April Modders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April Modders

Hi Rebirth. What a lovely thing to read about you falling in love. :h You must be so happy. My hubby and I have been married for 28 years and coming up on 29 in May and I still love him as much as the day I fell in love with him. You sound like you are doing really well. Be careful on that pub crawl though. That might be a tough one.

Good to see you drinkingal. I wish you could get better rest. It is a horrible feeling when you can't sleep. I hope you are getting some better rest.

Hey there BB. You seem to be doing well.

TMH, where are you?

I have been doing well. Working out regularly and only drinking on weekends and keeping that to a minimum.

Shout out to Mr. G. Good to see you. You seem to be doing really well. I'm happy for you.

MM
    "What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding." Elvis Costello

Comment

April Modders

Hi MM
      I really hope my marriage will be as long lasting and as happy as yours. I have only known this man for six months but I knew within three weeks that he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I had really given up on love before that.

He is also a good influence on me because he is a fitness freak. He hardly drinks and never binge eats. Lol

What workouts do you do?
      Be strong-
      We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
      Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

April Modders

:hallo: I'm around. Not as disciplined as I want to be with workouts, food, and the dang drinks. Busy social week but then they all are. Last night we chose not to attend popular Fri nite Happy Hour. My intention was to have an AF day ~ dh came home and suggested we go over to pool for a dip, sit in hot tub. Great. He took 2 plastic glasses of wine with us. :sigh: Certainly could have said no thanks, but I didn't. Actually, we ended up having a very fun night. :h

So good to hear from you, Rebirth! Have missed you. You sound so happy! That's wonderful. How was the pub crawl?

MM - can you send me some of your restraint? :good:

Tipplerette - could use some more words of wisdom. I found my copy of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth and started it again. Hope it resonates this time.

Hi drinkingal and BB. Good to see you. Keep working at it.

Am I sorry about last night? Heck no. But today I am going to state upfront that I want to take a day off. And then just work on today.

Lila - miss you, girl. How are things in the midwest?

TMH
        The pain of discipline is less than the pain of regret.

Comment

April Modders

Rebirth, does that mean there is a wedding in your future since you have to lose 6lbs by June. I wish you all the best and a life filled with love and laughter. Don't forget the laughter. It is so important. My hubby makes me laugh on on a daily basis. I told him the day I stop laughing is the day I file for divorce. :H Oops, forgot to tell you my workout routine. I go to the gym every morning and do 45 min on the elliptical. Then I lift weights but rotate my weight workouts. One day I will do biceps/triceps. Next day chest and back. Next day legs. This is all after my cardio on the elliptical. I then do abs everyday too. We will go back to the gym in the evening for 30 min of cardio and abs again. If it is a nice day we will walk for about 45 min instead of going to the gym.

Awe TMH, I don't know that I have such great restraint. I really was never much of a drinker during the week anyway. But to be honest, my hubby is the only reason I don't drink more. He has a few beers here and there and nothing more. I truly think if he wasn't around I would be in big trouble. He keeps me accountable big time. I'm glad you weren't sorry about last night. I think if you had a good time and you and your hubby were happy then all's well. It's when we start to regret it that we need to step back and take a good, long look. I don't have much more wisdom than that. :huh:

Well we are getting ready for some much needed rain in the area. inkele: I can't wait. Off to go and see if we can get some benches made from the Amish then dinner tonight with our son, his fiance and her parents. Won't be drinking much at all. 2 glasses tops. Then a nice long day inside tomorrow watching the rain and hockey. A perfect weekend in my book. Enjoy your mod weekend all. Hope it is all you wish it to be.
          MM

Comment

April Modders

Hi TMH
            Good to hear from you. Its been a while but I intend to post on a regular basis from now on. The pub crawl is tonight so I need to watch myself.
            Be strong-
            We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.

Comment

April Modders

A bit different Sat nite here. Went to church, then went out to dinner. I had one ODoul's (NA beer). Am ready to go to bed and read. Had a little difficulty getting out contacts and teased dh about it's harder to do when sober. He offered to get me a glass of wine. This time I declined! :thumbs:

I worked out today - 30 min on ET; 30 min or 2 mile TM walk on Incline. Glad I did but it took effort because everyday I feel so tired. And I'm sure that's the alcohol. Drag through the day rather than wake up refreshed and energized.

Rebirth - even on your good moderating weekends, I remember you said that you always felt tired on Monday.

Anyway, I've been hitting it too hard and need to take a break. Day 1 done.

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Hey Tip,

Love your signature post by Lao Tzu!!!

:l
                Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

April Modders

Good morning modders,

Hi Eve. Nice to see you are still around.

MM- Wow you sure are dedicated. Are you exercising to lose weight or just to stay fit and healthy? The six pounds I have put on is from eating too many man portions of food with my fiance. He can get away with it cause he is over six foot but little me started getting a muffin top. lol
                  The wedding isnt till next year in march but i just want to lose it cause I am fed up of binge eating.

