April Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Modders

What a great plan you put in place, Tipplerette! And thanks, I did have a wonderful, moderate evening.

Well, as I said earlier this month my SIL, friend of his are here for a good ol' boys weekend. And are they partying! We had dinner with them Fri nite, they came over afterwards and we ended up drinking too much. Fortunately, 16 yo gs just got his license so at least a safe driver for them to get home.

Yest: Did not feel the greatest but got grocery shopping done, played 18 holes of golf. After golf met them in bar where dh & I had a light beer, SIL drinking rum & coke & tequila. Again, last night they came over for drinks, this time b4 going out to dinner. We joined them for 1, & did not go out with them. Today I walked/ran 5 miles, stopped at other place to p/u something, could not as one did not make tee time today; still in bed. I did not want to disturb him, can get it later.

There but for the grace of God go I. No judgment. Just pleased I feel good & healthy today. Happy Easter!

TMH
    The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Modders

TMH, sounds like you enjoyed yourself and had a few. Still having fun and playing golf. That is fantastic. SIL must be feeling pretty yucky this morning, not envying him... LOL

Last night we brought two bottles of wine to the spaghetti cook off. Hubby's won in a landslide. Yah. Felt a little queasy all evening. No idea why. This was enough to get me started on the tea i brought almost immediately.

We stayed late and enjoyed chatting by the campfire. Just sipping my tea, keeping alert to any further belly problems but they settled down by the end of the evening so i didn't have to get hubby who was enjoying his congratulations, to bring me home early.

Happy Easter guys! All my kids cancelled for one reason or another so told hubby we'll just have a quiet day eating the food I made: lobster quiche, fruit salad with maple syrup, ham, scalloped potatoes. Typical Easter stuff for around here.

So glad to be here on MWO feeling good about myself. Saw my first robin this morning so spring is really coming...

Take care everyone.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

April Modders

Hi all,
        Just winding down this evening. Boy, what a weekend. Brother and family came Thursday and we ended up drinking wine and key lime martinis. Was a little off Friday but we took them to the city for site seeing and I think we ended up walking about 10 miles. Wow. But at least I got some exercise. Drank a beer at lunch and then 2 wines when we got back to the house from the city. Woke up fine Sat. They all left that day but 2 sons still at home. Had a nice day and evening with them. Cooked all day today for Easter dinner and watched the Masters. Two sons and future DIL left promptly after Masters. Now just chillin' and enjoying the peace although I always get blue when everyone leaves. It usually takes me a day to get back into the swing of being an empty nester. Drank 3 wines during the course of the day today. I am looking forward to getting back to eating healthy and staying af all week. I really, really need a break. I am tired of it right now. I would like to think maybe it's getting old for me. I would like that to happen. Seems like everyone is doing well. Take care.
        MM
        "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

April Modders

MM - that's exactly how I felt today - sick and tired of it actually. This is after having too much last night. Don't know what the heck happened.

Finally back to our home; so much work to move out, then move back in. All the groceries, clothes, toiletries, shoes, golf caps, handbags, books. Been stressed out last 2 days thinking of hauling all the stuff but tried to look at it as today's exercise. Lots of stairs. My voice is strained; stress goes right to my throat. Looking forward to a good night's sleep back in my own bed. It will mean taking a sleeping pill but that's ok.

Everyone having a good week?

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Hey TMH, I know. It just comes out of nowhere and sh*t happens and you end up having too much. I have been dragging all week. I have had to drag my butt to the gym where normally I would hop my way there. I think I am just trying to get over the weekend but I have been allowing myself to be lazy and although I am doing things, I am doing them slower just knowing that I will come out of it and be my old self again. I usually have difficulty just sitting for any period of time but I am allowing this for now. I haven't had anything to drink since Sunday. I had a light bulb moment yesterday. I realized I hadn't had 7 days af in a very long time. We are going out with friends for dinner Sat and I will not drink. I wasn't going to say anything to hubby but they wanted to meet for predinner drinks and I had to tell him I wasn't going to. I hate setting myself up for failure and hate coming on here and saying I am not going to drink and then fail. But I am just taking it odaat. I still haven't lost all the weight that I want to so I am taking some time off to see if I can lose it. My body has not been feeling well and I know I need to do this. So I will see how it goes. I am not promising anything but feel good knowing I am having some time off. I feel relief. So I will let you know how it goes. How is everyone else doing?
            MM

Comment

April Modders

Wish all of you would come back; whether it's going well or not. Please? I need to come here and "talk" and I look forward to hearing how you are all doing and what we are all learning through our trial and error.

Yest was one of those mindful days Tips talked about. The company I retired from back in the midwest held a reception for retirees in this area. I got to see & hug one of my old bosses & his wife; we have made plans to play golf next season & exchanged contact info. It was delightful. They served wine. Had 1. Three hrs later we're home and since we're already fairly dressed up I suggested we go up to the club for a drink. We had 2, talked & laughed with friends, came home and had dinner here. It felt so good and in control. Oh, want to be clear, club is 1 mile away in a 25 mph neighborhood.

