick sheet/stamp etc.Even if this nonsense was implemented, it would be left wide open to abuse...A publican who is trying to earn his crust by selling beer is most certainly going to say.....Im sorry, cant serve you any more, I would rather forego my profit margin than see you have any more than 2 or 3 pints...even if I can fiddle your card to show otherwise and you have got a get out of jail free card!!!

Strangely enough..nowhere in any of the articles I have read does it mention blood/alcohol content which is the current method of identification, rather ranging from a couple to some to 2 or 3..is that 2 or 3 pints of gnats p beer with an abv of 3.2% or Tennents super strength lager with an abv of 9% ???
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mick, so do I have this right - some of the councillors that are to decide this are pub owners who did not feel the need to recuse themselves due to a conflict of interest, AND the pub owners will be the ones policing this? So much seems wrong there, even beyond the obvious drinking and driving.

The Diablo story is my favorite :H
                    AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

K9, have you heard how Diablo is getting on? Are you FaceBook friends by chance? I'm with the others, that story still hits me. Your new avatars with your daughter are priceless...I bet you have a great time together (now). I'm so glad we hung in there and finally got our acts together~ XO, B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Sadly, I lost touch with Diablo...I'm sure she's currently terrorizing someone new. I keep thinking I'll catch a glimpse of her on one of my prison shows that I'm addicted to.

Yes, my daughter and I have great times (now)...except for those moments when her teenage attitude kicks in and I have to remind her that I am her mother and not her little girlfriend that she can get all feisty with. LOL Thankfully those moments pass quickly!! People always tell me how beautiful she is...and I say "thank you, but more importantly, she's beautiful on the inside"...I am lucky to have her :h
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Just took this picture now...22.45 pm..for all you people with luvverly sunshine!!!

Comment

Brrrrrr Mick! We are about to get a dusting of snow here at the beach! Kuya is over there in a heat wave!!! It ain't right! Thanks for posting that, by gosh, I am going to make myself figure out how to post a picture! I have the photobucket account! I must stop being lazy and DO IT. Hope everyone is thriving!! Hugs, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just got an inch or two of snow here - enough
                              Looks like you really got slammed Mick, sorry.

Byrdie, upload your photos to Photobucket. Then copy & paste the img codes here to imbed the photos in your post. Cmon....you can do it :H :H
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick;1450592 wrote: Just took this picture now...22.45 pm..for all you people with luvverly sunshine!!!

Ah Mick.....I can vaguely remember what that white stuff is......icing sugar innit? :H:H:H

Looks like a luverly warm blanket, you must be nice and warm

Comment

Working...
                                X