The Mod Squad Weekly Thread for March 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all! I got through last night and resisted the temptation of all that AL. Feeling good today... well... despite the bloats. Need to burp really bad.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Woo hoo - Well done Vlad - go on, have a good old belch to celebrate!

Bx

Hi all!
      Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Sweaty Betty;583261 wrote: Woo hoo - Well done Vlad - go on, have a good old belch to celebrate!
        Actually, it came out as a fart. Feeling much better now.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

hee hee! So glad about that......
          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Good Morning Ladies

Delta Moon,
            I've forgotten now, what is your ultimate plan?
            Are you ODAT and seeing where this AF streak leads;
            or are you trying to go AF?
            Are you open to the possibility of a drink someday, as in "never say never?"

I don't know where you post besides here, but long term AF has its own set of problems and you should probably be amongst those who have experienced them.
            For example, you may hit a "wall" after so many days and lose some joy or motivation and backslide a bit.
            There are other experiences unique to long term abstainers.

You will always be dear to us, and certainly an "honorary modder", even if you go AF.
            Stay with us; but start rubbing elbows with the experienced abstainers,
            if you are not doing so already.
            ~Kid~

PS:
            Your statement is not true!
            you said:
            "I enjoy all of you so much but might not have enough to contribute here right now"

Successful Modders are always trailblazers,examples, and an inspiration to
            us Modders who look up to you as we try to decide what we ultimately want.
            Sunbeam,you and a few others are successful in your slightly different approaches and we benefit enormously from your presence and input!
            :thanks:
            It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Morning Modders,
              Welcome Cori. Yes, there are a lot of plans for modding, and you have to figure out what's right for you. It's trial and error, and I've been making errors of late, but don't give up. I think our errors/mistakes will lead us to a better and healthier life in the end.

I'm sorry to report that my demons got the best of me on Sunday and I was really upset about it yesterday. I wasn't sure I should share this with you, but if I can't share it with you all, then who the hell can I share with?

I made some bad choices and drank way too much wine. It wasn't the right place or time to be drinking. I paid for it Sunday evening, and yesterday. I'd put myself through hell yesterday, as I was so unhappy I made some bad choices.

Unlike I've done in the past, one bad binge would lead into weeks of bad binges, and it ended there. So I'm proud to say that I'm starting to like myself again today. I really lose respect for myself for making bad choices like that, as you all know how that is. Ok, that's all I'm going to report for now.

Sounds like everyone's doing so well, and it's great to hear. Delta, if you choose to go, we'll miss you, but you know you're always welcome here. You sounds so flippin' great!

To everyone, have a great day.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hey Jvo - chin up and keep pressing on!

Random thought: How can 'Bloated' be a mood???

You never say, 'Oh, I'm in a really bloated mood today!'

Comment

J-Vo, I felt the same as you a couple of weeks ago when I also over did it -- my conclusion is that we have set ourselves such high standards now that we really do take it hard when we don't live up to it. Please be kind to yourself and treat it as it is -- a learning curve.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

vlad;583266 wrote: Actually, it came out as a fart. Feeling much better now.
                    LMAO :H
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

You can laugh - there's still some air trapped though. STILL.

Comment

Wanted to welcome Cori. Always good to *see* a new face!! So much good info here Cori so welcome aboard.

I went to the general boards the other day and read a few posts from people who are modding fairly well. Was wishing they'd come over this way a bit and share their advice. I may have to recruit some new members!! LOL. And, yes, Sunbeam and Delta...pls keep checking in. There's always good info to share and as I pose a new question about modding each week on the ch-ch-changes thread you'll both have good info and insight to contribute I know.

I've had the best month of modding since coming back to MWO in Sept. 08. So, I'm grateful to all of my friends here and for the support.

We do have out of state friends coming for dinner tomorrow night so it will be a drinking night but I plan no more than two!! Learning the tricks of starting with seltzer, non-al in between the wine, etc.
                        So, I remain a part of the social drinking group but don't end up over doing it.

Have a good week everyone.
                        Hugs,
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

j-vo - finding out what works for you to effectively moderate can be a trial and error learning curve. There are times when you wil be happy with the outcome of your drinking and times you will not. The success comes from what you will learn and take away from your experience. Set new boundaries and rules for yourself and the mistakes will be opportunities to grow.
                          Blessings
                          Toughen up!

Comment

Hi all:
                            Checking in on my day off. Just so you know I read this thread most days when I have a few minutes at work or while dinner is cooking, but don't feel I have the time to put thought to "paper". But I do think about you each day!

I too am looking forward to April and a fresh start. I am not happy with my DrinkTracker for March: too many 3s and a couple 4s. Two weeks where I drank 4 days instead of 3. . . I worry about the amounts "creeping up". Wouldn't post this anywhere else, because I'd have folks jumping down my neck, but wanted to be honest that I am still watching myself carefully and this month wasn't an easy one.

I also had two day spell where I felt "like the old days" when I wasn't in control of my drinking: It was on a Sunday after which I'd had 3 drinks on a Sat nite that I had not planned on (I was home and decided to have 1 drink; then got to talking to a friend on the phone and had 2 more . . an old pattern). That next day Sunday I woke up uncertain if I could be AF (I was ) but the fear that I couldn't was very real.

I'm back seeing my counselor for support on my dating and daughter issues so we'll discuss this. I do know that Sat. nite I was feeling a bit like a "lonely loser". I'm really "putting myself out there" on the dating front and I have to be careful not to run away from those vulnerable feelings with wine. OK, I'll lighen up now. Just helps to put it out to the universe to "let it go". Like confession. :-)

Thanks for listening. Knowing we are all in this together means a lot to me.
                            Fondly,

Ask

Comment

Wow...that felt good!!

I'm going to confess too!!
                              Just not right this minute!! :H
                              Hi, Ask...
                              That was great. I wish I could open up like that.
                              ~Kid~
                              It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                              ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thanks Kid. It's not easy, but I think it's what I've found of greatest value on these boards. People speaking from the heart. That and the friendship & laughs.

So glad to see you back pal.

Ask

Comment

Working...
                                X