Eve (if you're lurking and since you commented on grandparents' rights) - update on last Feb dilemma with the grandboys and how ex-DIL put up huge fuss over their visiting us. She got PC (parenting consultant) to agree with her that that weekend constituted my son's full week vacation with his sons for the year. Had day in court Thurs. Judge asked her "do you think your boys had fun in FL"? Well, yes. "Do you think it was good for the boys to see their grandmother"? Well, ya. She reinstated his full week vacation, pretty much told ex DIL off in getting it together about what's in the best interest of those children, and that my son has every right to take them on his custodial weekends to FL to see their grandmother, he just has to let her know about it. She asked her how she would feel if my son forbid the boys to see HER father. Sounds so elementary, doesn't it? She was so miffed that we/son didn't ask her permission. Also, PC got fired and they no longer have/need one.

MM - our lives seem to be running parallel. Week before our last company I got it together in getting not only my run/walks in but also alternating days of wt work for upper body, lower body. And I dropped 3#. They found me again. ODAAT

TMH

Comment

April Modders

I'm still around TMH. :hallo: I agree. I need to come on here as well to keep myself accountable and wish this site was more active. Where is everyone? :hello:

Just had 6 days af and feel good. I did drag all week though but I think I had a mild bug of some sort. Felt ugh. We are going out this evening with a couple and I said I would not drink. I believe I mentioned that in my last post. Well, I think I may change my mind. I am chillin' a bottle of Chardonnay and may have one before we leave and one at dinner. If I can keep to that I will be happy. I don't think it will be hard because I don't think they are big drinkers. Still haven't lost that weight but I am not surprised considering all that I ate and drank over Easter. It will come off though if I stay diligent, which I plan to.

So happy to hear that all worked out with your grandkids, TMH. Yes, how simple was that and only makes sense. Happy to hear that you had an "in control" moment too. I think if we have a bit of those more often it will only cement positive thinking and planning in the future. Way to go. I feel stronger today and think I can get back on track.

Well, for all of those that are around and reading, I wish you a happy, mod weekend. We would love to hear from you.
                MM

Comment

April Modders

Sat & Sun ended up being at upper limit (3). Played golf both days.

Today I did make it to Bible Study, then we had some tax issues to deal with. Major tax issues, in fact, have to file an extension. Then I did my handwritten wt lifting and floorwork workout and went for a 3 mile walk. Showered, contacts out, dinner done and here's to an AF day/night.

MM - good rest of weekend?

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Same as you TMH. Ended up having a glass of wine before we went out to dinner sat and had 2 more at dinner. Then Sunday we were watching the hockey playoffs (go Flyers!) and I ended up with 3 glasses of wine and made myself a key lime martini. Way over the limit for me. But I don't feel too bad about it. Flyers won and I had a good time. Will go af all week, including Friday and am going out again Sat with our son, his fiance and her parents. So I will have to be on my best behavior, so no over imbibing that night. Will have wine Sunday. So overall, if I keep being af M-F and then drink some on weekends, I think I am doing ok. Working out every morning and either walking or going back to the gym in the evenings. Feel so much better this week. I really think I had a bug last week. I have way more energy and feel happier. Am starting up my interior decorating business again and I am energized about that. Hubby is happy too. So things are looking up.

Glad you got your contacts out TMH.
                    MM

Comment

April Modders

Hi TMH and Mightymite! I haven't been posting because I didn't have much to report. I'm still just slowly working my way through this to get my drinking down more. am having a bit of trouble getting motivated to do my af days this week but I feel so much better when I do and my head is so clear I can really get some work done and just be on the ball if you know what I mean.

I can feel my al tolerance dropping again lately which should be a good thing. What I've found is I'll taper down a bit and gradually over several weeks the lesser amount then starts affecting me more and more, just gradually at first, but then it starts feeling like too much so I'll taper down again. This time though I'm hesitant or nervous about tapering, and I don't know why I feel this way.

My sleep is also terrible the last few nights, I keep waking up at around 4.30 and can't get back to sleep, it's driving me nuts. sorry for all the negativity, I'm so bloomin tired right now :argh:

Comment

April Modders

Whoops! lol

So, been doin pretty good. I used to start unwinding in the afternoon. I have been waiting later and later each day. I have also been cutting back, but then tonight after I waited to drink til this evening- I ran into someone that I have been DREADING running into. I was soo pissed off when I got home all I wanted to do was drink bummer~ Just reminds you of why you want to get crappy people out of your life. So . . . I waited til later to have drinks- the latest I have in several days, but I drank more than I wish I would have. So, some good and some not soo good. But I guess that is how it goes with this it sounds like? Part of me just feels like not drinking at all! But of course that won't happen right away. We will get there!

Comment

April Modders

A warm hello to you modders

I have not been posting much because have been so busy falling in love. Lol. But my moderation plans are still going strong. Stil not drinking monday to thursday but the units have crept up on the weekend.
                          I need to bring them back down to a healthy level again.But overall I am happy with my moderation plans.

Got to lose six pounds by June!!

Hope everyone is having a good day. x
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

April Modders

I am going out for a meal in a restuarant tonight so I am going to be strong and focus on my health and well being.

So the plan today is no more than two drinks and to order a healthier meal ( meat or fish with salad).

Lets see if I can do this....
                            Be strong-
                            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

April Modders

Good morning to anyone who is reading this.

I am really please with myself. I didnt binge drink last night. Just stuck to my two glasses of gin and tonic and I ordered a healthy meal of fish and salad.

Tonight is a bigger challenge. I am meeting my fiance's friends and we are going on a pub crawl. My aim is to stick to a drink per hour with a maximum of four drinks.
                              Be strong-

Comment

April Modders

Hi ya'll,

Nice to see you RB. I was wondering about you recently. Sounds like all's going well.

Good to see you, and all the best.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X