Mod Squad Weekly Thread December 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know - I have thought that too. Oh well, I better go back to my reading. I woke up super early and may as well be productive, thanks for talking. I will check in later.

Comment

What book are you reading?
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

just my college readings, boring! Lots of it I can't really understand, but I do enough to get by. I like to read for fun, so I can't wait for this semester to be over - it will be in a few weeks.

Comment

I have a really cool advent calendar to collect money over advent for International Aid. It has different things to do each day, e.g. There are people in the world who don't have any clean drinking water, give 5p for each tap in your house. Anyway, todays is:

Place a box or tin in a prominent place in your house to collect money in. I could use an empty coffee jar... or an empty beer can or vodka bottle.

JOKING!!!
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Good morning Vlad, Lila, J-vo, Zed, and everyone who checks in later. I too am looking for a sensible December Vlad. Although I am doing better than when I started, I still want to cut back and have some AF days. My weight loss has stalled as well because I have not been eating as healthfully as I should and the workouts were scare over the holiday.

Let's get back on track!!!

Comment

A PINCH AND A PUNCH FOR FIRST OF THE MONTH!!!

Can't believe how much news I had to get thru before posting, damn we are a busy lot lol!!

My weekend went really well, the daughter had a ball at her farewell dance and her birthday party was a joy. I am just felling a little tired after having all those kids in my house but otherswise I am in top form.
              Hubby mis-behaved himself horribly on Friday night and I must tell you that B4 MWO it would've turned into a full scale war but I kept my cool and sent him to bed and the next morning we had a good heart to heart and a bit of a giggle so all's forgiven -- that's a first for me!

Ask, I just loved reading your post about your Thanksgiving yoga class -- it re-inforces my belief that yoga is something I MUST persue.

J-Vo, how are you feeling today? Did you learn anything from overindulging at Thanksgiving. Be kind to yourself, learn from it, forgive yourself. You are being productive by reviewing your goals, checking and re-checking what's working.

Ching ching, little brother! You really do have your head screwed on the right way. I am so inspired with the strenght you show when comfronted with difficult situations -- be it your country at war with itself or facing AL.
              Your post about what is going on in India helps me to understand what is happening there -- it is so un-comprehensible to the rest of the world but "hearing" what you have to say give some insight to what the people of India are faced with. Thank you for sharing!
              Your dinner party sounds like it was a great success -- you had the whole world there lol!

Peri, I had to smile when I read that your game is Scrabble. My Mum and Sister often have scrabble competitions long into the night -- I am often reluctant to join them as they are absolute masters at the game but I do enjoy it when I am on holiday.
              Happy birthday to hubby for the 28th -- did you spoil him? My daughter's birthday is on the 30th of December, so still a while away but because of school breaking up this friday we have her party early.

Sun, it must be very difficult for you with both parents passing away at this time of the year -- makes me extra grateful to have not only both my parents but my wonderful in-laws too.
              I must tell you that I spent a good 3 hours looking for my avatar -- can't remember where I eventually found it but Ostrich avatars are not easy to come by I tell you.
              I went onto a website called Moderation Management -- have you ever heard of it? Well I didn't telve too deeply into it but one thing stuck with me and that is one of the MM rules is never to drink 2 nights in a row. I had drinks on Friday night to meet hubby's new partner and on Saturday night it was my daughter's birthday dinner so I was about to order a glass of wine with dinner and remembered what I had read so ordered iced tea instead -- I like that rule and am going to incorporate it into my plan.

GB, I was in your shoes last month. My hubby went to China for 2 weeks and the previous year he did that was just a disaster for me... I can't remember much of the 2 weeks but I do remember him arriving back a day early and I was on the back end of a bender -- the shame nearly killed me. This year was very different, i stayed close to the boards for support and what amazing support I recieved!! I also went AF the whole 2 weeks with the exception of one night which was my birthday.
              Stay close to us, let us know what your plan is and we'll help you throught the next 2 weeks, with love and support!
              GB, I could relate to your post about feeling a bit odd posting with hubby next to you. Altho my hubby is fully aware of the MWO programme and supports me 110%, my posting is private and I don't know why but I also feel uneasy with the thought of sharing with him what I have written here.

Lila, how are you doing today? A good cry is good for the soul... cleansing!

Ducky, shopping on-line huh... I've never tried that. SA is just not as geared towards on-line shopping as the rest of the world but we are getting there. I have yet to even begin my Xmas shopping. I'm dredding it really as I don't get the luxuary of a Xmas bonus as I work for myself so it always sends me into the RED!!