TMH- Yes i was always tired on a monday despite a good moderation weekend. Alcohol does sap your energy.

Anyway, I did okay this weekend. The saturday pub crawl was a success. I managed to drink a few diet cokes inbetween so i woke up with a fairly clear head sunday morning. It was interesting to see the others downing their drinks one after the othe r and getting very drunk. .Itcertainly doesnt appeal to me anymore.
                  x
                  Be strong-

Comment

April Modders

Good morning all,
                    Wow, Rebirth. You did great on the pub crawl. :goodjob: I don't know that I would have been able to do as well in that situation. It's the main reason I am here. I don't do well in group situations. Yes, I am trying to lose weight. I have been wanting to drop a total of 7lbs since Feb. Well I have 5 down and cannot get the last 2 off for the life of me. But we go to the gym in the evening to mainly do something other than sit in front of the tv. I hate sitting around after dinner doing nothing so that's why we go or else go for a walk. But I know the main reason I can't lose those last 2 is because of the wine on the weekends. I tend to binge eat when I drink. Even if I drink only a couple. I am sure it's the whole sugar thing in the wine.

Well, I learned 2 things about myself this weekend. I drank 3 glasses of wine Fr, Sat and Sun each. I am not happy about that. That is over my limit. I have learned that I get depressed the day after and I get paranoid when I drink. I am naturally a very happy person. I LOVE to laugh and I HATE being sad. The day after I drink I feel down. I am not sure what this means or if it will change anything but I think it is a great step toward self awareness. I would like to think the paranoid thing will definitely lead to less drinking. I hate that feeling too. Plus the whole weight thing is making me crazy. I am not an overweight person and I am sure that is leading to the last couple being so hard to lose but it is making me crazy. So something has to give. I would love to try to go af this weekend. I know I can but I have just been too lazy to even try. I don't even like coming on here and saying that because I don't know if I will. I don't like saying I will do something and then not do it. Well, I just really wanted to share all of that with you all. I don't know where to go from here. We'll see I guess.

Have a great day everyone.
                    MM

Comment

April Modders

Good job, Rebirth! I've done ok too. Not AF but still quite ok. On Sunday we played golf and I bypassed the beer off the bev cart, bypassed drink in bar after the game but did enjoy a couple before/during dinner.

Yest I rode bike up to Bible Study, then hit the Fitness Center but only did 20 min on ET & rode home. Lifted wts, then had appt. After appt dh suggested "I" practice my golf so we headed for range, ran into friends, & ended up playing 9 holes which upped my daily step count to 16K. No drinks but had a couple gl of wine, again before/during dinner. Feel good this a.m.

Hope everyone has a terrific Tuesday!

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Cross post, MM. Understand how you feel both about those last few lbs. and the depression after drinking. You/I get down on ourselves. This a.m. I don't feel that way at all and now that you've had an AF day you're probably feeling wonderful.

Guess we're slow learners but until or if we are already to give it up totally we're doing better, I think.

TMH

Comment

April Modders

Cross post TMH. :hallo: Sounds like you had a great weekend. I think I have to get that golf bug too.
                          MM

Comment

April Modders

Cross post, cross post. :H

Comment

April Modders

"It was interesting to see the others downing their drinks one after the othe r and getting very drunk. .Itcertainly doesnt appeal to me anymore."

I know what you mean rebirth, getting smashed just doesn't appeal to me either anymore, I'm so grateful for that. It's a horrible feeling getting that drunk not to mention the next day. great job on your pub crawl!

I've decided to stop sitting on the fence and taper down from my 5 allowed drinks to 4 on drinking nights now. I've been doing it for a few days now and it's been fine so my apprehension about it was totally unfounded and it's another step forward in the right direction.

I'm going to do an af Thursday, anyone want to join me?

Comment

April Modders

Hi modders,

Hi Drinking Gal - will certainly join you for AF thursday.I dont allow myself any AL from monday to thursday anyways. Been keeping that routine for over a year now and its working for me. Hard to believe it really as I use to drink a bottle of wine a day and more on the weekends.

MM- Could you try and drink something non alcoholic inbetween drinks? You have to remember that AL contains alot of calories so this is what is stopping you from losing the last few pounds. Well done on the weight you have lost so far.I am on a low calorie and low carb diet. I have swapped my white wine for gin and slimline tonic. I am hoping this will help in the weight loss too.
                                But I relate to the depression you get from drink. When I drank rediculous amounts of AL in the past, I use to wake up monday mornings so hungover, so tired, so fed up of my behaviour. I never thought it was possible to change this.

But we can change! ;-)

Hi TMH-what does ET stand for?
                                x
                                Be strong-

Comment

Working...
                                X