Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mod Squad Weekly Thread for March 30th

oh Ask!
    At least you are getting out there! I can so relate to what you wrote. I am shy too!
    Anyways, we both know that a lot of those 'smug marrieds' are miserable. That is why I like being single, you know, being free to start over.
    Lila

Comment

By the way, everyone, I am back on St Johns Wort, and I feel much better. Why did I stop taking it? Because I felt okay, and in the middle of winter too! Now why do depressives always DO that?
      Lila

Comment

I don't have anything to confess, I wasn't on the Drink Tracker Febuary or March plainly because I couldn't be bothered. No vodka binges since 03/01/09.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi All -- Long story short: I got very sick and ended up in the hospital. Had surgery but will need another in a few weeks. I'm much better now. I will need time to recover though. I can't do my Sinclair because of upcoming surgery. So I will need to rely on your good sense for modding. Just well enough to enjoy a glass of red wine and it helps. I recovered quickly because of my good health and want to keep it that way. I'll be mostly lurking but it feels great to be back w/ you all. You all seem to be doing great.

Lena

Comment

Then you are in BIG trouble!!

lenaleed;583567 wrote: ... So I will need to rely on your good sense for modding....
            Lena
            Get well soon!
            It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
            ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Thanks to you all for your supportive words. It means so very much to me. And Ask, we're both going to have a better month! Lena - hope you get well soon! Everyone else, you are always in my prayers - I ask God to watch over my MWO friends daily.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Oh, and I had a much more productive day today than yesterday. I couldn't do anything except hate myself yesterday, and today I exercised, posted here, did my anxiety tapes, and made my hubby a great dinner. I have to say that my depression lifts when I can manage to turn my thoughts from negative to positive, and it's with your help that I can do this quicker. God Bless.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

oh, J-vo, I mean to be supportive too! (I didn't know you were married!!)
                  I do that a lot as well, I really really try to look at the bright side of things and count my blessings.
                  If you are praying for me, I really really really appreciate it!
                  Lila

Comment

Married almost 19 years Lila. Together since we were 15 and 16 years old. He's a saint to have put up with me for that long!

Comment

Lila - hope you feel better soon!

Hi again J-vo - glad your feeling more positive today. And wow, together since 15 and 16 - aaaaaaaaah, teenage love.
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

thanks Vlad, I am doing okay - actually not too bad!

Comment

I don't have much to report in my little world. I have spent most of the day on the road travelling and feel totally knackered but I must pull myself together and get ready for book club tonight.
                          I'll catch up with you all tomorrow when i have 2 minutes to myself.

Mwah to all!!!
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

She means 'Book' Club.

No, it is Book Club really now isn't it DeeBee. It's not 'Drinking Wine Until I'm Arse-Holed Club' anymore.

Comment

Yip it is really BOOK club. LOL!! And just to prove it to you, last night we discussed a book called "the Tao of Pooh".... has anyone read it? It is too sweet and so far I am so enjoying Winnie-the-Pooh teach me the ancient principals of Taoism.

Today I have to get my shopping done for the camping trip, I need thinks like STRECHERS, MATTRESS', FOOD, you know, just arb things!!! And in between all of my shopping I need to get some work done, otherwise I'll be broke when I get back. I swear my DH thinks I have nothing to do all day and that my money grows on trees...aaargghhh!!! I wish!!
                              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi all! Today I'm nervous because our group is 'performing' this evening at a church AGM. It's not so much the singing and playing as to the setting up ready. I think that was maybe the reason for my cravings yesterday. Anyway, I got through and started the April with an AF day.

Comment

Working...
                                X