Vladster, I'm owining up!! I have not been filling in the DT for Nov as I was too upset with the 3's and 4's that I'd have to fill in, so in typical DB fashion I behaved like an ostrich and pretended I couldn't see the DT therefore it didn't exist - naughty naughty. This month I WILL fill in the DT DAILY!!
              What are your plans for New Year? I too am concerned about it. Every year everyone comes to our house, gets horribly drunk, trashes the place and the party normally lasts till the 2nd. This year I want to break the cycle and go away for a couple of days with my parents. Hubby is dead keen on having a quiet one this year so i'm going to take advantage of the opportunity and start looking around for accomodation.... maybe somewhere by the sea

Where's Limers, Oney, Starts and Vera???!!
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi DeeBee, glad the w/e went well. I am nearly finished with my shopping but I do NOT enjoy it. And our holidays are just not as fun because we have such a small gathering. I'd love to go away but my in laws depend on me to throw all the holiday parties...oh well.

Comment

Afternoon Deebs and Ducky.

At least you didn't have to post a 6!

Comment

newbie..sort of

Hi everybody.I am renewal and am new to this thread. A quick backdrop. About 5 months ago or so, I visited this site. Started up a thread called 'Newbies Unite'...eventually turned into Newbies Nest..........throughout that process, I was pretty 'tuned in' and focused....felt I was helping others as well as myself...... I went 31 days AF for the first time in ages........figured I was doing okay, and 'flew the coop' to moderate....well, let's just say my moderating efforts have not been great. I'm a guy in my late forties....work in a high stress profession. I only drink at night after work, but really do struggle with moderation at times. I know I 'should' go AF, but just know I'm not 'there' right now, which is why I want to moderate...just need help getting there. It's nice to be here, and appreciate any supportive words.............
                    Renewal

Comment

Hi Renewal - great to have you on board. Have you got some rules for moderating?

Comment

hi

Not any I've had success with......I live alone and accountability is an issue which is a big reason I've returned here...........Renewal

Comment

Hi renewal -just have a quick min. to welcome you. You have found a wonderful, loving group here. Lots of support.

I will check back in later with you all.

Hugs- St. J
                          Toughen up!

Comment

hi all
                            welcome Renewal! I hope this thread works for you. I feel most at home here.
                            Vlad - post a 6? Drinktracker? Today's a new day!
                            Ducky, yes, let's get back on track.
                            St John - nice to see you here again!
                            DeeBee, does that sound good? A quiet New Years? Sounds great to me, really. I like to think and make plans.
                            This morning I sat by my sunlamp a bunch and it helped a lot. I got all caught up in my worries, and I thought today I have a lot of things that are really, really good in my life. Emotions! So hard to deal with sometimes.
                            I decorated for Christmas and I came home and was surprised how lovely the house looked.
                            have a great afternoon everyone
                            Lila

Comment

Hi everyone,
                              I am sorry to continue to hear stories of people struggling. I am feeling a little out of place because I am a very moderate drinker, continuing to meet my goals to drink less. The moment I relished this weekend was after all the guest left. I used to always find the open wine bottles and drain them - no more!

I just spent two days reading a little murder mystery (JA Jance), ventured to a few stores on Sunday afternoon. I have begun to get some Christmas decorations down. The lights outside are up, with the help of my visiting niece. Just 6 strands are enough.

Welcome, Renewal. This is a great group.

Take care all.

I love you all. You are all such real people, not just electronic messages.
                              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hey Modders,

First, welcome to you Renewal. It's great to have you here and I hope you can receive the support you need. I know I have, so you are Renewal a.k.a. BB2!

Peri - what kind of yoga do you do? I can see that it not only helps you spiritually, but also physically. So many people that claim that's all they do have great physiques (Madonna!). I know I need to calm my mind down as well as get toned, but it's such a major undertaking and the hours it takes is a little overwhelming. I bought a bowflex that I'd love to use but it only stresses me out trying to get on the treadmill and do the bowflex, so it's just collecting dust.

Zed - I hope everything is calming down on that side of the earth. I haven't read much more than I did initially - it's all so depressing. Hope your family and friends are doing ok. You are such a strong person. I think it was Peri discussing 9/11 and the other terrorist attacks that were so hard to face and comprehend. But most of the world is good, especially when we're good to ourselves.

Vlad - I'm all for a sensible December. Quite frankly, I can't remember when I did have sensible one. I'd love to enjoy it which, because of my social issues, it's always been a difficult time of year for me. My post on the DT was pretty sad! Gosh, can you imagine that DT if we weren't trying to mod!!??

Lila- what classes are you taking? Is the semester almost over? What degree are you working towards? Good luck! I'll be taking three classes beginning in February next year.

Hi Ducky, Deebee, St. John, Vera, Sun- hope is all going well with you all. Deebee, glad you got through your daughter's party. Did you set up any time with grandparents - school is out this Friday!!!! Watch out!

Have a great night. I'm back on track!
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X