• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad Weekly Thread 8th December

that's nice you have a husband to share things with

Comment

Hubby's brother used to drink 24+ cans of beer a day. Guess what, his pancreas nearly exploded. He hasn't drunk for over 2 years since.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Just remembered I have a Christmas do to go to Friday - better set myself some rules. Like NO VODKA for one and make every other drink a soft drink.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

vlad;489678 wrote: Anyway, there's half a bottle left...
          Throw the rest away Vladster!! Down the drain!

Hey BH (no more), it's great to hear from you -- you and Sun are both in a place I aspire to be
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

DeeBee;489727 wrote: Throw the rest away Vladster!! Down the drain!
            I just know that will not happen. Sorry.

Comment

Hey Starts, sorry to hear you are having a tough time. Hang in there, you are one tough cookie and you are going tobe just fine.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks Deebers, feeling lots better now, but seemed to go through a toughy last week. Kept telling myself these things shall pass....and they did :-)
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good morning all,

DeeBee, thanks for the kind words on the issue of children. It has always killed me to see folks mistreating or abandoning their children. I want to scream - give them to me! Oh well, I will check out mentoring after the holidays. Here is a link to the recipe for the pickled cukes. If it does not work just let me know and I will PM the recipe.

Cooks Illustrated: Home

Hi to starting and bhag and sunbeam. Starting, I can understand why it would be hard to hang out here if you are feeling vulnerable but glad you popped in!

Vlad, don't feel bad. That's what the group is here for. Hi Lila, hope you have put your worries aside.

Back later. Off to make some turkey broth!

Comment

Good morning squad,

Well I spent a good part of yesterday evening and even woke up this morning still thinking about my single parenting days. Wow, who knew I still had these emotions simmering. I want to clarify something though. I definitely had magical "parenting" moments with my boys! It was the "singleness" that I didn't like. I loved them through thick and thin and there was nothing I wouldn?t do for them. We were always a very close family and had many, many very good family times together. It was important to me to make our family as much a family as possible. I ranted yesterday about all the difficulty based on the question ?did I like being a single parent?? But even through the wonderfully good stuff that was there, I longed to share the good times with a partner who cared for them as much as I did. Yea the universe? I don?t know why things go the way they do, they just do. Ironically I met my husband, who I consider to be my soul mate, shortly after things got worked out with the BPD son. For whatever reason, it was my job to get him through this by myself. My boys were 16 and 18 by the time I met my hubby, nearly grown by then. They both have great adult relationships with him.

DeeBee, sister?s are wonderful people aren?t they? I had to call mine yesterday to talk about my stuff I had brewing over the single parenting years. She knows me better than anyone else in the world. I?m glad you had fun with yours over the weekend. I posted the White Chili in the recipe section, per your request. I typed it into Word first and had to laugh later because of the auto spell checker. It automatically changed tabasco to tobacco and I hadn?t noticed it. So I posted an ingredient to the forum as a dash of tobacco without noticing. I went back later and looked at the post and somehow noticed it! So it has been edited now!

Hi Sun and BH, glad that things are going well for all of you. SO, hang in there, sounds like you are doing better now. We love hearing from you here.

Vlad, what will you do with the ? bottle of vodka? I like DeeBees idea of draining it. Maybe you could ask your husband to do it if you can?t do it yourself. You have told us, and it is clear that it doesn?t help you keep your mod goals. Maybe hard to hear but that?s what we are here for. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. I want you to be successful. How can I be of support to you? Please tell us what we can do. You are trying so hard and you are a wonderful person. Do something good for yourself today.

Hi Ducky, I always want to take little children from bad homes and give them to good homes too. Just not fair!

Lila, I my wish for you is to find serenity throughout your day today.

Zed and Eve, I join the rest of the squad in anticipation of hearing your tales of your journeys soon.

With love and peace,
                    periwinkle :h
                    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi Peri,

Glad you were able to vent with your sister. I have two sisters and I love them but we are not close in that way and I don't really feel I can bare my soul to them. I guess I use friends for that purpose but you are lucky to have her.

Comment

Peri, I felt guilty asking you questions, actually, later thinking I hope I didn't upset you or stir up things. To me, it helps puts things into perspective, and I am afraid of stuff, even though, honestly I have less to deal with. I also very - well, maybe stuck in the present, need to know there is a life beyond - I don't know.
                        I like a spiritual perspective so much. It is amazing how your life turned out. I really do Believe, but tend to lose that perspective in the moment. If that makes any sense.
                        Lila

Comment

hi Ducky I see we cross posted.

Comment

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to stop in and say Hi, I have a busy work schedule today, but I wanted to send everyone a "hello".
                            :teeter:JAMMS

"I'm safe.. up high...no one can touch me...why do I feel this party's over?...."

"no pain..inside...you're my protection...how do I feel this good SOBER?!"

Comment

Hi Jamms!

Comment

hi Jamms!

Comment

Working...
                                X